Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 27 years female, got married before 7 months from past 2-3 months I am noticing white fluid discharge from vagina. I am worried bcoz this month I did not got my period. Pls help me.
Is it mandatory to have birth control measures after 3 consecutive scissoral birth? what are the procedures to follow and the risk involved if overlooked?
What is Depression like?
Depression is the state of mind when a person turns hopeless or helpless. Simply put, it is one of those experiences when one may feel sad, lonely, dejected and discouraged. Doubt, anxiety and uncertainty crawl in so much so that they may lead to problems in decision making. A depressed person feels devoid of energy and the motivation to do anything at all seems to have disappeared. And all this may happen for no reason at all. At least not any that can be explained to even the closest of one's family and friends. Surveys have shown that more than 7% of the world's population suffer from some or the other forms of depression.
Depression Helps Creativity: Myth or Fact?
Moving on to the several popular myths associated with depression, one of the most common ones is that 'Depression increases creativity.' The truth is however exactly the opposite. No, depression does not trigger creativity. In fact, creative geniuses like writers, painters, musicians, etc. seem to be more prone to the threats of depression.
Creativity, like everything else, comes with a price to pay: Worth it or Not?
The reason for the cause-effect relationship between creativity and depression is quite simple yet stunning. Creativity requires sensitivity, which makes one emotionally vulnerable. A creative person tends to think a lot about everything and that is what makes him re-visit the past incidents in his thoughts so frequently that he may feel the bruises over and over again. And this is what leads to depression. Thus, creative people tend to be easy victims of depression. They take everything seriously, observe things and incidents closely, think a lot over things and gauge various possibilities related to every event, big or small vividly and this is what makes them both creative and depressed. Yes, they can connect the dots and create but there is a price to pay. As they say, an artist's mind is a terrible place to visit.
Therefore, depression does not increase creativity. Instead, depression is like a necessary evil for nurturing creativity.
I'm 24 years old female. Got married recently. I'm getting water from my breast. May I know what could be the reason. Isn't health problem?
Hi, Meri wife pregnant hai 5 months ho gaye blood ki kami he aur thodi kamjori bhi hai usko kya khilana chahiye? Please advise.
My vagina is very loose, when they penetrate in side they said its loose. My age is 25 and only one year passed for my marriage. Please help me.
Most dieticians are of the opinion that limiting your salt intake is essential, as an increased amount of salt in the system can damage your kidneys, heart and may increase your blood pressure, and chances of stroke. On the other hand, decreasing it beyond a point can prove to be detrimental to your health in various ways as well.
However, when relating to blood pressure, an increased salt intake can prove harmful to you only if you already have high blood pressure. In the case of normal levels of blood pressure, excess salt consumption will not prove to be too dangerous. Here are the ways in which low salt intake can prove to be detrimental for your health:
- Increases chances of heart diseases: Having a lower amount of salt in your diet - i.e. less than 2000 mg per day increases the risk of heart-related disorders, which include, but may not be limited to, strokes or heart attacks, exponentially.
- Decreases the body's level of sodium: Decreased levels of sodium in the body, often a direct byproduct of a reduced salt intake, can lead to a number of complications. Sodium is essential for maintaining electrolyte and mineral balance in the body. A decrease in sodium levels in the system, in extreme cases, can lead to hyponatremia, which can prove detrimental for the kidneys or liver.
Salt, which mainly contains two radicals - sodium and chloride ions, are essential for life. However, they can be obtained only through food as it is not manufactured intrinsically. There are several essential reasons for why salt intake in the optimal amounts is absolutely crucial in maintaining healthy body functioning:
- It is an essential component of blood plasma, as well as several other crucial body fluids such as extracellular fluid, lymphatic fluid, and amniotic fluid.
- It is important for maintenance and regulation of a proper level of blood pressure.
- Sodium, in the context of body physiology, is critical in maintaining a proper acid-base level in your system and in controlling the levels of your body fluid.
- The exchange of sodium and potassium ions, both obtained from salts, is also essential for muscle movement and in sending signals from the brain to the muscles.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet?
Are you struggling with a stubborn midsection? Losing that belly fat is about more than just aesthetics; having excess weight around the midsection can increase your likelihood for a variety of illnesses, including diabetes, stroke, heart disease, and certain cancers. This article will teach you how to lose belly fat and improve your overall health in the long run.
1. Eating Right
Reduce your caloric intake. While it's impossible to lose weight from only one part of the body, people who lose overall body weight tend to lose belly fat first.
• Cut down on sugar and starch. These types of foods tend to be stored as fat if the calories are not burned off immediately, and provide little in the way of nutrition. Instead, eat a diet that is primarily composed of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins like fish, chicken, turkey, and tofu.
• Keep a diet journal to help you keep track of the food you eat. Studies have shown that people who keep diet and exercise journals tend to lose more weight than people who don't.
• Avoid snacking in between meals or late at night. If you are hungry in between meals, munch on healthy things like carrots, celery, nuts, or fruit.
• Reduce your portion sizes. Remember that all foods can be enjoyed in moderation, as long as you don't overdo it.
• Water keeps you full in between meals, and helps avoid mistaking thirst for hunger. You should drink atleast 8 glasses of water everyday.
• Drink one full glass of water before every meal. This will fill up your stomach so that you feel fuller faster.
• Skip the sugary sodas and fruit juices and opt for water instead. This will save you hundreds of unneeded calories.
You should get half and hour of moderate to vigorous aerobic exercise atleast four times a week. Ideal exercises include jogging, walking, and uphill cycling.Whatever exercise you chose be sure you are getting your heart rate up.
• Choose an exercise that you genuinely enjoy. If you are having fun, you will be more likely to stick with it.
• If you don’t have time to go to the gym or get formal exercise, then find ways to incorporate more physical activity into your daily life. Do chores around the house, walk to your destination rather than driving, or go out dancing with friends. Remember, that exercise doesn’t always have to feel like work.
Get Enough Sleep:
People who are sleep deprived tend to feel sluggish, causing them to overeat to compensate for the lack of energy. Getting atleast 6-7 hours of sleep a night is crucial to maintaining your overall health, and can help you manage your weight in the long run.
While a certain amount of stress is unavoidable, too much stress can increase the level of cortisol in the body, which is responsible for excess fat storage.
• Regular exercise can manage stress. If you suffer from chronic stress, consider taking up yoga,meditation, or any other mind-body activities that focus on breathing, good posture and relaxation.
• Eliminate stress inducing people and/or things from your life, if possible. If your job is the cause of your chronic stress, consider changing careers or cutting down on your hours.
• Manage your time. Constantly running late and feeling pressed for time can be a major cause of stress. Better manage your time by making a list of things you need to accomplish in a given day, and check each one off as you go. Use a daily planner to to help organize your schedule and keep track of obligations.
Don’t try to spot reduce;
Crunches and other ab-busting work outs are great if you are trying to build muscle, but if you have excess belly fat, these type of exercises will build muscle underneath the fat without without targeting the fat itself. Instead of trying up your stomach only, focus on total body toning exercises that build overall muscle mass. The more you have, the more calories you will burn even when you are resting
• Stay focused and think about the clothes that you want to be able to wear.
• Track your progress by taking measurements, taking "before and after" pictures, and weighing yourself at least once a week.
• Time how long you run/ do exercise daily.
• Find an exercise or diet buddy to help keep you motivated.
• Cook meals at home when possible, and use olive oil or cooking spray rather than butter. When eating out, opt for protein-rich foods over starchy foods like pasta. Ask for dressings and sauces on the side to cut down on extra calories.
• Consider hiring a nutritionist or personal trainer to help point you in the right direction and keep you motivated.
Set yourself a goal and when you reach it, award yourself.
Dr Vivek Moitra,
Instant Healing Physiotherapy Clinic,
Near Sambhram Engineering College,
Vidyaranyapura, Bengaluru- 560097
Contact: 9886555614/ 9945352211
I am not getting my periods on time and I am becoming fat also I dnt have thyroid problem my ovaries are little bit bigger in size so plzz tell me some medicine and some home remedies and guide me what diet should I eat.
Hi I am 28 year old female married since 2 yrs. Actually my period was irregular since 6 months. My last period was 29 apr 16. So I went to local gynaecologist and for her prescribed I did prolactin test and the result was high abt 48 and having pcos by usg test. And then she suggested me to go for ct scan and I did that also but report was normal. But yesterday I came to know that I am I am 5 weeks pregnant. I am very much afraid whether to continue with pregnancy or go for abortion. I am afraid of that ct scan will affect my baby's growth. And what abt pcos. Please help me out. If I go for abortion will it affect to next baby or is there any chances of infertility in future? Please guide me. Thank you.
Diet for PCOD and Scope of Homoeopathy
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
Feel free to drop a personal message for any query.
Pregnancy is a welcome change in a woman's life. She is full of hope and happiness while awaiting the birth of her bundle of joy. However, it is almost inevitable to bring up the topic of conception and leave out a host of bodily alterations or disadvantages it entails. You might eagerly wait for months in a row to conceive and once you do the signs of health issues show. Most noticeable of all other problems are the ones affecting your skin. Skin problems can be immensely predominant and widespread in a pregnant mother; so much so that her psychological disposition might vary considerably.
Commonly observed symptoms of the skin that may affect you during pregnancy:
- Your eyes may look puffy and withdrawn: While the news of a baby lighting up your life in a few months' time makes you very happy, it also subjects your body to exhaustion. It is natural for expecting mothers to feel tired and wasted. Acute iron deficiency and poor blood circulation could result in fatigue that further surfaces as dark circles and puffy bags under your eyes.
- Your face could develop acne suddenly: Acne is caused mainly because of excess sebum secretions from the oil glands present in your body. Excess oil tends to choke the open pores of your skin preventing it from breathing. Increased levels of progesterone are maintained by the human body for a strong uterine lining that is again required for the healthy development of a child; progesterone kicks off oil secretions.
- Spider like marks could spot your skin: Hormonal imbalances, sudden increase in weight, and heightened pressure in the veins may cause the blood vessels in your face to redden and grow big; the veins then look like the web of a spider. This condition is often referred to as Spider Angiomas.
- Big dark patches can also be seen: During pregnancy, your body has an excess of both oestrogen and progesterone. These hormones incite the impact of melanocytes, thus resulting in big dark patches on your skin. The condition is more prevalently known as Melasma.
Benefits of lemon peels
Lemon has multiple health benefits. It is used for hair, skin, and inner wellness. It helps us lose weight and builds the immunity of the body. But are you aware that lemon peels are equally beneficial? not only do they contain calcium, potassium and vitamins c, but they can also be made use of in numerous ways. Here are few:
1. For tan removal: this point is pretty widely known. Lemon peel is an excellent tan removal. It also brightens and smoothens our skin.
2. As vitamin c supplement: small pieces of lemon peel and can dried in the sun and then ground to make powder. This can be added in smoothies, etc and be a good source of your requirement of vitamin c. Being rich in vitamin c and citric acid, lemon peels help in gum problems like scurvy and bleeding gums.
3. For strong bones: lemon peel is known to maintain bone strength. It helps fight cancer and also helps with tumours and cysts.
4. To lower cholesterol: lemon peel has polyphenol flavonoids which helps lower cholesterol levels.
5. To feel good: it acts as strong anti-depressant.
6. To fight cancer: lemon peel has nutrients like limonene and salvestrol q40 which are both known to fight cancerous cells.
7. For bp control: the cholesterol level of a body can be decreased by consuming lemon peel. The potassium present in it also helps maintain the level of blood pressure.
8. Cure for flu: eating lemon peels helps in curing sore throat, flu, cold, etc. This is because it contains vitamin c in ample quantities.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
I am a 21 year old female. My periods are late but I haven't got involved in sex last month. But was just playing around with my boy friend. We are planning to make out. Should I wait for my periods or is it fine to make out? I want to know the days where to get pregnant chances are maximum.
My last LMP is 17 December 2015 so according to this date at present which month is going so am I 8 months pregnant or 9 months pregnant please clear I am totally confused and according to sonography reports my EDD IS 6th September and 10th September. According to you which month is correct.
Coconut oil is popularly used as cooking oil and also as a hair care and body oil. It is generally viewed as a substance in which nutritious food is cooked in. But the fact is that, coconut oil itself is a superfood that has tremendous health benefits. The oil itself is a source of nutrition to our body! it can be consumed as cooking oil or can also be directly applied onto the various parts of the body.
1. Rich source of vitamin e - coconut oil is rich in vitamin e which is ideal for both skin and hair. It can be used for repairing damaged hair and skin by direct application as well.
2. Slows ageing - this oil slows down the ageing process by defending various good body fats and several tissues from damage.
3. Aids weight loss - it promotes weight loss and is considered as ideal cooking oil to be used in food while reducing weight.
4. Protects your body - it also is a great moisturizer of the skin and helps in battling oxidants inside the body.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.