Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PoornimaYour feedback matters!
I want to have unprotected sex with a stranger she is working in Dubai Hospital, she is 26 years old from Philippines. She wants to become a single mother for that she wants me to help her. But I am afraid of having unprotected sex with stranger. Want to know how to confirm through blood test that she is not having any transmitted disease and safe to have sex. Also wants to know in future if I got married, will safe to have sex with my wife. Thank you.
I'm 19 and I'm pregnant it's 5 weeks and 3 days I want to know is it safe to have baby at this age what precaution and diet to take and special care for both.
Hi, After marriage for few years me and my partner are not in a want of child. So which are the safety measures that we should take while being intimate.
Dementia cannot be singularly regarded as a specific disease, but rather indicates a group of symptoms associated with your memory, cognitive thinking, and social abilities, up to the point where daily functioning gets affected. In most cases, dementia steadily worsens over time (progressive dementias). Dementia is not to be confused with memory loss alone; because it is natural with old people to experience memory loss, but that does not necessarily mean they have dementia. If the reason is dementia, then you may require medical treatment.
Dementias are generally caused either by damage to or changes in the nerve cells operating in the brain. The causes can be grouped differently based on the type of dementia experienced and the part of the brain affected. While some causes can be reversed with effective treatment, others, unfortunately, cannot.
The most common causes of dementia which cannot be reversed include:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Vascular dementia
- Parkinson's disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Dementia with Lewy (dementia which is neurodegenerative and progressive in nature) bodies
- Severe head injuries
Other irreversible causes which are relatively rarer than usual include:
- Huntington's disease (breakage of the brain's nerve cells)
- Creutzfeldt-jakob disease (irreversible and fatal brain disease)
- Multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Infections like syphilis
- Leukoencephalopathies (diseases affecting the brain's'white' areas)
- Brain injuries
- Multiple system atrophy
Causes of dementia which can be treated include:
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Certain brain tumors
- Chronic alcoholism
- Vitamin b12 deficiency
- Medicinal side effects or abnormal drug reactions
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Certain cases of encephalitis
Symptoms of dementia include:
- Memory loss
- Difficulty finding the right words
- Difficulty exercising judgments, especially during emergencies
- Inability to recall particular events or to recognize people and places
- Depression or other mood disorders, in addition to symptoms like uncontrolled aggression or constant agitation.
Sexual Dysfunction in Men and Women -
Sexual Dysfunction is difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity, including physical pleasure, desire, preference, arousal or orgasm.
Sunlight is an effective way to Improve your Sex Life - Sunlight plays a significant role in enhancing the sex hormones in the human blood. Sunlight promotes sexual activity in both men and women. It aids sexual development, improved fertility, increased arousal, heightened libido, enhanced sensations.
I am pcod patient after my treatment. On the month of January I had sex and take unwanted 72 after taking this is had 3 days bleeding from. Then on 28th February I again had bleeding that's was my periods. Then I was waiting for the month of March but this month my periods didn't come instead of March my periods come on the month of April at 15th April. I do my hormonal profile tests on the 3rd day of periods. The result of tests is below: 1, fsh: 6.65mlU/ml 2, LH:9.85mlU/ml 3, prolactin:6.58 ng/ml 4, Testosterone:64. 43 ng/dl and normal range is between 14. 00_76.00 Please tell me my hormonal profile is fine and if it is fine what happen to me. I have hair fall And few acne on chin Portion. If this happen because of hormonal imbalance but I think my hormonal profile Is fine then what happens to me.
If someone got pregnant and she don't want it and she took medicine to abort so is medicine will work for it or she wants other checkups and one time for medicine ne will clear all that?
My age is 19 and amI facing problem in getting regular period cycle from age of 16 it always happens this way like once after 2 -3 months. I have the issue of pimples all around my face and a fat body too, I feel week too when period starts. Hairball is a major issue now for me along with facial and body hairs. Could You please help me cuz I'm badly in need of some treatment now I feel.
I didn't got my periods till now and it was last came by September 10th I did a pregnancy test at home bt it's showing negative what does this mean?
Sir/ma'am please help. My girlfriends period started from 10aug an ended on 15th aug. We had you protected sex on 27th of aug. I believe I did not cum Inside her but since she was not sure so she took ipill (ecp) after 6 hours of intercourse. After four days i.e. On 1st aug at 1: 30 am, she started bleeding and she said that the pain and blood was just like her periods. We both are very tensed as we don't want any pregnancy. please help. We will be grateful to you.
After 2 month of delivery if we will be do a sex without any precaution .so it will be a chance of again pregnancy.
I am 28 year old. I am suffering with weight gain and full body unwanted hair problem. I am taking thyroid medicine from last 5 years. And 2 years ago I also take pcod medicine for 1 and half year butwhen I leave medicine I also suffer with same problems.
Hi. I am 23 years old. I look very lean. And flat chest. I am getting married soon but I don't have that personality to carry sarees and bridal elegance. I think it might be problematic with my husband's satisfaction level too. And I have been recently affected by urine infection I.e ecoli bacteria. Took antibiotics and consulted doctor and again m feeling burning sensation now. Could you please help me with nutrition I should take to grow fat and breast size improvement or are their any surgeries I can cope up with? Also help me with this ecoli infection. I almost took 10 antibiotic injections into nerves few months back now again it came. I drink lots of water.
Hi I'm 27 weeks pregnant. Bt my usg shows 25 weeks. And my baby weight is 864 gms. Is it ok. Or less.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
Related Tip: Why is breastfeeding so good for your baby and you?
I am 24yr old female. I have completed 5th month pregnacy. I want to ask that can I eat dry fruits during pregnancy. Please tell is it safe to it or not? and how much countity. And it is safe to eat kaju and pista?
How much salt do we much need - recommended daily salt intake #worldsaltawarenessweek
Our bodies need salt to survive. Sodium, a major component of salt, can raise blood pressure by causing the body to retain fluid, which leads to a greater burden on the heart.
Recommendation for sodium intake is less than 2, 300 mg/day for adults. This equals about one teaspoon of table salt. The american heart association recommends eating less than 1, 500 milligrams of sodium per day.
The average healthy person needs only about 1, 200 – 1, 500 milligrams (mg) of sodium per day. Those diagnosed with high blood pressure or at risk for high blood pressure should limit sodium consumption to 1, 500 mg/day.
Almost 80% of the sodium we eat comes from processed, packaged and restaurant foods. Consider that almost anything you buy at the supermarket that comes in a bag, a can, a box, a bottle, etc. Mostly likely has salt in it. These items all add up.
We know that eating less salt can help to reduce high blood pressure or hypertension which is a risk factor for heart disease and stroke.
Even though we seem to like the taste of salt in our foods, the good news is that we can get used to the taste of less salt and may not even notice if we try and make small, gradual changes.
So please restrict your use of salt to not more then a tsp a day, also check food labels and menus carefully.