Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PoornimaYour feedback matters!
I AM 62 YRS MALE. MY TWO ADJACENT TEETH RIGHT SIDE NEXT TO MOLAR TOOTH HAVE BROKEN AND ROOTS ARE INSIDE THE JAW. IS IT NECESSARY TO EXTRICATE THE BROKEN PORTION OF TEETH? CAN WE IMPLANT TEETH MAKING USE OF THE PORTION OF TOOTH IN THE JAW?
I am a 35 year old male. I am suffering from brauxism for the last 3 years. Have used mouth gaurds and meds as suggested by my dentist. But there seems to be no improvement. Fed up of using the mouth guards. Can you please suggest dos and don'ts to improve upon my condition. Looking forward to an earnest response.
Hi, Dr. Sir, My age is 49 year , From 3days I am feeling pain backech from lower spinal joint. I can not stand properly. It will take 5 minutes time to stand properly and walk. from 15 days back I was suffering pain of premolar teeth and taken many antibiotics and pain killer finally teeth was removed. Is it side effect of those medition because I have not feel any problem in life. THANKS
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.