Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poornima.K
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Poornima.KYour feedback matters!
Sugar exists in many forms besides just the white powdered (usually gmo) beet sugar we can pick up at the grocery store. Sugar in all of its forms (including corn syrup, honey, and maple syrup) affects the body in a powerful way and we are consuming more of it now than ever before.
Here are three reasons why you should immediately make plans to cut your sugar intake -
# sugar makes you crave for more sugar and if you restrict yourself it leads to mood swings, behavioral changes and a feeling of 'restriction'. Sugar starts the chain reaction of addiction and more sugar means more calories which in turn mean more weight.
# sugar is the chief cause of 'belly' fat or love handles or cellulite. It ferments in the body making the body acidic and giving rise to bloating and gas. We then tend to perceive these problems as something else and end up doing a whole load of wrong things to beat the bloating and gas. For example, we cut down on beans, because we think that all that bloat and gas formation is because of these extremely healthy and nutritious beans. And, so we eliminate beans from our diet and fail to cut down on the substance that is the real cause, sugar.
# sugar makes the environment in our cells acidic. Almost all diseases breathe in an acidic environment. Enough has been said about that. If you feel you're addicted, get aware of your consumption and slowly start reducing it over time.
Find sweet substitutes, or set small milestones to reach your goal of consuming less sugar.
I am 25 years old. I have skin problem. My skin got damaged. It having small small pimple like rash. I want back my previous skin.
Sir, I am about 17 years old. Every day every week I have too many ulcers in my mouth please tell me a best advise for this I used too many medicines but not useful for me please tell me what I had to do?
My daughter is 13 years of age & her B12 count is 205.4 pg/ml. Her hemoglobin count is 11.1 g/dl. Additionally she suffers from low B. P. 98 on the lower side. Kindly guide.
I have lost 30% of hair at front. how do I get regrowth on that place present my age is 24 please suggest me.
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.