Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PoornimaYour feedback matters!
In genetic testing for pregnancy is it possible to identify for mental illness specially schizophrenia. Me and my wife are healthy couple but my mother-in-law is having schizophrenia. So what medicine or testing is available to reduce the risk for same in pregnancy to the kid.
Maine march mai bf ke sath unprotected sex kiya but andar ejaculate nahi huva par ab 2 moths hone vale hai muje abtak periods nahi aaye hai mai ne 2 time pregnancy check kiya muje periods kyu nahi aa rahi hai pehel mere sath aai sa kabhi nahi huva plzz suggest me give me solution for get regular periods.
My period day 2nd estroidal is 47pg/ml can anyone advise me wat is the normal range for this doctor suggested me descon packet for month. But m worrying whether it is high for me and pblm for pregnancy.
I had sex with my boyfriend n now i'll get married. Is there any test to check virginity. And is there any complications.
I have some issues of which I am very much concerned about. Me and my fiancee made love with each other two months back on 17 feb and I have got my period on 19 feb and the next period occurred on 18 march and 15th on this month. My period usually last for 4-5 days. But since last 2 month it only lasted for 3 days that too the third day was light. I even tested last month. It was negative. It will be kind enough if you could help me. Is it normal to have a period of 3 days or is there anything serious? I even heard about implantation bleeding. Is it so in my case?
I am having pcod I can't get my periods I will get period only if I take a medicine KRIMSON. Please suggest me something ?
My last period cycle was on 5th January 2017. I was having PCOD Issue and my husband has a low sperm count as we are planning for baby from last 3 years. Till day before yesterday there is period not happened. Yesterday we had a kit test which showed positive then we did HCG, BETA, TOTAL, PREGNANCY test which even shows positive result. Where as when today morning we did the ultrasound our doctor said there is nothing identified in scanning. So my doctor asked to take Complete bed rest and prescribed MCBM 69 and Dubagest sr. And asked us to do the rescan after 2 weeks. I am a bit worried now. Can any one suggest what should I do. Do I need to consult another doc or should I wait?
I played with my girlfriend but we didn't have sexual intercourse, she is 24 years old, she is virgin, her periods was regular but on this time it is delayed by 6 days, on 5th and 6th day there is brown discharge in little, why her periods got late? Why that brown discharge came?
Can I have any tests done to determine how many years from now I can wait safely before planning for kids.
Respected doctor, I am 22 years old girl. I am obese, I had my cycles normally, my LMP was 11 march- 15 march, I didn't get my cycles after this. On the 19 th day that is 29 Apr, I visit to gynae, she conducted some physical exam for pelvic region and breast region, and upt which was negative. They also suggested for blood test and ultrasound, they prescribed me medroxyprogesterone acetate for five days (10 pills, one in morning and one in night after meals). I had those medicines- from 29 april-3 may. On first two day I seen some spotting. Now I noticed some facial hair too. I am very much concerned. I have exams too. Please provide the pros and cons of blood test.
But am not married and am not pregnant so I just wanted to know why they have written about pregnancy normal range in my report.
We have married 2.5 years ago. Trying for a baby. Can you please tell me the foods to be taken and foods to be avoided strictly.
My age is 19 years female and 62 kg with 5 foot 2 inch height. I have dark circles and feel sunken my eyes sometimes. I feel tired if I work a little bit more aur be sitted for long hours and have back ache due to this. I sleep more than 9 hrs sometimes like 2 days in week for 12 hrs. I also feel anxiety and sadness sometimes without reason. I want to know that extra sleeping is due to obesity or anaemia or depression?
Doctor, During my Girlfriend menstruation red blood should goes out but the blood is black color and so less amount of blood also going ,so is there any problem and any suggestions.
The usage of “9 months” with pregnancy is almost universal. However, it is not always that all women go through the entire 9 months with the baby. Most often, delivery happens during the 37th to 40th weeks. This allows for the complete growth of the baby within the mother’s womb. When delivery happens before the 37th week, it is known as preterm delivery or premature labour. These babies may not be completely formed and may have temporary or long-term difficulties after birth.
There are many reasons which can induce premature labour, and while some are preventable, some may be inevitable.
- Smoking: One of the first things to do when planning a pregnancy or as soon as you realise you are pregnant is to quit smoking. It is way too damaging for the mother and the baby within.
- Alcohol consumption or street drug usage: These again can cause not just premature labour but also developmental abnormalities.
- Multiple pregnancy: Women pregnant with twins or multiples often have premature labour.
- Health problems: Medical conditions like hypertension, diabetes, infections, etc.
- Abnormalities: Developmental abnormalities in the newborn like Down’s syndrome, chromosomal abnormalities, etc.
- Weight: Being either obese or underweight can cause premature labour.
- Prenatal care: While preparing for pregnancy or as soon as you confirm it, ensure you put yourself in the hands of a good gynaecologist. This will ensure you (and your baby) get the required care.
- Less gap: Reduced gap between subsequent pregnancies can also induce premature labour.
Warning signs of premature labour
In some women, the doctor might be able to predict the chances of a premature labour and give enough suggestions to look out for warning signs. This will help the woman to be mentally prepared when it is time.
A low backache, which is constant and does not go with usual relief measures.
- Frequent pelvic contractions (about every 10 minutes)
- Vaginal leaking (fluid or bleeding)
- General ill-feeling with symptoms of nausea, cramps, and vomiting/diarrhoea.
- Inability to hold down fluids for a full day
- Abdominal cramps, similar to a period
- Pelvic pressure, a feeling of the baby descending down
What to do?
As mentioned earlier, if your doctor had warned you of the chances of a preterm labour, watch out for them after 35 weeks.
- With any of the above symptom, do not indulge in any activity and rest on the left side for a while.
- Drink about 2 to 3 glasses of juice or plain water.
- If the symptoms get better, continue to rest for the day.
- If they do not, call the doctor. Usually, the doctor will ask you to come to the clinic.
- In some cases, the baby might be delivered and require neonatal care for some days (to weeks) depending on development and symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.