Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PinakiYour feedback matters!
Hlo doctor. I am of 20 years. actually day before yesterday after I had sex. Suddenly I had a lot of pain in stomach and near anus. I could not move. What will be the problem may I know.
My mother is ill now so my aunt is giving breast feed to my brother. Is there any problem to give breastfeed to a child of other lady?
Mera baby hua h c section se 2.5 month pehle uske baad meri kamar me or hath Ki kalayiyon me bahot pain rehta h.
Is it true that milk and curd should be avoided in pcod and hormonal imbalance. Anything else that aggravates pcos or hormonal imbalance. your advice is really appreciated.
Health benefits of dark chocolate
1. Slow the sign of aging
2. Lower blood pressure
3. Rich of vital vitamins &amp; minerals
4. Increase blood flow to the brain and heart
5. Contain anti depressant agent
6. Improve your mood
7. Reduce stress
8. High in potassium, copper, magnesium iron
I am now 4th month pregnant, I am not at all felling to eat anything, I am not hungry, and craving for any food items, I am just taking morning tiffin, lunch, dinner, milk and dry fruits that too sometimes. How I have to improve my diet to give healthy baby. please suggest me good diet with timings.
मेरी शादी को तीन साल हो गए है परंतु में अभी तक गर्भवती नहीं हुई हूँ मेने डॉक्टर से इस सम्बंध में सलाह ली एवं जाँच रिपोर्ट में पाया गया की मेरे शरीर में anti mullein हॉर्मोन की कमी के कारण गर्भवती नहीं हो रहे हो मुझे क्या करना चाहिए
Hello I want to say whenever my periods r abt to start I get sweelling on my body my moods swings drastically pls can anybody suggest wht can be done for dis. Thnks.
I am 28 years old. After 6 years of married life I can't become pregnant. Already I had under gone 4 IUI procedure but the result was negative. Last time we met a highly dedicated doctor and he suggested us to check AMH level. The result shows 7.62pmol/L. Doctor suggested us to take ovaries PLUS tablet for 4 months. Can you suggest anything about it. Please.
In most diseases, early detection of the disease is the key to control the symptoms, cure, reduce progression and improve prognosis. This holds true for sexually transmitted diseases too. As soon as there is a mild degree of suspicious of having contracted a sexually transmitted disease, it is advisable to go for a test. Most of the STDs can develop into serious complications over a period of time, ranging from infertility to even death.
Complications: Why early diagnosis is important: When left undiagnosed and untreated, most STDs progress to cause severe damage from sterility to cancer to even death. Listed below are some complications associated with each of the common STDs.
- Chlamydia: If left untreated, can lead to epididymitis and testicles shrinking and infertility in males. This is a condition where there is pus formation in the scrotum. In women, it can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease which is deep-seated and unable to cure completely. This brings with it symptoms ranging from abdominal pain to uterine infections to sterility.
- Syphillis: Undiagnosed syphilis can lead to blindness and deafness. It can also be passed onto the newborn and lead to severe disabilities.
- Gonorrhea: If diagnosed early, it can be cured completely with antibiotics. However, if left untreated, it can lead to infertility.
- HIV/AIDS: Early diagnosis can help in curtailing the disease. If detected late, then the damage is quite extensive and treatment is both expensive and cannot help restore a lot of functions.
Symptoms of Sexually transmitted diseases: If there is a doubt of having contracted an STD, then it is very important to get tested for the same. Some of the most common symptoms are listed below.
- Women: The most common symptoms in women including painful urination, burning sensation, abnormal vaginal discharge (sometimes bleeding), warts, and abdominal pain.
- Men: Testicular pain, urethral pain, painful urination, pain and inflammation in the prostate, sores, fever, and abdominal pain.
Prevention: Always practice safe sexual practices. When in doubt, refrain from sex until diagnosis and treatment is complete.
Testing for STDs: Some of the standard tests include:
- 1. Herpes- HSV I & II -
2. Testing HIV-- Kits and ELISA available for testing
3. Blood test for syphilis antibodies
4. Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea - from urine as well as swabs for culture
It is understandable that getting tested for STDs is an embarrassing situation. However, there are options available where anonymity can be maintained when getting tested for STDs. This is a wise choice to make as the risk is not just for the person affected but for the partner and in some cases even for the fetus. Early testing can help prevent complications like infertility and cancer.