Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poornima Ramesh
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poornima RameshYour feedback matters!
A Doctor Who really listens to you with lot of patience and a warm smile. Highly recommended
Meri wife ko 3 months ki baby he delivery ke baad use continue bleeding means periods the jo ki normally hota he uske band hone ke baad use 1st periods aaye par 1 month baad secend period ke time use perio nahi aya jise aaj almost 16 din ho chuke he maine 3 baar pregnancy test kit se test bhi kiya but report negative aai, mujhe tension he ki kahin vo pregnant to nahi aur vo baby ko breast feeding bhi karati he please jald se jald mujhe reply dijiye ki me kaise pata karu ki vo pregnant he ya nai.
Main 23 years ki unmarried girl hun, meri breast pe dard hota tha toh meine breast use kiya tha, toh mere both breast pe fibrodenosis hai. 1.) Isse koi problem ya phir cancer to nahi hoga na? 2) Mere right side ka nipple sensitive hone ke bad ek side pe hil kyun jata hai? But meri right side nipple sensitive hone ke bad sidha rehta hai.
Hi team, there is some blackish liquid being secreted from my breast when I squeeze them. My prolactin level is 23. I am too scared. It hasn't stopped since 3 months. But it doesn't come by itself. It oozes out only if I squeeze them. I have undergone right salpingectomey 5 months ago did ectopic pregnancy.
Pregnancy is a normal life function that many women go through. Yet, this is a part of life where one has to take special care of one’s health and condition as there are many biological changes that happen in one’s body. Swollen legs and ankles are a common part of one’s pregnancy. This condition is most commonly known as edema and it usually occurs when fluid collects in the tissue. This, in turn, happens when the blood chemistry changes and the fluid get routed to the tissue. This is a common occurrence due to the hormonal changes that one goes through during pregnancy. The condition usually troubles pregnant ladies during their third trimester.
Read on to find out the various ways in which one can deal with it.
- When to call a doctor: Call a doctor or a midwife for a thorough check up if you happen to see any puffiness or swelling in your face and eyes. This could point at a more serious problem like the onset of preeclampsia. Also, if you happen to notice that one leg is more swollen than the other, then you may want to see a doctor about it, as it could mean that there is a blood clot in the leg.
- Put your feet up: This is especially important if you are at a desk all day. The best way to deal with such swelling is to put your feet up every once in a while, so that the swelling may reduce. You can use a foot stool or even a pile of books for this purpose.
- Breaks: If you are constantly sitting or lying down, it would be a good idea to give it a break and walk around a little so that there is better blood circulation. This also keeps the blood from pooling into the lower regions of the legs, which can prevent an increase in the swelling.
- Comfortable footwear: One should stick to flat and comfortable footwear with an even elevation as well as foam soles so that the comfort level while walking and standing is optimum. Choose your shoes so that they can accommodate your swelling instead of pinching your feet. Also, you can choose to wear snug socks and stockings, which will form a band around your feet. This will ensure that the swelling does not increase to a painful level. At the same time, you must avoid socks that have bands, which are too tight as this may lead to blood pooling and subsequent swelling in the legs and ankles.
- Water: Drinking plenty of water ensures that there is less fluid retention. This is one of the best ways of fighting edema whether or not you are pregnant.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!