Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poornima RameshYour feedback matters!
Me and my gf had unprotected sex before three days. Taking unwanted 72 pill now will avoid pregnancy or it will not.
How can I know that my girlfriend was virgin? I tried sex with her but she gets more pain and she will ask me to stop. Can this shows that she is a virgin?
My sis is 13 years old she has dysomennorehea disorder dis month her period is on 26 th b4 2 days her stomach is paining may b on 19 and 20 sept like on d night hr stomach was paining afte having food nt so much den again on 20 hr stomach was paining in aftr noon. Bt frm dis two days she is f9 during her periods she has vry bad pain in hr stomach and her pain last till 5 th day of period and also has a very heavy flow till 5th day so doc suggested hr meftal spas she become fine aftr dat nd also aftr heat pads once hr period is gone she becomes totally f9 bt I am still concern as one of the doc from your app told me dat she had small intestine pathology prob as my personal gynac told d same she has periods prob n docs from other app tld d same bt I am still concern does she hve any small intestine prob.
Got married last month .We don't want baby now. Which is the best way to prevent pregnancy except condom and pills. Is it true that pills are very harmful?
Hi, im 32 years old married since 3 years and tried twice for a baby. Both the times my wife got aborted at the time of completion of 3 months. We did not go for any investigation. We have to try again after gap of 4 months and scared of loosing again. Doctor suggested for semen test. Is that helpful if we do so. Also suffering from early ejaculation in 40 to 60 seconds and failing to fulfil my wife in intercourse. Pls suggest some medicines to cure PE and also about the tests to go. Pls do the needful.
For 3 months I didn't got my periods. So I went to a gyna and she referred me to do a scanning. And then she find out that I have poly cystic ovary and its just a beginning. She gave me a tablet named hyponidd and said to eat it for 3 months. And I got my period after 1 week. But now again my stomach is still paining. What will I do doctors. Please help me. I can't even control my urine because of this.
I am 22 years old female. I never had acne in my life and I had fair glowing face. I am a hypothyroid patient and since 4 months I did not get my periods. I consulted a doctor and taking medicines for it. But since a month I had severe red spots on my cheeks. I never get pimples there at all. I am unable to identify whether its acne or some allergy. Pls help me.
Endometriosis: causes and treatment
Endometriosis is a chronic disorder that occurs when tissues, which form the inner lining of the uterus - known as the endometrium - are found outside the uterus. This abnormal growth of endometrial tissue can take place on any part of the pelvic and abdominal regions such as the ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina, vulva, bladder, etc. Rare occurrences of endometriosis can also happen in the lungs, on the arms, and thighs among others.
There is tremendous research underway with regard to the causes of endometriosis in women as the exact root of its occurrence has not been determined.
The most plausible explanations for the development of this disease are as follows:
1. Retrograde menstruation: the most likely cause of endometriosis, this happens when menstrual blood and tissue backs up into the fallopian tubes and pelvis instead or getting expelled from the body. These displaced endometrial tissues then stick to the pelvic walls and grow on other organs in the region.
2. Endometrial cell transport: endometrial cells and tissues are often transported through blood and lymph vessels to various parts of the body where they start to thrive.
3. Embryonic cell growth: embryonic cells that line the walls of the pelvic and abdominal cavities often turn into endometrial tissue, which causes endometriosis.
4. Surgical scars: endometrial cells often get surgically transplanted to scars in the abdomen and pelvis during surgical procedures such as c-sections or hysterectomies.
5. Immune system disorder: dysfunction of the immune system prohibits the elimination of endometrial tissue outside the uterus.
6. Foetal development: endometriosis can occur in a foetus that retains endometrial tissue, which develops into the disease later in life when triggered by pubertal hormones (hormones that trigger puberty).
7. Hormones: endometriosis is stimulated by the hormone oestrogen, which leads to the disease when it reaches abnormal levels.
Endometriosis is a curable condition. The common treatments include:
1. Pain medicines: over-the-counter painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs help relieve the agony of endometriosis and burning menstruation.
2. Hormone therapy: the administration of certain hormones such as birth-control pills and other hormonal contraceptives, as well as drugs that block stimulation of the ovaries are effective in suppressing the development of endometriosis.
3. Surgery: this resorts to only when all other methods of treatment have failed. The initial surgical approach is to remove the extra-uterine endometrial growth. However, some cases might require a hysterectomy with complete removal of the uterus and ovaries.
I am 25 years old, I'm married n I wanna conceive. I have pcos problem also. what should i do ? can i conceive a baby?
Hey. I had sex on 31dec. Took an morning after pill immediately. On 7th Jan had some spotting. Doctor prescribed norethisterone for 5 days. Had spotting on 17th Jan again. Does it mean I'm pregnant?
I m 25 year old female my uterus shows two live embryos are 7 weeks. Llying in separate sac. But a Cystic mass measuring 52.1mm?38.7mm seen in right adenexa please Tell me right advice. Kiya delivery ke saath ye cystic mass ko operation kar ke bina kisi loss ke bhar nikal sakta h.
Question I would like to go on the Pill for contraception purposes and wondered if you could go through a typical list of questions that the doctor will ask me?
Hi I am 29 year old and recently came to know that I am pregnant we tested the same at home and found the test positive but today we visited a doc just to confirm but as per her the test is weak positive kindly help us understand what does this weak positive stand for also how we can be sure on my pregnancy looking forward to hear from all of you soon thank you in advance.
Dysmenorrhea or painful periods occur when a woman feels pain in the stomach area, thighs, back and legs. This kind of a pain is very common during periods. While many consider this to be a common problem, extreme pain and cramps are not supposed to be taken too lightly.
The nature and severity of pain vary from one female to another. In some patients, the pain is mild. In others, the pain is severe. In fact, it may be so severe that one is forced to be in bed. While some have cramping pains, others feel discomfort only. In some cases, the pain is in the abdomen or lower abdomen. In others, the pain occurs in the back or legs. Some other symptoms too accompany the pain. Nausea or vomiting are commonly present with the pain. Irritability may also be seen. Some patients lose appetite. In most of the cases, the onset of pain is a little before the menses. The pain is usually relieved when the flow begins or at the most by the second day. Relief in pain is felt with hot fomentation or by bending double.
Homeopathic Medicines For Painful Menses:
Most females keep taking painkillers when they have pain. This is repeated at every menstrual cycle as they start thinking that this is normal. There is no need to think so. Homeopathic medicines are very effective in curing this problem. There are dozens of medicines that can be indicated according to the symptoms. All of the medicines have given wonderful results in my hands. Here I have compiled a list of the most commonly used medicines. The list has been named as the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for painful menses.
The extent and nature of the pain differ from one woman to another. In a few patients, the pain is very subtle. In others, the pain is extreme. Here are a few homeopathic cures that can help get rid of the period pain:
Lac Caninum helps in getting rid of painful swelling and tenderness in breasts that occur before the period and the pain may occur alternately.
Pulsatilla is the most commonly used homeopathic medication. Mood swings are common during periods; hence it helps in curing them as well. It is more suited for the women who experience subtle and tender pain. The person tends to get very emotional. Periods are generally late. The patient usually feels better outdoors and they do not feel thirsty easily. All these can be cured with Pulsatilla.
Cimicifuga is used when there is a pain that feels like cramps. It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for painful periods. It is also one of the best homeopathic medicine for extremely painful periods when other side effects show up as well. The pain usually occurs in the lower stomach area, but tends to shoot down towards the legs as well.
Mag Phos is very helpful in situations where the pain is usually relieved by using heating pads. The pain is likewise improved by applying pressure. The periods are dull. The pain increases due to cold and at night. Mag Phos is hence, one of the best homeopathic medicines for periods as well.
Nux Vomica is used when there is a continuous urge to pass stool while experiencing pain in the pelvic area. Nux Vomica is one of the best homeopathic treatments for such painful periods.
Belladonna is effective in situations where the pain begins and stops all of a sudden. The face tends to become hot, red and flushed. The blood flow is extremely red. The pain might be in the form of cramps as well.
- Chamomilla is used when the individual might be excessively touchy and feels extreme pain even if it is not that painful. The blood might be dark with large clots with a scarlet red hue. The person might also have extreme mood swings. Also, excruciating pain extends down the inner thighs. The individual tends to crave frosty beverages and the pain is more pronounced when she is lying down. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.