Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PoornimaYour feedback matters!
My kid is 8 months old, he got mouth ulcer past 3 days. His tongue turned white colour and not able to suck milk also from feeding bottle. Please suggest medicines for it and dosage to use.
I am getting bad smell through my mouth while speaking kindly suggest suitable medicine to avoid smells.
Hi I am himanshu sharma age 22 I am having problem related to teeth. What is the simplest way to whiten our teeth?
I have a problem related to teeth, I brush once a day but there is a dirt between teeth and gems. When I try to brush two times a day my gems have a blood. Presently no pain is there but it may cause problem in future, please suggest me to clean my teeth and make gems strong Thank you.
Doctor I have some communication problem due to uncontrollable saliva generated in my mouth. So others can't hear my words clearly. And I can't speak some words also. How can control saliva?
I am 22 years old male and I'm having dental problem. One of my wisdom tooth has got stuck inside my jaw bone. What should I do now?
Hi sir I consult a doctor today he told that symptoms of ulcer so please tell what type of foods want to have?
I am 32 years old man. Lately my job profile pushed me to grow a habit of skipping or untimely lunch due to excess work pressure. This habit led to generation of bad breath, generating from stomach. Now even though I had tried homeopathy medicine but not getting cure and causing real problem for me I feel like bad breath coming from inside as the breath is heavy. The homeopath medicines provided a very short time benefit but again the problem resurfaced. I have a weak digestion problem too.
I got teeth sensitivity during the drinking the water around 2 months. I have already use sensodyne tooth pase, Surya dant manjan etc. but not get any relief so kindly provide suggestion.
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.
How can I whiten my teeth at home? It looks yellow and I'm not comfortable with my smile. What can I do?
Do not use your teeth for doing something other than chewing food. Using them for the follwoing can result in chipped or broken teeth:
- Cracking nuts
- Removing bottle tops
- Ripping open packaging .