Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Piya Kumar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Piya KumarYour feedback matters!
Hey i'm a 17 years old virgin guy. My girlfriend and I've just decided to have sex but there is a lot to worry. We want to minimise the risk of pregnancy as far as possible. Is the pull and pray method something to rely upon? Can I wash my penis before sex to remove the dirt or precum and then remove my penis from her when I'm about to ejaculate?
As per my LMP I am 7.3 weeks pregnant but my sac measured only 5 weeks. No heartbeat detected. I am not having pregnancy symptoms as well. Is it normal?
Hi doctor. I consulted you since I was bleeding heavy. Unfortunately I lost my pregnancy. The trauma which I went through was terrified. I am scared of getting conceived again. But I saw so many people who had a miscarriage had their next pregnancy successfully n have a healthy baby too. Can I also go for a healthy pregnancy now? If so what care I should take. N also after seeing the bleeding in my last lreg I was very stressed out. How to overcome from those panic situations.
I have a problem before few months I have pain on my left testicle I consult some doctor but everything is normal but even after I have pain plg help me.
Dear Doctor, I am married 3 years ago. Till date, I have lease or no interest in having Sexual Intercourse. I like to spend time all alone by myself and spend time reading books like novels, religious books etc. Due to this I am not able to make my partner Happy. I do not know why I have no nerve towards Sexual relationship. I love my Husband very much, but have no interest in having any Sexual Relationship. I also do not enjoy or find any happiness in having sex. I get more happiness in being alone and reading books, writing some poetry or other stuff, in total in being myself. I also have a fear that may be because of my this attitude, my husband may try to find another partner for meeting his desires. I am really very upset thinking all these things, and daily we end up fighting with each other and also feel disappointed with one another. I always end up suffering within myself for not getting satisfactory answers from my husband for all the doubts I get in my minds. Please advise how can I overcome this and make my husband happy?
Vaginal bleeding is something that most women experience between their periods when they are not due for a menstrual cycle. It is considered as an abnormal occurrence when you bleed before you are expecting your menstrual period, or after you are done with your monthly cycle. It is usually characterised by bouts of spotting where a thick brown reddish discharge may be experienced. Also, this kind of bleeding is considered abnormal if it occurs during pregnancy or menopause.
Here are a few causes of abnormal vaginal bleeding:
- Hormones: An imbalance in the hormones like the estrogen and progesterone can lead to abnormal vaginal bleeding. These are the hormones that help in regulation of the monthly menstrual cycles. An imbalance can occur due to side effects caused by birth control pills that may not suit the individual, a contraceptive patch, or even contraceptive implants and injections. Further, an intrauterine device may also be the cause for this kind of bleeding. The hormonal balance can also get affected due to internal ailments like a dysfunctional thyroid gland and ovaries.
- Pregnancy and Delivery: Some amount of spotting is considered normal in the first trimester of one's pregnancy. Yet, severe bleeding and persistent spotting must be reported to the gynaecologist immediately. Women also bleed for a while after the delivery of the baby, in the postpartum period. This may also happen when an abortion takes place as the uterus may not have come back to its original size and due to remaining foetal tissues within. Complications during the pregnancy like an ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage can also lead to such kind of bleeding. An ectopic pregnancy is one where the egg gets implanted in the fallopian tube instead of entering and implanting itself in the uterus.
- Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are usually considered as non-malignant and non-cancerous growths within the uterus. These are common in many women who have gone through childbirth. These fibroids can also cause some amount of bleeding and spotting.
- Infections: When there is an infection in the reproductive organs like the ovaries and uterus of the patient, there may be some amount of bleeding. An infection in this area can also cause inflammation, which is one of the primary causes of abnormal bleeding. This can also occur due to a sexually transmitted disease or STD, as well as painful intercourse and sexual abuse which can lead to scarring as well.
- Cancer: One of the least common causes includes cervical, ovarian and other forms of cancer.