Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PoornimaYour feedback matters!
My wisdom teeth had pierced and entered in gums causing PUS and pain every now and then. Since ystrdy pain has again strtd and I press my gums slowly to bring out the PUS frm it and then spit it to keep it clean and PUS free and took 2 of 4 medicines (for bacterial infection) mentioned below. However from today the area is bleeding. Though pain is considerably bearable should I take the same medicines suggested by my doctor last time (however lke today thr ws no bleeding last time) or visit the doctor again. The medicines suggested by doctor last time was a pain killer Enzoflam (twice), Pan D (before breaks), Moxikind and another medicine (i forgot the name but was starting frm M letter could be Meropyl or likewise) for bacterial infection lke Moxikind. Also pls suggest any home remedies too as I seriously want to avoid taken medicines. Thnx in advance.
How to control saliva formation in empty mouth during singing? It disturbs me during singing as I have to stop in the middle to clear my throat.
When I move my jaws I am getting a sound like tuk from the lower end of my jaws. I have been getting it recently. There is no pain in it but the sound is troubling. When ever there is a break fr an hour and when I move my jaws for eatimg or drinking I am facing it.
My tooth are getting blackened. I brush properly. I also had cleaned a while ago. Still again getting blackened. Help me to maintain white teeth.
Hi Sir, I am 29 years old sir my question is I drink cool water and drink some time beers 2 days onwards my neck and mouth always dry sir please tell me any solution.
Excessive intake of starch and sugar oriented foods lead to tooth decay and this dental condition is often associated with other serious symptoms like dental pain, gum swelling and others. Deficiency of a few minerals, especially magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and vitamin-D also causes this kind of dental condition.
If you want to get instant relief from unwanted symptoms, then you should rely on medicines, but normal medicines will not do any good; rather you should take only homeopathic medicines. Innumerable homeopathic medicines have been currently invented by the experienced researchers that can efficiently deal with all kinds of dental troubles or issues.
Main homeopathic medicines used for treating tooth decay: Your smile can be now well preserved and protected in the long run by using different kinds of useful homeopathic medicines. You should use these medicines only after they have been prescribed by the homeopathic practitioner. Some of the most prominent options in this regard are as follows:
- Belladonna: If you are having a severe toothache due to tooth decay and are looking for an instant solution, then nothing can be a better option than this medicine. Apart from removing the dental inflammation, it is also very much helpful in maintaining dental pulp condition. On the other hand, nervous excitability can also be efficiently controlled by taking Belladonna.
- Chamomilla: This is also quite a popular homeopathic medicine, which is prescribed by maximum homeopathic experts for dealing with different kinds of acute dental conditions. Dental sensitiveness can be completely reduced, and necessary warmth can be catered by this medicine so that your ears do not get hurt due to dental pain. This is very much effective, especially during emergency dental conditions when the pains are simply getting unbearable.
- Mercurius: Pulsating toothaches due to broken or decayed tooth can be now controlled only by this medicine. Sometimes, doctors prescribe many other medicines along with this drug in order to handle the dental troubles in a proper manner. Sometimes, painful ulcerations can also be prevented by using the concerned medicine. Now, night-time dental emergencies can be well-treated with this remedy.
- Arnica: This is one of the commonest recedes and this homeopathic medicine is now available in almost every house so that any kind of dental troubles, especially severe pains due to tooth decay can be prevented. In fact, this is the safest option of all.
Overall, one can say that homeopathy provides the best remedy to toothaches that too without any side effects.
Hello, I have been suffering with bad breath since 8 years. I realized that the smell is coming from the throat. I get too much phlegm which stinks. I brush my teeth few times a day and I can still feel that the smell coming from the throat. If I clear my throat by gargling salt water, I feel little bit fresh but the problem comes back. Is there any permanent remedy? Please help. Thanks.
I have heard that cleaning of teeth makes the teeth weak or looser. My one tooth is just removed 2 weeks before. Can I go for cleaning ?
More than often, parents have to deal with children coming home with a broken front tooth / teeth. Dental problems (learn more to maintain dental health), injuries sustained during physical activities and games, munching on certain foodstuffs (nuts, certain candies) contribute in a big way to chipped front tooth. It is advisable for parents to consult a dentist at the earliest. Left unattended, the situation might result in infections or other dental complications (know more to maintain healthy teeth).
A broken front tooth is often the hardest to fix. The effectiveness of the treatment is largely governed by the nature and severity of the damage.
1. In case of a really small crack or a break, the problem can be fixed by simply filing the broken surface to smoothen it.
2. Dental bonding comes as a huge relief in situations where a small portion or corner of the front tooth chips off. The procedure is simple and hassle free. The surface of the broken tooth is fixed or bonded with a bonding material. The material is shaped well to give it a more natural appearance. The bonding material is finally hardened using UV light.
3. Dental crowning comes in handy when a large chunk of the front tooth cracks or breaks off. To understand the condition better, an X-ray of the affected tooth is carried out. If everything goes fine, the dentist proceeds to the next step. The tooth to be crowned is then filed down to ensure sufficient space to fit in the crown.
In some cases, the break results in enormous loss of the tooth. Under such circumstances, a filling material is used to assist the tooth in holding the crown. Next, an impression of the tooth (receiving the crown) as well as the opposing tooth is made using putty. Till the new crown is being manufactured, the dentist may fix a temporary crown (generally made of acrylic) to protect the tooth. In the next sitting, the dentist replaces the temporary crown with a permanent one. The crown used may be of stainless steel, all porcelain, all ceramic, metal, porcelain fused to metal or all resin.
In case of an extensive damage, Root canal is performed prior to the dental crowning. This goes a long way to ward off any possible dental infection or injury.
Hi This is nagesh, my problem is I don't have good smile and my age is 23 I want to correct my teeth with braces with invisible braces because I'm doing job I don't want to put metal braces So please help me with that problem 1.which type of invisible braces suites to me 2.cost 3.duration 4. Any shape out after correction 5.Any pain during treatment.
1. Brush your teeth twice daily.
2. Floss your teeth if you feel food is stuck in between your teeth.
3. Visit your dentist at least once in 6 months and get all your small decays of teeth filled and your mouth cleaned.
Cleaning your teeth doesn't loosen your teeth or affect your gums. This is a common misconception people have. In fact cleaning removes all the tartar accumulated over your teeth which has caused bone loss around your teeth so you feel teeth are loose. But in fact teeth will become stronger if you get that tartar out as the bone will heal and give better support to your teeth.
4. Avoid eating sticky sweet food at night. This will encourage more decaying of teeth.
5. Rinse your mourn daily with a mouth wash prescribed by your dentist.