Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PeterYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 27 years old female heaving one child. I'm suffering with headache after my delivery, headache with vomiting. What should I do? I want to sleep but can not sleep till midnight. I'm also working women in a software company.
I have fissured tongue. And my cuts are increasing day by day. I have consulted many doctors but I am not satisfied .it would be very grateful to get help here.
I'm a boy and cannot walk properly and feel very much pain in moving my body I don't know what happened to me I am in the bed for at least 3 months and have a headache from last few weeks I m getting very weak and have continued fever from a month please help me.
I had an ankle ligament sprain or injury on 31.12. 2015 and got plastered for 1month. Now its removed and my doctor directed to walk. Now 40 days over. Still I can't walk properly because a small pain still existing when applying force. Slight swelling also there. I'm taking medicines tendon and Indomethacin Tab's. When will I can walk properly, go upstairs and run? What should I do next? Any more treatment is required? At what stage the surgical treatment is considered?
I am 28 years old male, and I have one side headache problem for last 1 year. Please help me with the suggestion.
I'm aged 39/male/weight-90 kgs/height-5'10. Recently I didn't go for full motion (going 2-3 times minimum, early wakeup time, after coffee/break fast & one more at any time) and my stomach was full feeling all times, may gaseous. No sugar, no bp. All are normal. I'll taking masala food every alternative day, and sunday full non-veg. And there is no exercise to body. Recently, i'm going to morning walk for 6-7 kms. In a time of 30-40 mins, which covers some good health. If any day take rest, with out exercise, the total body gets body & digestion system collapsing. Now, I request you to suggest how to get full motion at a time. And diet control and body exercise. Please.
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain.in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica.
I am not getting proper sleep at night it takes 1 to 2 hours to get the sleep. My age 22. What should I do?
My wife had treatment for Cancer. And was out of problem since 2013 Sept. Since then is a victim of High B.P AND Depression . Was also patient of Digestive disorder like either constipation or Hyper acidity. Please Guide.
I hv erection problem em not able 2 sustain it can any doctor help me it is result ov excess hand job.
Mere husband ko last December se chest TB h ab 10 din se fever ho raha h latest report ye hai.Please tell.
Hello I am bharti and suffering from pcod. Since from the last 1 year trying to conceive but failed. I also gone thru follicular monitoring but ovulation occurred without medicine and I don't know what to do.
I M suffering from cold n cough regularly n it takes long time to get resolved. please suggest what should I take.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
An often persistent and long-lasting condition, psoriasis interferes with the life cycle of skin cells and causes them to increase rapidly on the surface of the skin. These generally appear as dry, itchy and red patches of skin having thick, silvery scales.
Psoriasis can be subdivided into the following:
- Plaque psoriasis: The most common form, characterized by dry, red skin lesions covered with silvery scales and can be seen anywhere on the body.
- Scalp psoriasis: These appear on the scalp and may extend beyond the hairline.
- Nail psoriasis: These affect the toenails and fingernails.
- Guttate psoriasis: Characterized by blister-like appearances and are stimulated by bacterial infections.
- Inverse psoriasis: Caused by fungal infections.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Can cover the entire body with a reddish rash that may peel.
- Pustular psoriasis: Capable of causing chills, fever and diarrhea.
The usual signs and symptoms of psoriasis include:
- Red, sensitive patches of skin
- A silvery, scaly cover
- Dry and cracked skin that may bleed when scratched or agitated
- Tiny scaling spots (witnessed in children)
- Persistent itching, soreness or burning sensation
- Ridged, thickened or pitted nails
- Stiff and swollen joints
Possible causes of psoriasis may include:
- Skin infections or strep throat infections
- Skin injuries, like cuts, bites or sunburns
- Cold weather
- Chronic alcoholism
- Certain medications such as high blood pressure medications
The following factors may further increase the risk of developing the disease:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Family history
Ayurveda and Psoriasis
Although the root cause of the disease is yet to be identified, according to traditional Ayurveda, the vitiation of Vata and Kapha causes psoriasis. As per ayurvedic principles, Vata and Kapha are the two basic energies that uphold the balance of our body equilibrium. Strong genetic predisposition, sun deprivation, and intense streptococcal infection on the upper respiratory tract can badly aggravate psoriasis. As per ayurveda, these conditions are strong enough to create several visible pathological changes that take place are mainly due to the accumulation of dooshi vishas or low potency poisons.
Uneven and unhealthy food habits, consumption of foodstuffs in the wrong combination (Example: dairy products with fish or chicken), too much intake of yogurt, black gram, seafood, sour or salted food stuffs, etc. can trigger the psoriasis inducing pathogenesis. Other catalysts that cause psoriasis includes stress, alcohol, and tobacco consumption
Psoriasis can be effectively treated through panchakarma therapies, which include ayurvedic treatment methods for the complete detoxification of the body, and successful elimination of harmful toxins from the body fluids.
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
- Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
- Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
- Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
- Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
- Use cotton clothes
- Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
- Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
- Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis.