Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. PayalYour feedback matters!
Ever faced a nagging low back ache that just won't quit? You could be dealing with sciatica. Sciatica or sciatic nerve pain is not a diagnosis in itself, but is a symptom of a deeper problem. Conditions that trigger sciatica include degenerative discs, spinal stenosis, a herniated disc in the lumbar region or spondylolisthesis. Whether your sciatica pain is persistent or sporadic, it can make routine tasks difficult to perform. The good news is that there are a number of remedies to ease this pain and improve the health of your spine:
- Hot and cold therapy: Sciatic pain that extends down to the thighs can be relieved by alternating between a heat pack and an ice pack. Each pack can be applied for about 20 minutes at a stretch every two hours. However, this does not treat the sciatic nerve itself.
- Pain medications and steroid injections: Over the counter pain medication like ibuprofen or muscle relaxants can help alleviate pain and reduce inflammation. In chronic cases, epidural steroid injections may also be prescribed to address the inflammation and pain. Pain relief provided by medication and steroid injections can last for a few days or a few months depending on the person.
- Yoga: Sciatica patients looking for long term relief often turn towards alternative forms of treatment like yoga. Yoga helps strengthen muscles, increases flexibility and improves posture. This is more beneficial towards preventing sciatica problems from arising than treating ongoing sciatic pain. When practicing yoga with a sciatica problem, it is very important to understand your body's limitations and not over extend your back muscles.
- Massage: A massage that treats sciatic pain is very different from the usual massage you may get at a spa. A massage to relieve sciatic pain involves putting pressure on the inflamed part of the back and the piriformis muscle. This is the muscle that sits over the sciatic nerve and triggers sciatic pain. In most cases, 3 to 4 massage sessions at intervals of 7 to 10 days can have effective results on sciatic pain.
- Physical therapy: Sciatica patients often find the slightest movement extremely painful. While lying in a bad is tempting, it can actually worsen the pain. Exercise increases blood flow to the spine and helps flush out toxins. Going for a walk, light aerobics or swimming are ideal ways for a sciatica patient to exercise.
- Chiropractic manipulation: This involves realigning the spinal column and is an effective way of treating underlying conditions that trigger sciatic pain. These spinal adjustments should only be performed by licensed chiropractors or osteopathic physicians. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
While playing cricket my thumb got hit by the ball. First day there was swelling but as the day passed the swelling has been decreased. I do not know if there is fracture or not, but i am able to make movement in my thumb, but my thumb is hurting in activities where I need to apply pressure on my thumb example pressing a button hardly or applying pressure between thumb and index finger. Is it a severe injury.
I am a 51 female and from past few months I am feeling pain in my arm near shoulder. Sometime pain would be worse, many of time that doesn't feel. I also went for checkup and after observation Dr. told that I might be lack of vitamin d so can you please help me with this problem.
F-26, DelhiPreviously I had some severe drug reaction on my face, for the suppression of it, I took more than 250 oral tablet including many steroids. After this, I observed backache in thoracic region, but the pain became unbearable, I consulted with Dr, but everything is cleared in my reports, meanwhile I went for laser technique for muscle relaxant, but with this I got major pain and more stiffness in lumbar region too. Now the condition was so much unbearable to me. I had stopped my allopathic treatment and taking bakson homeopathic treatment. But my current situation is that, still I have stiffness and pain in my lower part of spine and tingling sensations in both legs start at anytime. My energy level is too low now and can't work properly. I am suffering from this since 1 1/2 years. Kindly suggest some solutions.
Truly have backpain. I have leg pain also. I have removed my uterus and ovary. I am taking calcium tablets. My age is 50.
Hi, my husband met an accident last year and he got deep cut in his artery of left hand wrist at the base of thumb. It was operated and there are 7-8 stitches. Now sometimes he has pain in his whole hand starts from shoulder to wrist. Is it becoz he is fitness freak nd does weight lifting in gym? Please advise.
My wife suffering from back pain with irregular interval. But the same time she has don't want to use pain relief medicine. Pls suggest nature cure for this pain relief.
I am 29 years old male, 99 KG and I am suffering from knee pain left leg. 1 year back my reports says I have more uric acid in my body. Due to this pain, I met a doctor with X-ray of my knee. He gave Vitamin Tablets (FSSAI-MULTI VITAMINERAL SOFTGELS, Gemstrong-K2-7, Aceclofenac.
I am 25 years old male and have sole pain recently wanted the doctor but no use what should I do now?
Hi, I feel full body ache after waking up everyday. Specially leg pain and backache are unbearable. But inflammation settle down gradually with half to an hour. Please suggest how to get rid of this body ache. My routine - sitting hours of 12-14. I generally wear slippers to walk. But I don't walk much.
Some times around my waist I get an unusable pain even to stand also I am now feeling uncomfortable, I am old, and lot of stain is causing to work comfortable, is there any reasons for this and suggest remedy.
Bone loss is a silent condition that occurs over the years as you age. It is a condition when the bones become weak and fragile. Many people may not even know that that they are suffering bone loss until it leads to serious conditions such as Osteoporosis. Bone loss resulting in osteoporosis is more in women than men. It is estimated that one of every three women above 50 years suffers from osteoporosis related fracture.
What causes bone loss?
Bones are made of minerals, calcium, and phosphate. Bones are being constantly destroyed and refoemed within the body. As long as your body balances the process, your bones stay strong and healthy. However when the bone decay out grows the bone formation process, bone loss and a host of other problems occur. Some of the common causes bone loss are:
- With growing age, the body starts to reabsorb phosphate and calcium instead of keeping it in the bones. This makes the bones weak. When the process continues for a long time, it leads to osteoporosis.
- If your diet doesnot contain high calcium foods, then your bones donot get enough calcium.
- Smoking and drinking can make your bones weak.
- Medical conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, chronic kidney disease can cause bone loss.
- Sometimes medicines can also result in bone loss.
What are the symptoms of bone loss?
- Receding gums: Our teeth are connected to the jaw bone and if the jaw starts losing bone then it causes receding of gums. Loss of jaw bone is linked to lower bone mineral density.
- Decreased grip strength: Hand grips strength decreases due to low bone density.
- Weak and brittle fingernails: You may find your fingernails have become weak and brittle.
- Cramps, muscle pain, and joint ache: Pain in muscles and joints are an important indicator of vitamin D deficiency, which is a vital component for healthy bones. Cramps in legs and foot at night are an indicator of deficiency of potassium and calcium in the bones.
- Height loss: This is a common problem that comes with age. But there are other factors that lead to height loss such as poor posture and fractured vertebra. Poor posture can cause bone loss.
- Overall low fitness: If you notice that your overall fitness has declined which includes your balance, muscle strength then you may be suffering from bone loss.
Can homeopathy treat osteoporosis?
Homeopathy has the most effective and holistic approach to treat osteoporosis. Homeopathy doesn’t intend to cure bone loss, instead, it tries to treat the underlying health condition that leads to osteoporosis. Consult a homeopath online. Some of the important homeopathy remedies are:
- Calcaria Phos: It is a very effective remedy for osteoporosis It helps in increasing the absorption of calcium from the food. It is a bone builder and creates new cells.
- Calcaria Iod: This is a great remedy to treat loss of bones as well as loss of muscles and fat.
- Alendronate: Alendronate is given to patients suffering from osteoporosis which is caused by steroid treatment. It reduces the release of calcium from the bones to the blood.
- Calcitonin - Salmon: Calcitonin-Salmon is a man-made hormone used to treat osteoporosis.