Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja JagannathYour feedback matters!
Being at the peak of optimal health should be the goal of every individual. As the saying goes, 'Health is Wealth'. Certain food items will help you to reach the pinnacle of health if they are consumed regularly. These foods will not only keep you healthy and fit, but will also help the body to function properly with the nutrients it receives from them.
Given below is a list of foods that you should be eating for optimal health:
- Garlic: Garlic contains a compound called "allicillin", which is the major component to make garlic a healthy food item. Garlic is very effective to cure common colds and flu. Garlic also helps reduce high blood pressure. It reduces bad cholesterol and improves good cholesterol levels in the blood. Garlic also helps to detoxify your body. Treating osteoarthritis is another great benefit of eating garlic.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains probiotics, which control bacterial growth which is harmful to your body. It also provides your body with calcium.
- Broccoli: Broccoli contains sulphur, which makes this green vegetable a cancer fighter. It contains sulforaphane which gives it this property.
- Oats: Oats help to control blood pressure and cholesterol level in the blood. They are also a great source of fibre for the body. Oats help keep your heart healthy.
- Beets: Beets are a rich source of multivitamins. They help to lower blood pressure and also lower the risk of any cardiovascular disease. Beets also help detoxify the body.
- Cabbage: Cabbage helps reduce the risk of having cancer. It also prevents heart diseases, gastrointestinal problems and Alzheimer's disease. Cabbage is loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, which help it prevent osteoarthritis.
- Fish: Fish helps to control blood pressure. Fish oil can help slow down mental aging. The Omega-3 fatty acids present in fish are very important sources of protein.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich sources of proteins. They aid in the bodybuilding process and the repair and maintenance of the body.
- Spinach: Spinach is a rich source of antioxidants, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin K, and Omega-3 fatty acids. It helps fight cancer, and also detoxifies the body.
- Tomatoes: The vitamins and phytonutrients in tomatoes make them such a healthy food option which keeps cancer and heart diseases at bay.
Related Tip: "6 Foods That Help You Lose Weight"
I am 19 years old. I have a doubt on me. I think I have piles. Please tell me the symptoms of piles?
I am 19 yrs old and i was suffering from allleric rhinitis, anaemia, hair loss, what I should do to get rid of this ?
Hello doctor after masturbation I am felling little bit of chest pain. Chest muscle getting tight I masturbate one time in a week. Is it okay. And semen also little bit thick and watery. Does masturbation causes any birth defects I getting marry very soon. What should I eat to make semen thick. Please help me. Thank you.
I'm 27 year male. My foreskin doesn't retract whatever the position is, even in erect condition. I don't have any discomfort. I'm going to get married. Is this a problem? If so what is the solution?
DOCTOR masturbate MAKES ME FAINT WHAT TO DO SOME DOCTORS SAYS IT DOES NOT HAPPENS YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND THE PATIENT MY FRIENDS AWAYS DOES masturbate BUT THEY DO not GET FAINT ME DOING AND EVEN THINKING MAKES ME SWEAT AND SHIVERING AND FAINTING UNDERSTAND ME DOCTOR WHEN I DID masturbate MY HEART BEATS REALLY FAST AND I FEEL FAINTING Please understand me doctor Please solve my problem What should I do Am really afraid of doing sex too.
Sir my friend (male) asked me that what is the perfect age to start doing sex. Is there any age factor?
Erectile dysfunction (ed), also known as impotence, is a very common health problem. According to the massachusetts male aging study, it is estimated that half of all men experience erectile dysfunction at some point. At age 40, about 40 percent of men suffer from this condition, and it is more common at older ages.
Ed is a condition where a man is not able to achieve or sustain an erection. It can lead to low self-esteem, depression and guilt.
A range of causes of ed can be broadly classified into two categories—physical and mental (psychological). According to the bbc health, about 70 percent of impotence cases have medical causes and about 30 percent have psychological causes.
Physical causes include narrowing of the blood vessels due to high blood pressure (hypertension), high cholesterol, diabetes, hormonal changes due to aging, surgery or injury, thyroid problems, kidney issues, heavy smoking, obesity, excessive drinking, nutritional deficiencies, certain prescription medications and treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate.
Psychological causes include anxiety, depression, stress, and other mental health issues and relationship problems.
My 1st trimester of pregnancy is going on. I have severe digestion and constipation problem so that Dr. Prescribed me unizyme tablets regular for 2 months. Is it safe for me.
Hello doctor I'm deepak age-24 I'm so much weak in my sexual life it I couldn't erecting more then a minutes with my partner so how could I rid of it?
I am suffering from Lupus Nephritis since 4 years. Now the protein level has come in the range level since 4 months. I am taking Mycept 500 (BD). Doctors are not stopping my medicine. Can you help?
Respected Dr. From last two days I am feeling a 'shaaaaaanss' sound in my ears. I am 60 years old male. Please tell me why and how can I solve this problem? I have no health problem. I take Amlong 10 mg.Please tell.
9 Steps to protect yourself from HIV:
1. Pre Marital Testing
2. Use of Condoms
3. Pre Exposure Prophylaxis before 3 days
4. Post Exposure Prophylaxis within 3 days
5. Avoid Sex under influence of Alcohol or other abused drugs
6. Don't be judgmental when you selecting Commercial Sex Worker. I am having HIV positive patients who is charging 60000 per night. and a gay who is charging 40000 per day.
7. Always be watchful when you are taking Injections and ensure that treating doctor is a qulified one ( MBBS and /or above )
8. If you are going for planned surgery, ask docotr to peserve your own blood through Auto Transfusion
9. Dont share your grooming kits.
I had a surgery for bone grown in my nose I was having a breathing problem by this but now I had been cured by this surgery and mean while at that moment I was also having sinusitis problem and it is still there event though the surgery has been before 1 year so can I know what too take (food) and what not too take (food) and some precautions and suggestions too please.
I often have itching in my scrotum area. I do wash it properly with soap but still it does not go Yes I had a problem with fungal infections earlier. Please help me on this. Thank you.
Cerebral palsy refers to a group of neurological disorders that appear in infancy or childhood and permanently affect body movement and muscle co-ordination.
Lack of muscle co-ordination when performing voluntary movements (ataxia)
Stiff or tight muscles and exaggerated reflexes (spasticity)
Walking with one foot or leg dragging
Walking on the toes, a crouched gait, or a'scissored' gait
Muscle tone that is either too stiff or too floppy
Cerebral palsy is usually due to brain damage in the first few months or years of life, brain infections such as bacterial meningitis or viral encephalitis, or head injury.
Ayurveda treatment for cerebral palsy:
Ayurveda has shown very good results in patients of cerebral palsy. Though cerebral palsy may not be fully cured, ayurvedic treatment can definitely help to reduce disability and improve the functioning of the affected individual to a great extent. The ayurvedic treatment of cerebral palsy focuses on treating the presenting symptoms and attempting to reverse the brain damage.
Medicines which help in improving the functional capacity of the brain and may also help in regeneration of damaged brain cells are:
Brahmi (bacopa monnieri)
Mandukaparni (centella asiatica)
Shankhpushpi (convolvulus pluricaulis)
Jyotishmati (celastrus paniculatus)
Kushmand (benincasa hispida)
Ustukhuddus (lavandula stoechas)
Yashtimadhu (glycyrrhiza glabra) ashwagandha (withania somnifera)
Shatavari (asparagus racemosus)
Guduchi (tinospora cordifolia)
Vacha (acorus calamus)
Haritaki (terminalia chebula)
Some of these medicines are also useful in preventing or reducing convulsions.
Medicines which helps in the formation of the muscles and tissues are:
Guduchi (tinospora cordifolia)
Amalaki (emblica officinalis)
Musta (cyperus rotundus)
Panch tikta ghrita
Panch tikta ghrita guggul
Pancha gavya ghrita
Medicines are used to improve nerve conduction and muscular co-ordination are:
Vata gajankush ras
Tapyadi loh ras
Panchakarma therapies which are useful in this condition are:
Abhyangam: massage of the entire body with medicated oils like mahanarayan oil, maha-mash-oil and maha-saindhav-oil are very useful.
Yogic postures useful in cerebral palsy are as follows:
Adho mukha svanasana
All these therapies and medicines show miraculous effect on the patients suffering from cerebral palsy.
(p. S: as every human being is different according to ayurveda, all have different cures. So, kindly consult us or an ayurveda doctor before taking any herbal treatments.)
This post is written by Dr. Jaina patwa who is a chief ayurvedic practitioner based at vile parle, mumbai, india. She is available as an online ayurvedic consultant on skype. Skype id - vishwacare
Vishwacare offers ayurvedic treatment globally for all chronic and refractory health problems. Dr. Jaina patwa uses high quality organic herbal extracts which are easy to take, effective and completely safe for long-term use.