Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja Pandey TripathiYour feedback matters!
My backbone is paining too much what should I do by which I can get rid from it. It is happening from two weeks ago. Please help me.
My mother is of 65 years old. She has pain (pinching) in her both knee since 7 years long. I have consulted a homeopathic doctor. Bt the problem is still there. Please suggest.
I have pain in my right shoulder from last 4 months. Everything is ok in X-RAY. I am facing this problem since I started driving a car. Is this pain related to driving posture. Please suggest me what should I do .Thank you.
I have a pain problem in the ankle region on the right leg. I have taken two x rays and an MRI. No fracture. Pain gets worse when I sit for long or after getting up from bed. Not able to keep my foot down. If I run and strain pain gets bad and for a few days I am limping .Do not know what to do and is affecting my movements and life style .It also pain is the tendon at the back of the heel most of the time.
Bumba is my brother. I have a question. My brother is suffering in some knee problem. Its very painful. Unable to work. Buy he has not hit by some thing or he is not injured. But the problem is there suddenly. What should we do?
I am Ajay Kumar Verma. My mother is suffering from mild spondylitis. Which treatment should I go for?
Frozen shoulder (also known as adhesive capsulitis) is a condition in which the shoulder is stiff, painful, and has limited motion in all directions. A person suffering from a frozen shoulder can be pretty uncomfortable.
Frozen shoulder treatment should be done immediately once it has been detected. Stretching exercises are considered as the best-frozen shoulder treatment exercises. A proper warm up becomes very necessary before any exercise.
Making the area warm by using a heating pad is one of the warm-up methods. However, a warm shower covers it all.
Physiotherapy for frozen shoulder includes various exercises that should be first confirmed by a doctor. There are a number of exercises for frozen shoulder. Some very important frozen shoulder exercises are listed below:
- Pendulum Stretch: To start with, you can do the pendulum stretch. This dictates that the shoulders should be in a state of relaxation, initially, following which the arm which is affected should be allowed to hang down slightly. Once this is done, the arm is to be swung in a small circle i.e. about a foot in diameter. This is to be done consistently so that there can be a gradual improvement in the condition. As there is an improvement, the size of the circle can be increased and once the shoulder can take sufficient weight again, minor weights (up to five pounds) can be used.
- Finger Walk: A simple exercise which can be done almost anywhere is the finger walk. What this exercise entails is that the person stands about three-fourths of an arm’s length away from a wall and then places his or her fingers on the wall itself, at around the level of the waist. The fingers are to crawl or walk up the wall till the point that it becomes a little uncomfortable. While this is just one repetition, after the fingers have been lowered, it is to be done again. In order to have the best results in combating frozen shoulder, the finger walk exercise is to be repeated about twenty times in a day.
- Towel Stretches: Towels do not serve a greater role apart from drying up post a bath or over the course of a visit to the spa, right? Well, this is not really true due to the fact that they can be used to even help with frozen shoulder! Indeed, towel stretches done by holding the towel with each hand across one’s back. The arm which is normal should then pull the affected arm so it is stretched. As is the case with the finger walk, about 20 repetitions a day is ideal for good results.
If one goes a step forward and follows a regime of with all these exercises, the person suffering due to frozen shoulder will be back to normal in almost no time at all!
Last few weeks I feel fever when I get up early in the morning, also feel back pain. I am talking relax plus at night.
I am 59 yrs male .Suffering from knee pain . Using tabs but no satisfaction and pain relief. Diabetic since 10 yrs. Having BP but in the control since 2 yrs. Please Suggest me .
Sir I am 47yrs old iam suffering from cervical spondylosis. I am using so many medicines but still iam not getting reliefpls give best suggestions.
Am suffering from knees pain it always pain I took tablets consulted with good doctors but at last the same problem I took herbs many more so advice me what to do.
Dear Doctors, I am having continuous pain in either of my legs (not exactly pain but it feels better when kept pressed) though am using mustard oil and taking enough rest but its been more than 10 days and it is still there.
From 3 dpo feeling light cramps lower abdomen ,lower back pain and from night of 6dpo light cramp or some time little more pain on lower abdomen, lower left side abdomen and back but it also goes till whole left leg this pain also come and go, why this is happening, is these happening like that or something else means implantation related, please help me and can I take Thyronorm 125 mcg at 7 am and sleep again then have food after 1to 1: 30 hours later is their any problem with this or I can take, and can my thyroid comes in normal level, because I sleep very late. I was taking 125 mcg tablet, ans susten 200 for 10 days, and light pain on nipples some time more pain on nipples, why this pain happening, some tiredness also. And urine come every half or one hour. gas also please help me.
I find it very hard to sleep at night, I sleep at around 10 pm, but it is very hard to maintain my sleep as well as I have cervical spondylitis so sometimes it gets very uncomfortable at night. What can I do? Please suggest.
I am 19 year old female. I got straightening therapy done last year. I have got some curls back, at the roots but not exactly my natural hair. Would you recommend if I get my hair straightened again, for a year or so? Some say that two kinds of chemicals will be used. One for the hair that are back to the original kind and other chemical for the ones that are still somewhat straight. Is it true? Thanks in advance.
Meri ammi ke feet and knees mai bhut pain rheta hai. Bhut preshaan rheti hai Raat bhar so nhi pate. Unhe diabetes and thyroid hai. Pls tell me how can I help my ammi.
A clicking sound comes from my right knee as well as right shoulder, it also pains sometimes, what to do?
Ayurveda is an ancient healing technique that is very effective for today's lifestyle ailments. For many people, low back ache can be troublesome. While strong pills and capsules may give you temporary relief, they do not address the core issue and have a number of side effects. Ayurveda on the other hand, addresses the trigger and has no side effects.
Intrigued! Take a look at these Ayurvedic techniques to cure low back pain:
- Cut out on spices: We may think it unrelated, but low back pain is often accompanied by indigestion. Spinal cord nerves connect to back muscles and digestive organs. Hence, a small change in your diet can have a great impact on your health. Spicy food aggravates the digestive system and has a drying effect on the body. By cutting back on spices and oil, the digestive system can work better and there will be less stress on the nerves connecting the spinal cord and back muscles and thus result in lesser back aches.
- Warm your body: According to Ayurveda, back pains are caused by an increase in vata dosha or the amount of air and ether elements in the body. Warming the body can help lower these levels. Apply a heat pack to the back as a way of keeping the external body surface warm. Additionally, add warm food to your diet. This opens out any blockages in your digestive system and in turn reduces low back pain.
- Padahastasana: Ayurveda is very closely linked to yoga. Padahastasana is a yoga asana which addresses lower back pain by opening up the digestive channels and allowing the vata dosha to flow easily through the body. To practice this asana, stand with your legs together and lift your arms straight above your head while inhaling. As you exhale, bend forward from the hips while keeping your back and legs straight. Try and touch your toes. Hold the position for as long as possible and come back to the starting position while inhaling.
- Anuloma Viloma: Anuloma Viloma is a breathing exercise that balances the vata dosha. This is a technique that involves breathing from alternate nostrils. To begin, close the right nostril with your thumb and inhale through the left nostril. Close both nostrils and hold your breath for a few seconds. Then, release through the left nostril. Repeat this process, starting from the left nostril.
- Bishop's weed seed tea: Tea made from the seeds of Bishop's weed is can provide instant pain relief from low back pains. This is suitable for men and women of all ages except those with heart problems.
The core principle of Ayurveda is to listen to your body's messages. These techniques will help you become more tuned to your body's needs and keep you free from back aches.
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica.