Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poorna ChandraYour feedback matters!
I feels very tired all day and does not even gets well sleep in night why is that happening with me.
On a regular 26-33 day cycle for past 6 months. If one has had unprotected sexual act on the 5th day of period. Though there was no penetration. But there was ejaculation on the butt region outside. Soon it was washed with water. And an I pill was taken within 18 hrs after this act. This act took place in november 2015. There was bleeding for 2 days after 6 days from the I pill intake. With slight abdomen pain. N. Dizziness. Then in december got period for 4 days after 33 days from november period. And also in january got period for 4 days. Within a 30 day gap from december period. But in february 2016. Got period within 30 days gap. But only for 1 day. In december and january there was dizziness during the ovulation tym. In the meanwhile had taken 8 hpt with preganews. All morning samples. And all came negative. And also 2 beta hcg blood test was taken. First on 42 days from the sexual act of november and second on 63 days from sexual act of november. Both of which came <1 miu /ml. Also on 73 days from the sexual act. A pelvic sonography was taken. Which showed uterus is anteverted. Empty and measures 8.9cm*4.7cm*3.6cm. The problem now is I am sensitized to some peculiar type of smell. And also there is problem of some pain near my belly button. Also I find that my lower abdomen is slightly bulging. Though very soft. And can be pressed very easily. And my breast colour is also dark. So what is all these happening. Am I pregnant. Or the pregnancy is not there. please help me. As I do not want to get pregnant now. Also the november act was the first and last time I had any sexual act. please help me soon.
If you suffer from sleeplessness or disrupted sleep at night, you should consider undertaking Ayurvedic measures to deal with the problem. The principle of Ayurveda states that proper sleep is a very important part of maintaining a good health, and any compromise with it could lead to complications. There are several Ayurvedic principles that you can adopt in order to improve your sleep. They are as follows:
Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule
- It is important for you to be disciplined regarding your sleep.
- Your mind remains dull and slow from 6 pm to 10pm. This is an ideal time for sleeping.
- You should sleep early, which will enable you to sleep well throughout the night, and wake up early the next morning.
- Try having dinner by 7 pm. Your digestive system cools down as the sun begins to set.
- Having an early meal allows proper digestion, which is important for positive sleep.
- While eating any meal, you should not concentrate on any other thing except for food.
- Oil massage therapy, especially a massage on your feet with herbal oils, is an effective Ayurvedic remedy to improve sleep.
- There are several nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished during such an oil massage.
- Massaging relieves stress, improves your blood circulation, makes you calm and relaxed, and lets you sleep at length.
- This is another important Ayurvedic way of improving your sleep.
- You need to practice several rounds of Nadi Shodhana Pranayama on a regular basis, which involves alternate nostril breathing.
- This method helps in calming down your nervous system, soothes your mind, and thus results in a deeper and better sleep.
- Ayurvedic principles state that your wellness and health depend on a proper balance between your mind, body, and soul.
- While some people make us feel positive, other people drain us emotionally, leaving us cranky and annoyed.
- You should be mindful over whom and about what you interact with before going to sleep. Always try to stay in a positive environment away from any negative factors.
- Abstain from engrossing on social media activity, watching television, or browsing on your cell phone two hours before going to bed.
It is also necessary for you to work out on a regular basis and keep physically fit and healthy. A healthy body ensures a healthy mind, which in turn, is important for improved sleep. Avoid having coffee or any form of stimulant after 3 pm in the afternoon.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Certain forms of anaemia are hereditary and infants may be affected from the time of birth it is advisable to undergo genetic counselling before getting pregnant
It can be prevented by eating a healthy varied diet rich in vitamins and minerals
Sir, I am dibetics advised to take glim er1 empty stomach, glyciphase 1gm after lunch and 500mg echospirin 75 after dinner are these medicines are having side effects as I am getting itching and small acne in heads and arms pls. Help remedy and opine.
I sleep at least 8-10 hrs a day. I do not do any much physical work but still I always feel tired and feel like going to bed. Why is it so? How can I be active?
Last 2 days my penis end etching and some brownish colour liquid is out, And pain happen at end of penis please sugest.
My grandmother has a problem when she sleep her leg shakes (bdkana) please tell me is there any medicine aur treatment by which she can get out of it.
Its been an year, my nose bleeds at times. It doesnt pains Bt bleeds and a clott like blood comes out. This happens twice or thrice a week. Consulted docters But till now no such help conceded. Bleeding stops after I pour cold water from my head and wipe my nose. Situation is embarrassing when it happens when I am at office, please help.
I want to do vasectomy ,will any body know me detail benefits and problems after operation? Which is the best clinic/hptl.in trivandum for this operation and how much expenses is there?
When it comes to health benefits, green tea has been an undisputed winner for a long time. It is a must have for all health conscious people. For many people, the day starts and ends with a cup of green tea. However, of late, its position and popularity have been challenged. With its health benefits, white tea is slowly but steadily finding its way into the lives of people.
Now the obvious question is; which one of the two (green tea or white tea) is better? While some loyal fans swear by green tea, others have genuine reasons to opt for white tea. To know more about their benefits, one first needs to know, what are green and white tea?
Green tea and white tea are both extracted and processed from the same mother plant, Camellia sinensis. White tea is manufactured using the young buds and leaves. Green tea, on the other hand, is manufactured from the older leaves of the plant.
Also, green tea undergoes more processing compared to the white tea. In the case of green tea, the leaves are first withered, followed by steaming or frying (pan frying). Next, there is rolling, shaping, and finally drying of the leaves. In the case of white tea, the processing is simple and involves steaming followed by drying of the leaves.
The health benefits of green tea Vs white tea
- The antioxidant capacity: Both green tea and white tea contains a phytochemical, Polyphenols, which has antioxidant properties. In addition to the weight management, this antioxidant is known to protect the body from cardiovascular disorders, diabetes, and even cancer. Research suggests the phenolic content, and subsequently, the antioxidant capacity is higher in white tea as compared to the green tea.
- Protection from UV rays: The harmful effects of UV rays are known to all. Research suggests that both green and white tea are at par (photoprotection ability) when it comes to protection from the harmful UV radiation.
- Anti-carcinogenic property: When it comes to cancer-fighting ability, white tea earns the brownie point. Undergoing less processing as compared to the green tea, the antimutagenic and the anti-carcinogenic properties are higher in white tea.
- Mood enhancer and stress reliever: Many studies suggest that white tea has a slightly higher caffeine content compared to the green tea. Thus, white tea will have a better soothing and refreshing effect than green tea.
- A younger looking skin: Both white and green tea play a pivotal role in slowing down the aging process. However, White tea contains a higher content of polyphenols (due to less processing) and is believed to have a better ability to prevent the breakdown of the elastin and collagen than green tea. The EGCG or EpiGalloCatechin Gallate (lowers the aging process) is also higher in white tea.
- Weight Management: When it comes to weight management, both white and green tea exhibit almost similar effects.
- Anti-inflammatory property: The anti-inflammatory property is slightly higher in white tea than green tea. White tea, thus, helps to suppress the activities collagenase, elastase, and oxidants (enzymes responsible for Rheumatoid arthritis) better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
After taking a shower I feel severe headache when sitting in ac or under fan please provide me how to get rid of this issue ?
Loose stools from last six months, not diarrhea and on and off constipation. I tried adding fiber to diet it works for sometime then back again to loose stools.
I had sever headache. I use tablets but it not rectify. And my urine also in yellow color. I afraid of what happened to me. What should I do please help me sir.
If you are looking for an effective immunity boost in your body, you should choose Ayurveda and undertake
Ayurvedic procedures and remedies. Good health, according to Ayurveda, involves balancing of your doshas such as vata, pitta and kapha and making sure that your agni or digestive system is working smoothly. There are several Ayurvedic ways using which you will be able to boost your body’s immune system and its capability.
They are as follows:
Keep your immune system in proper balance by eating proper food: A weakened immune system makes you prone to all sorts of illnesses and diseases. In case the immune system becomes overactive, it targets your body’s own tissues, confusing them for foreign invaders and attacks them. Your diet is very important for balancing this fighting response within your body. If your body gets the right nutrients and eliminates toxins effectively, the immune system gets strengthened. You should consume leafy vegetables, whole grain, nuts, legumes and highly pigmented food.
Detox: According to Ayurveda, ama is a primary factor, which leads to the development of diseases. Ama is the name of stored toxins in Sanskrit language and if your body has unhealthy ama, an environment is created where invaders thrive. Ama may occur due to both mental and physical indigestion. Ama and indigestion prevent essential nutrients from reaching your tissues, which weaken your immune function. You need to detoxify your body at regular intervals if you have unhealthy eating habits or get exposed to harmful environmental toxins.
Keep your agni strong: The digestive system or agni is very important for your health and it highly influences your immunity and immune system capability. The ability of digestion, assimilation and absorption of nutrients by the body also determines your immune strength. If your agni gets impaired because of an imbalance within the tridosha, your metabolism is affected, which weakens the immune system and body’s natural resistance. Eating food items which are harmful for the digestive system leads to excess ama formation. A toxic environment is created in the body. This factor interferes with the natural intelligence of every cell which is encoded with the will of living healthy and working as a whole, together. Ayurveda aims at restoring this intelligence factor. You can boost your agni by consuming hot water and ginger tea regularly.
Yoga and meditations are important for boosting immunity, according to Ayurvedic traditions. Yoga and meditation help in reducing stress and positively affect your immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.