Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Phani MadhuriYour feedback matters!
I have been married since 7years. Visited for fertility issue and was satisfied with her treatment. She is experienced, expertised with knowledge to handle complicated cases.I heart fully thank you.
My girlfriend's period starting in 5-7 days, is that safe to do intercourse with her today to avoid Un-wanted pregnancy? Please advise.
I am 27 years old unmarried male, few months back I lost my virginity with my gf, the problem I felt like that I get discharged within 2-3 shot only, initially I felt like this is due to lack of experience. But nie I started worrying about it. Please suggest.
I'm 21. I had sex with my boyfriend 3 months ago. We had it using condom. After that I had my periods. But from almost 2 months I'm not getting my periods. I also checked if I'm pregnant or not bt it's always negative. I do not get any symptoms of pregnancy also. But I really don't understand why suddenly I'm not getting periods. What shall I do now?
Problem is for my cousin sister please note in her problem as she told me "I am unmarried girl. Age 40. I have no affair or sexual relation with any male but from 4/5 months I am watching some liquide type element discharge from my both breast. Fiirstly It was yellowish but now it is white. In the gapping of 2/3 days I feel a very unbearable pain in my breasts and the place around nipple are swelling and I feel It is fillied with some liquide. No other problem in my body except this. Till now I did not take any medicine. I am in very fear and shyness for my problem. Please advise with medicine"
I had unprotected sex on the first day of my periods and now my periods have stopped. I took an ipill the same day, is there any chance of pregnancy?
Gestational diabetes is a form of diabetes where the blood sugar levels of the body increase during pregnancy. When you are expecting, your body is more repellent to insulin so that a larger amount of glucose is manufactured for the baby’s nourishment. However, this excess blood glucose can build up within the body which causes gestational diabetes. This can lead to health problems for both the mother and the baby. At the end of the gestational period i.e. once the baby is delivered, blood sugar reduces to normal.
When are you at a risk for gestational diabetes?
Gestational diabetes can also be hereditary. If a family member or a relative has diabetes, you are more likely to develop gestational diabetes.
If you are overweight, you are more susceptible to developing gestational diabetes.
What causes gestational diabetes?
During pregnancy, the placenta connects your baby to the blood supply. This produces other hormones which reduce the levels of insulin. This increases the level of blood sugar in your blood. As your baby develops, your body manufactures more of such hormones which block your insulin levels leading to gestational diabetes. This usually occurs from the 20th week of your pregnancy.
Increase in Birth Weight – Extra glucose crosses through the placenta which instigates the baby’s pancreas to manufacture more insulin. This can make your baby very large. Sometimes, it becomes difficult for the baby to pass through the birth canal during childbirth as a result.
Premature Birth and Respiratory Diseases – High blood sugar may increase the risk of an early labor. It may make the baby due before the 37th week of pregnancy. This also makes the baby more susceptible to respiratory disorders.
High Blood Pressure – Gestational diabetes also raises your risks for high blood pressure. This can be fatal for you as well as your baby’s health.
Follow a healthy eating schedule. Limit the amount of carbohydrates and ensure you have a healthy and balanced meal.
Do light exercises regularly during pregnancy. This helps you to control your blood sugar level. Physical activities which require low levels of energy utilization such as swimming and walking will control your blood sugar level without exerting you too much.
- Taking insulin shots and medicine for diabetes will also control your blood sugar levels if you have a pre-existing condition.
I am 24 years old. I have missed my periods for about a week. I was worried if I have gotten pregnant. Please help me.
Hi. I am diagnosed with PCOS and the Doctor prescribed meprate tab 2 times a day for 5 days to induce period. It has been over 10 days now, after completing the course, but my periods haven't started yet. Please let me know how long does the medicine take to start working and whether I need to repeat the course once again? Thanks in advance.
An important part of your adult life and a way of expressing your love, sex can be an effort when, both you and your partner do not feel up to it.
However when you completely put a stop to having sex, these 5 things can happen:
- You feel more anxious: A study by a group of Scottish researchers reveals that when you go without sex for a long time, you are unable to cope with the pressures of life. Couples who had sex for at least once over a 14 day period were able to cope with stressful situations, the study revealed. During sex, your body releases chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins that leave you with happy feelings. When you abstain from it, you shut down an avenue to get rid of pent-up emotion or energy.
- It raises the possibility of prostate cancer in men: Research reveals that men who have sex regularly experience a 20% fall in their chances of developing prostate cancer. The reason is frequent episodes of ejaculation bring about the removal of harmful matter from the prostate gland.
- You become more prone to colds and flu: Less sex can affect your body's ability to fight off germs, making you prone to common colds and flu. A research by the Wilkes-Barre University shows that couples who have sex one or two times a week witness a 30% boost in the production of immunoglobulin A or IgA (an antibody that is the body's first line of defense against germs) compared to people who don't.
- It increases the risk for erectile dysfunction (ED) in men: Findings published in the American Journal of Medicine highlight the fact that men who have sex less frequently are two times more likely to experience ED than men who have sex about once a week. According to the researchers of the study, frequent sex allows the penis to maintain its strength and effectiveness.
- A drop in Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) for women: One good thing comes out of not having sex. It is said that about 80% of UTI occurs within 24 hours of having sex. During intercourse, bacteria from the vagina get transported into the urethra, leading to the infection of the area. For women, the decision to not have sex can reduce the risk of developing this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My wife is in 9th month pregnancy. We are emberass to ask Our doctor that can we do intercourse in 9th month of pregnancy.
*2 Glasses Of Water After Waking Up - Helps Activate Internal Organs
*1 Glass of Water 30 Minutes Before a Meal - Helps Digestion
*1 Glass of Water Before taking a bath/shower - Helps Lower Blood Pressure
*1 Glass of water before Going to Bed - Avoids Stroke or Heart Attack
I am suffering from hypothyroidism for last 3 years. Got married November 2015. I am bothering about pregnancy. It's 8 months already passed and I am not getting pregnant. Please suggest some medicine or treatment. Is everything normal with me or I need to bother?
I am 29 years old having hypothyroidism. But my thyroid level is within range. I am suffering from irregular periods since 2 years. But since January this year it became normal but since last 2 months I am not having periods. Taking multivitamins and calcium tablets. I have started ashokarishta too. Kindly help me out.
We have married one year ago After continue sex We could not conceive a child My semen analysis and my wife's examination are okay What we do?
Hi. Doctor. My wife s pregnant. She s n her 3rd month. Wen we can start having our sex nd wt position s best. Tes time!
Homeopathy is one of the most successful alternative systems of medicine, which has gained prominence with time. Homeopathy has always been associated with various controversies, but has emerged successfully due to its principles and scientifically proven products.
In spite of its success over the years, many people still abstain from using homeopathic medicines for healing purposes. Here are some myths about homeopathy nullified:
- Homeopathic medicines are slow to act: This is one of the most important myths which abstain people from using homeopathic treatment. Homeopathic medicines are selected on the basis of the characteristics of the signs and symptoms and not just on the basis of diagnosis of a certain case. In homeopathy, an exact match needs to be done between the medical symptoms and symptoms of the disease. In case the symptoms do not match, the effect of the medicine becomes slow. The mismatch occurs due to the homeopaths mistake, and it is not a mistake of homeopathy. When the medical symptoms and disease symptoms match, homeopathic medicines work effectively and fast.
- Some homeopaths do not disclose the name of the medicines they give: This is another major myth about homeopathic medicines. Homeopaths do not hide the names of medicines they give you, and if you are educated enough to understand the depth of homeopathy, you should know that there is nothing like homeopaths hiding the names of medicines theyre giving you. Homeopathy differs and unlike modern medicines, its remedy differs from person to person. For example, for two people suffering from common cold, the remedy may not be the same. If you get to know about a homeopathic medicine, which has cured cold in a friend and use it on yourself abruptly, you may have side effects or no effects at all. Even in one particular patient, the symptoms may vary every time he gets a similar cold, and the medicines also have to be changed. You must always consult a homeopath before using a homeopathic medicine on your own.
- While having homeopathic treatment, the patient's symptoms get aggravated: Homeopathic medicines are given when the medical and disease symptoms match. Thus, during the initial period of a homeopathic treatment, a little aggravation of the symptoms indicates that the medicines have started acting. This is a good sign and also denotes that the right medicine has been selected. This aggravation does not continue for long and after a short period, the patient experiences great relief. In many cases, the patients do not experience such early aggravation or symptoms. Extreme aggravation sometimes denotes improper medicine selection.
Homeopathy is a trusted and the most natural medicine that exists. There are certain myths about homeopathy, which are wrong and need to be cleared, so that more people can resort to homeopathy. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.