Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poornima AradhyaYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic. I use tablet glimp m1. I am 36 years old. I found that I have diabetes in jan 2012. Since then I take glimp m1 tablets. Please advice what other things I should do and what not? now since last three days I didn't take my tablets. I found my suger level 125~ 228.
You must not let the cold and dry air worsen your asthma symptoms. The air that blows during winter time greatly affects people with sinus and respiratory troubles, and all these factors contribute towards worsening asthma attacks. But thankfully, there are a few tips that can be followed to curb down asthma and enjoy a lovely winter.
- Washing your hands: Doing this frequently with soap and water is one of the easiest and most effective ways of avoiding the spread of cold and other diseases. You must also inculcate this habit among your children, and when you are outside, you should practice using a hand sanitiser and sanitising wipes.
- Getting a flu shot: The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises that all people over the age of 6 months should get their dose of the annual flu shot for protecting themselves against the flu virus. This will help keep your asthma in check.
- Avoid sitting by the fireplace: Though it sounds cozy, you should refrain from sitting by the fireside if you have asthma. Burning wood is quite similar to burning tobacco and it can irritate your lungs to a great extent.
- Keeping your mouth closed: Though most people are taught this since they were children, they tend to forget it or ignore it. Keeping the mouth opened is more than a social disgrace, and it even affects your lungs adversely. You can wear a scarf for covering up the nose and mouth as it would help in making the air you breathe warm.
- Replacing filters: The heating system of your home may be blowing out dust and debris throughout the house, particularly when you operate it after a long time in winter. Therefore, it is imperative to clean and check the condition of the filters and replace it if necessary.
- Exercising indoors: The days when it is bitterly cold outside, it is recommended to exercise indoors in a fitness club or a gym instead of a doing it in the open air.
- Warming up before exercising: People who are affected with asthma are able to recover faster and have a greater lung function after working out when they are warmed up. Therefore, you should try to warm up for at least 15 minutes before exercising.
- Preventing asthma flares: Before you head outside, take a dose of your asthma medication and your inhaler as these will help in opening the airways and give you the necessary protection.
- Having an asthma action plan: Regardless of whether it is summer or winter, you should be aware of what you should be doing in times when the symptoms flare-up.
- Taking your medications: Finally, you should work with your doctor towards understanding the cause and symptoms of your asthma conditions and follow his recommendations closely to avoid recurrence of such problems.
With all these tips, you can expect to spend a happy winter. But if anything goes wrong, seek medical assistance immediately.
Minerals are important constituents that the body needs for proper cellular functioning as every process of the body requires the presence and action of these elements. An imbalance in these essential elements can cause several health problems including hair loss. The various minerals have to be in harmony with one another as too much of a particular mineral can lead to an imbalance in another.
Causes of mineral imbalance
Coming to the causes, several reasons can lead to an imbalance in your mineral levels and these are:
Here are the minerals that your hair need.
1. Calcium - The first mineral that your hair requires is calcium. This vital mineral plays a key role in stimulating the growth of hair follicles. The foods that you can turn to for your daily calcium dose are nuts, almonds, beans, vegetables, etc.
2. Magnesium - Following closely after calcium and one which must be taken together with calcium is magnesium. Without the presence of magnesium, the consumption of calcium can be harmful for the body. Both these elements are used by the body in tandem. So, foods you can have to meet this requirement are cashews, milk, almonds and so on.
3. Potassium - Lack of potassium in your diet can cause you to lose hair as well. Increasing the intake of this mineral helps in removing the buildup of sodium around your hair follicles that interfere with the absorption of nutrients required for strong hair. Potassium can be obtained from bananas, whole grains, almonds, etc.
4. Zinc - Another element that helps in the growth of hair is zinc. This mineral is vital for DNA synthesis of hair follicles, helping them to divide and multiply. Seafood, pumpkin seed, avocado, etc can be good sources of zinc.
5. Iron - Iron deficiency can bring about hair loss. When there isn't adequate iron in your diet, your body consumes ferritin (a protein responsible for storing iron in your body tissues) found in non-essential tissue such as your hair bulbs, resulting in shedding of your hair before it is able to reach its optimal length.
6. Selenium - Inadequate selenium in your body can cause you to suffer from thyroid problems, and subsequently hair loss. Whole grains and broccoli are two selenium-rich food sources that you can take to help your hair to grow properly.
7. Copper - Copper plays a very important role in your hair health. It gives growth, colour and strength to your hair. Sesame seeds and seafood are options that you can take to meet your copper requirement.