Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Poornima
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PoornimaYour feedback matters!
Having heard about getting any sort of pulmonary disease might give you a nightmare. Well, yes there are pulmonary problems, which are dangerous and become life threatening. Pulmonary hypertension is one such rare disease. It is a type of high blood pressure, which usually occurs in the pulmonary arteries that stream from human heart through lungs. The arteries become narrowed, constricted, which makes the flow of blood difficult through the vessels. As the situation occurs, the heart will have to work more to fix the situation. This causes high blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries. If the condition deteriorates the pressure increases along with risk factors.
Symptoms of pulmonary hypertension:
There are certain symptoms, which people experience under the pulmonary hypertension disease. The symptoms might get unnoticed for years and you might get delayed in treating such problems. This article can help you know about the disease, symptoms and its treatment.
There is a list of symptoms, which can help you understand if you have pulmonary hypertension:
- One of the major symptoms that you may notice is shortness of breath. The arteries and blood vessels which help in flowing blood through lungs help in breathing too. So a narrowed and constricted artery makes the inhalation and exhalation procedure laborious.
- The next symptom that you might notice is fatigue and dizziness. If your lungs are not getting enough blood that means your brain and body are not getting enough oxygen to work. This hinders your body to perform any kind of activities smoothly. This can make you gain weight and increase several risk factors.
- Next, you might feel irregular heartbeat and chest pain. Increased pressure makes the heart work faster than its normal rate. This further makes the heart muscles weaker, and it is not able to control the heartbeat as it used to.
Treatment of pulmonary hypertension:
- Pulmonary hypertension is generally treated with medication and surgery. Depending on its severity, your doctor will prescribe the medicines. Generally, doctors prescribe such medicines, which help in relaxing the blood vessels. The relaxed blood vessels can regulate blood flow easily. All the medicines are generally taken orally or injected or inhaled.
- If you adopt a severe case of pulmonary hypertension, then your doctor might suggest you a lung transplant or a heart-lung transplant.
- Depending upon the type of pulmonary hypertension, your doctor may prescribe you blood-thinning medicines also, if you have blood clots in your arteries.
- In a certain cases, doctors prescribe oxygen therapy, which helps in increasing the oxygen level in blood.
- With the above mentioned methods, doctors ask for a change in lifestyle, which is important in treating the specific disease. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mother met an accident today. A big steel utensil falls on her foot and made a small cut on nerves of her foot and it started bleeding. She felt unconscious. We cleaned and applied antiseptic on it and covered it with bandage. Bleeding is stop now but that area is swollen and black now and my mother is feeling weak. Also the pain in that area is like pinching. Please advice on this.
Pregnant ke liye koi advice de sakte hai please. Hum regular sex karte hai kya ye galat hai. Aur mujhe period irregular the to uski dawa(medicine) bhi li . Please advice.
The permanency of tattoos or being inked has reduced somewhat after the widespread use of laser tattoo removal. It has become a common trend among people to take off the ink which once was put in to be a permanent part of their existence. Although the success rate of the tattoo removal is quite high, there are certain inherent risks of undergoing a laser tattoo removal procedure.
Let's take a look at some of the risks:
- Risk of infection: The process of tattoo removal may pose a risk of infection like any other procedure performed on the human body. However, infections occur in rare cases and only if proper method is not followed or the patient doesn't adhere to post-procedural prohibitions.
- Chances of a scar: Although the colors within the tattoo may be removed, the outline of the tattoo may stay depending on how deep the punctures on the skin were, where the tattoo was put into place. This may also happen due to the type of paint used as it may also result in a permanent pigment removal in the localized area of the tattoo on the skin.
- Hypopigmentation and Hyperpigmentation: After the removal of the tattoo, the skin and the body may react in a certain manner within certain individuals and thus result in problems with skin pigmentation. In certain cases, the color of the skin in the affected area may become paler than the rest of the surrounding skin which is known as hypopigmentation. In others, it may even become darker which is known as hyperpigmentation.
- Side effects: If the patient already has certain pre-existing conditions then the procedure may have certain side effects. One example of this is a delay in the healing process in case the patient has diabetes.
However, laser tattoo removal has been improving over the past few years as a procedure and has come to a point where it is very safe. What might vary from patient to patient is the effectiveness of the removal of the colors within the tattoo, depending on the types of colors that were used. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hi, I having a pcod disease since 3 year I have 2 child 5 YR but I'm planning for 2nd baby Lmp is 2nd July but in august not coming yet pls suggest me for planning for pregnancy. I'm also loose wait around 76 kg Regards.
If boy ejaculates on girl's breast when the girl was laying, after that girl tool bath with shampoo by sitting and then standing can cause pregnancy? The period was on 16 th may and the action was done on 28 th may, if pregnancy test is required because in june period is late for 3 days and im scared.
I had my first baby on 20th November 2015 now I have missed my period due on 28 Oct 2016 and took a home pregnancy test and it came out positive. Is the time gap between the two pregnancy less than 12 months OK will there be any complications for the baby or me The first pregnancy had some complications in the first trimester with bleeding and cramping and during delivery epidural was used as I was not able to bare the pain and almost went hyper The baby was pulled with vacuum. Please advise.
She had sex 6 days back on the same day of her periods she thinking tat she could be pregnant she was unmarried at present she does not want to be pregnant she was studying she just wants to continue her education she want to take medical abortion.
If you are suffering from nervous diseases, you can choose the Dashamoola Ksheera Dhara therapy as an ideal treatment method. Ksheera Dhara treatment involves the flow of herbal milk in place of oil over your head and body. It is similar to Shirodhara in some ways, but is different as Ksheera Dhara has cooling effects on the body. This therapy is most suitable to be undertaken during the summer and when the weather conditions demand a cooling, relaxing effect on the body. This therapy is indicated when you are suffering from health conditions such as intense stress, and hair and skin problems.
In this process, milk is poured continuously on the forehead and on the body, which cools down the entire system from inside. Ksheera Dhara treatment is very effective in the treatment of headaches, mental irritability and insomnia. The pouring of medicated milk on your body leads to the stimulation of the hypothalamus. It also gets soothed and hence, the functions of the pituitary gland are regulated along with induced sleep. The milk is made to flow at a slow rate over the forehead for a certain duration, specially over the glabellar region along with a mild, stimulating massage. A small cloth is usually tied around your head, above the eyebrows. For the Ksheera Dhara treatment, a traditional bronze vessel known as the “kindi” is used. As the treatment is based on milk, it is referred to as milk treatment.
The Ksheera Dhara therapy relaxes the entire nervous system. This leads to mental calmness and reduction of stress to a great extent. The milk acts as a moisturizing agent and makes your skin healthy and glowing. It is also beneficial for eliminating fatigue, restoring vitality, improving your memory and for establishing dosha equilibrium.
In addition to all these, this therapy also helps in lubrication of the joints, relieving pain, stiffness of muscles and joints, and easing of spasms. It is proven to have benefits in the treatment of several cases of arthritis. Ksheera Dhara is also beneficial in several neurological conditions, in which a burning sensation and numbness are experienced. The entire body gets nourished and rejuvenated as a result of this Ayurvedic therapy.
If you are a healthy person, you can still undertake Ksheera Dhara therapy. Usually the treatment takes about 30 to 45 minutes per session. It is carried out in a course such as 7 days, 14 days or according to the instructions of your Ayurvedic physician.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!