Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. PoornimaYour feedback matters!
I want to grow my hair length faster and hairline can any doctor can help me with supplements it will surely help me. I am applying natural remedies and having lots of protein diet but not helping so much?
Long time like 6month nose bleed what the reasons can you explain sir please I also consult with doctors but they take simply. Blood test also done threetime there was no any type serious condition but till now nose bleed is not stopped.
I want to know if all painkillers are good for health or no? How to know if we are in depression? And what is the fastest way to reduce tummy fat.
With the modernization of all economies around the world, one health hazard that has become one of the largest perils within both developed and developing nations is the incidence of cancers of the female reproductive system, especially cervical and breast cancer.
Cervical cancer ( Carcinoma Cervix)
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus and connects the uterus to the vagina. Indian women in particular are susceptible to cervical cancer as more than 1/3rd of the cervical cancer related deaths in the entire world happens here in India, which is about 74000 deaths annually. The leading cause for cervical cancer is HPV or Human Papillomavirus infection, which if left untreated and unchecked will result in cancer.
Alarming Signs of Cervical Carcinoma:
- Early lesions and precancerous lesions have no symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding such as bleeding after vaginal intercourse, bleeding after menopause, bleeding and spotting between periods or longer/heavier periods
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Pelvic pain
- Late stage disease may cause lower extremity swelling, problem with urine and/or stool passage
- Cervical cancer screening is most effective screening programme of any cancer disease resulting in significant decrease in mortality from carcinoma cervix
- United state preventive services task force (USPSTF) recommend cervical cancer screening starting at age 21 yrs.
- Between age 21-30 years cytology recommended at 3 year interval and HPV testing is not recommended.
- Between 30-65 years cytology every 3 year or cytology +HPV testing every 5 year.
- If previously adequately screened screening can be discontinued after 65 years.
- Women with prior total hysterectomy and no CIN can discontinue screening.
Risk Factors for Cervical Cancer-
The number one predisposing factor for cervical cancer is infection with the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). Any factor which increases a woman’s risk of contracting Human Papilloma Virus will increase the risk of cervical cancer. These following factors increase a womans risk of getting Human Papilloma Virus (HPV):
- Intercourse without barrier contraceptives.
- Multiple sexual partners.
- Sex with a partner that has penile warts.
- Cigarette smoking doubles a womans risk of getting cervical cancer.
Treatment options depend on the following:
- The stage of the cancer.
- The type of cervical cancer.
- The patient's desire to have children.
- The patient’s age.
For cervical cancer found early or for cancer found during the last trimester of pregnancy, treatment may be delayed until after the baby is born. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
How much sleep is necessary for me? I am a housewife and my age is 27. And also I am going to plan to have a pregnancy in after 6 month. Please guide.
The sudden change in the looks, color or texture of the skin indicates the skin diseases. This can result in swelling, chapping, itching, blistering etc. that can or can’t accompany with pain. The skin disorder may be localized on the specific part or may spread to the whole body; this disease is known as Atopic Dermatitis. The discomfort or pain of this disease also creates an awkward condition with looks. Many skin diseases like pimples, eczema problem, rashes, and fungal infections along with Atopic Dermatitis much more are commonly found in the people. Measles, rubella, roseola, chicken pox these are common skin diseases found in children. In some conditions, the blistered and inflamed skin can be very painful and the virus infection can continue to chickenpox.
The factors causing Atopic Dermatitis are as wide ranging as the kinds of diseases it. The Atopic Dermatitis can be caused due to heat, immune system weakness, infections, medications, and allergy with chemicals like rubber, cosmetics, detergents, soaps, dyes, etc.
Even the skin type and the various alcohols based or infrequent shampooing is also responsible for the skin problems. Some uncontrolled factors like aging, fatigue, weather and fatigue can often develop skin diseases gradually.
Atopic Dermatitis is very efficiently treated with natural Homeopathic medicines. The medicines firstly help in decreasing the severity of disease, itching and the frequency of relapses. And with the constitutional natural Homeopathic remedies selected solely on the basis of individual symptoms, there is a promise of eradicating the disease from its root. The Homeopathic medicine selection is based upon the totality of symptoms. The totality includes the site of eruption, the type of eruption, the worsening and relieving factors, time of itching, desires and aversions regarding food, sensitivity towards heat and cold, and the peculiar mental symptoms if present in a high degree. Homeopathic remedies help in eradicating Dermatitis from the root by increasing the patient’s immunity to the optimal level so that there won’t be any hypertensive flare-ups. The Homeopathic treatment for Atopic Dermatitis is not instant and does take time though, varying from months to a year depending upon the severity, duration of Dermatitis, plus the individual response to the remedy taken.
Top Homeopathic Medicines For Atopic Dermatitis
- Sulphur: for Atopic Dermatitis with dry scaly skin and itching
- Graphites: for Atopic Dermatitis in folds of skin (Flexural Eczema)
- Rhus Tox: for Atopic Dermatitis with asthmatic complaints
- Mezereum: for Atopic Dermatitis on scalp with discharging eruptions
- Natrum Mur: for Atopic Dermatitis with eruptions along hairline
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My problem is face related more pimples are in my face and create a spot so please help me any suggestion give me so my pimples can remove. Please advise.
Iam loosing my body weight rapidly So give me some information about how I would gain my body weight quickly and what would be better for me.
My age is 20 years and there's no beard or moustache on my face only some small scattered amount of hair here and there. While my friends have a visible amount of beard some even have a visibly dense and thick beard on their face. Please help.
Sir mere Baal bahut jyda jhadd rhe hai kamjoor bahut ho Gye hai dandruff bhi bahut rehta hai mai masturbation bhi karta hu bt ab band kr diya hai to nightfall ho jaata hai week me do baar sir please sir bahut Tezz baal jhad rhe nd mai afford nai kr Sakta ilaz r na hi aapse private chat soo koi homeopathic medicine bta dijiye jo sabse best ho hairfall rokne r hairgrowth ko please btaye.
Recently my right testicles have hardened than my left one. Its not hanging at the same level as the left one. What is it?
How can I reduce my acne, Pimples and blackheads problem. It is very important to know. Please let me know.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
1. Olive oil : Massage your hands with some warm olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes twice daily to enjoy soft and smooth hands. Olive oil has anti - ageing effects also.
2. Oatmeal : It is a natural cleanser and an exfoliater. Also its protein content locks the skin moisture inside keeping them soft. Prepare a mixture with 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal, ½ to 1 teaspoon of honey and a little water to make a paste. You can also add a little freshly squeezed lemon juice.Rub this mixture on your hands.Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
3. Coconut oil:It is not only good for dry skin but also soothes the skin damaged by UV rays. Apply warm extra-virgin coconut oil on your hands.Massage for about 5 minutes using circular motions before going to bed everyday.
4. Milk cream : A natrural moisturizer, an exfoliater and the skin ph maintainer. So rub some fresh milk cream on your hands. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then rinse off your hands thoroughly with lukewarm water. You can use this remedy daily.
5. Honey : An antioxidant with anti ageing effects. Mix equal amounts of honey and glycerin. Apply it on your hands, wait 10 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
6. Lemon juice: Its a cleanser and lightens any spots on skin. Add the juice of 1 lemon and some honey to a small tub filled with lukewarm water. Soak your hands in it for about 10 minutes. Pat dry, then apply a little bit of vitamin E oil or olive oil to maintain the moisture level of your skin. Use this remedy a few times a week.
Staying out in the sun too long can cause you to suffer from a host of skin problems such as age spots, wrinkles and even increase your risk of developing skin cancer. During the summer months, you need to take extra care of yourself as the sun is at its peak at that time. Here's what you can do in this summer to ensure that your skin remains protected:
1. Avoid the rays of the sun between 10 am and 2 pm - The strength of the UV rays depends on a number of factors such as reflective surfaces, height, and time of day. The sun's UV rays are at their strongest between 10 am and 2 pm. If you're outdoors, seek a cool area to protect yourself from the damaging rays of the sun. You could stand under a tree or use an umbrella to shield yourself from its ultraviolet rays.
2. Don't use tanning beds - Several studies reveal that tanning beds can cause skin cancer. According to these studies, individuals under 30 who use tanning beds increase their risk of melanoma (the most deadly of all skin cancers) by about 75%.
3. Increase your fluid intake - One of the ways in which you can beat the sun and protect your skin is by increasing your fluid intake during this time. On an average, one should have about 3 liters of fluids every day, which is about 1.5-2 liters of water and 1 liter of fluid from solid foods. From summer foods like watermelon and berries to beverages like fruit juice, milk, etc and liquid-based meals - all these avenues should be considered.
4. Have a proper cleansing regimen - To help your skin look fresh even during the summer months, you should exfoliate regularly. When you do this, all the dead skin cells are removed, giving your face a youthful and fresh appeal.
5. Use a sunscreen all the time - To protect yourself from the damaging ultraviolet rays of the sun, you should never forget to apply sunscreen when going out. Ideally, a sunscreen that has an SPF of 30 should be applied thoroughly to your skin 30 minutes before leaving your house. More importantly, it should be applied again every 2 hours.