Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. PavitraYour feedback matters!
A hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and is often accompanied by the removal of the ovaries. In such cases, women are said to experience surgical menopause. This is because the ovaries are the main producers of estrogen. Surgical menopause is usually more severe than natural menopause as there is a sudden drop in estrogen levels. Estrogen is responsible for a number of functions that affect the brain, bones, skin, heart and blood vessels.
Hormone therapy is often advised to counteract this loss of estrogen.
There are two main types of Hormonetherapy:
- Hormone therapy with estrogen and progestin
- Hormone therapy with only estrogen
The former is advisable for women suffering from surgical menopause. Like any other form of treatment, it has its pros and cons.
- It protects young women from diseases associated with menopause: A hysterectomy is usually performed on women under the age of 50. In such cases, Hormone replacement therapy can protect the women from heart diseases. Removing ovaries before menopause can also increase the risk of Parkinson's disease and dementia.Hormone replacement therapy can help negate these risks.
- Reverse menopausal symptoms: Menopause is associated with a number of symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes and insomnia. Hormone replacement therapy can help treat these symptoms and give you a better quality of life.
- Other health benefits: Hormone replacement therapy can also help fight osteoporosis and strengthen bones. It is also known to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Side effects: Hormone replacement therapy interferes with the natural Hormone production. Thus, it can cause a number of problems such as premenstrual syndrome, swollen breasts, headaches and nausea.
- Increased risk of health issues: Though the odds are low, Hormone replacement therapy can increase your risk of having a stroke or heart attack. It has also been suggestively linked to breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
Thus, the choice of whether to have or not to have Hormone replacement therapy after surgical menopause is not easy to make. You must consider factors such as your age, lifestyle, family medical history and habits while making this decision. Do not rush into a decision and take your time. Talk to your doctor about the amount of medication needed and the delivery method most suited to you. Hormone replacement therapy can be taken in the form of pills, a patch, gel, vaginal cream or a slow releasing suppository. This should also be accompanied by a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.
My wife suffering with severe knee pain since 2 months and also diabetic. She told me, feel her nervous system is very tightened at back side of knee. So please kindly suggest me the better prescription. Thank you sir.
I am 32 years old, I was having mouth ulcers problem and throat pain problem. I am taking the medicines for 5 days and its getting cured. I use to take erox 250, meftal 250 and samproz 40 for cure. But again another few days ulcers problem is coming and again I'm taking tablets for cure. Doctor I need the permanent solution for resolve this cure.
Is drinking goat milk during dengue is helpful in curing dengue? Please tell me the what precautions should be taken after having dengue?
I feel like my energy drained till 12 pm .please tell me methods or foods or medicines to increase my energy.
Hi, I am Dr Sangeeta Amladi and I am going to talk to you about Pigmentation.
What is pigmentation and how does it occur?
Pigmentation is a term we used to describe the dark spots or patches or even general darkening of the skin. In the upper layer of the skin, there are certain cells which are called pigment cells and these produce a certain pigment called melanin. This is evenly distributed in the skin and gives colour that we normally possess. We can get darkening of the skin due to many factors, both external and internal at any time of our lives. Most common cause of external pigmentation is ultraviolet radiations. And one of the commonest cause is a hormone, especially in women. Any of these factors can increase the pigment cells in the skin or actually activate the cell to produce more melanin.
What are the common types of Pigmentation?
There are many common types of pigmentation;
- Age spots
- Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation etc
These often cause cosmetic problems and hence require treatment.
Freckles are the common response to sunlight. And you can see them as light brown spots on the face and the exposed parts of the body. They are often seen on the fair skin individuals and from very young ages. They can be effectively prevented by good sun screening habits.
Age spots, also called Lentigines are darker spots. And these are often seen as we grow older, over the age of 40
Melasma is a kind of pigment which shows up most commonly on cheeks in the form of brownish or the greyish brown patches which are sharply defined. They can also come up on the forehead or the chin. Two main factors causing melasma are the sunlight and the hormones. And it is more common in women. Very often, melasma occurs either during or post pregnancy.
Often we find pigmentation being left behind after we develop boils, other infections, eczemas, other allergies, injuries etc on the skin and this is something we called as Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation. It is left behind due to the inflammation that is left behind in the skin. There are certain perfumes, cosmetics and other allergens which can on their own leave dark patches on the skin and we call this pigmented contact om titis.
Another common cause of patchy pigmentation is ageing itself and this is because of the effect of ultraviolet radiations and sunlight on the skin. We often see the unevenness tone or little patchy dark spots and an alteration in texture so the skin gets a bit rougher. This we can prevent to a large extent through good sun screening habits which we should adopt at a very young age in life.
Last but not the least, the dark circles. These are the dark patches which we see under our eyes. The problem of dark circles is that they make us look dull and tired.
What is the right approach to treat pigmentation?
If you suffer from pigmentation, then you should be looking for comprehensive and holistic solutions to this problem. There are many different kinds of products, tropically prescribed medication, and chemical peels which when combined together can help us get rid of the superficial pigmentation. Ideally, it should be customized for you by your dermatologist after the detailed evaluation of your specific skin concern and then decide the best possible way to address it. If we need something deeper then there is a specific laser which called the Q switched andiac laser which is very safe and effective and specifically targets the Melanin in the skin without affecting the neighbouring areas and leaves the skin clear and flawless.
What are the everyday essentials to take care of your skin?
- The first mantra to really good skin care is to protect your skin using a sunscreen. You can use the sunscreen of SPF 15-30 or could be higher. However, the more important is how you apply it. A sunscreen must be applied to a thin film across the face and the exposed areas of the body and then left on for 15-20 minutes to settle it. If you tend to sweat a lot, you need to apply it after every 2-4 hours. And of course, you should apply a sunscreen when you are indoors because the ultraviolet radiations or even the visible light which is indoors can also affect your skin and cause pigmentation.
- A good cleansing regime is very important to keep your skin clean. Choose a cleanser which is formulated for your skin type dry, oily or normal. You can use this twice or thrice daily. If your skin is oily, you can use a toner for deeper cleansing.
- After cleansing your skin, you need to hydrate and this can be done using a moisturizer in the day time and sunscreen itself can be the moisturizer. At night, you can sue a night cream containing Vit- C and this will also help you to stay pigmentation free.
- A balanced diet, good sleep and exercise is very important in keeping your skin healthy. Incorporate foods in a diet which are rich in Vit- C and sun protecting agents like Beta Keratins and anti oxidants. For example red and orange fruits like carrot, tomatoes and other vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, spinach etc and omega rich foods such as fish
Relax- Destress-Fill your life with positive energy.
Pls get me a gud south indian die chart to reduce my weight. I do exercise regularly both cardiovascular and weight training.
I'm a 21 years old woman and I always suffer from severe pain during my periods. Its always been this way since the beginning year. What could be the reason behind this?
I have lots of acne marks and pores on my cheeks so how can I get rid from this Please tell me a best solution I have also a weight problem so what can I do for this.
I am 24 years young boy. But I am fat. I would like to reduce my body weight. Please suggest some possible ways. I am working in night shift. Also suggest the diet schedule.
I am too thin. I try to eat more to become fat but I can't eat. It's always be like just full of stomach. Please give me a solution to gain weight.
Sir I am 23 year old and my body is too weak. My height was 175 cm and weight was 53 kg I am looking skinny. How can I make my body little fat. I am very shy on facing others.
I have non alcoholic fatty liver disease. what are the best remedies for fatty liver disease. Tried many remedies nine worked. Help.
More the stamina more will be the energy to perform all daily activities.
1. Eat Healthy
Food affects your body to a great extent. To increase your stamina you need to switch to a balanced diet. A well-balanced, low-fat diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables and lean meats keeps the body healthy and increases both physical and mental stamina. Try to eat frequently in small servings to keep your body steadily supplied with energy.
Exercise is one of the most effective solutions to increasing stamina. It may tire you in the beginning; however, it will increase the stamina and provide strength on the long run. Even mild but regular exercising can help a lot when it comes to building stamina.
3. Indulge in an Activity you Like
Choose an activity that you enjoy. If you like either running or cycling, then stamina-building is going to be lot easier for you. Run or cycle for few miles daily and you will feel the change soon. You would soon be able to go extra miles easily with ease. Such daily activities may also include swimming, boating or even jogging in the park to help increase your stamina.
4. Quit Smoking
Smoking affects one’s stamina to a great extent. If you are less involved in physical activities and smoke a lot, your stamina will go for a toss. To be high on stamina, make sure you smoke less and if possible, quit it once and for all.
5. Motivate Yourself
Motivation helps in building stamina. Think positive and concentrate on the goals that you have set for yourself. Avoid thinking about possible hindrances that you may experience. Involve friends in your stamina-building activities. Meditation may also help concentrate on the good things.
Rest is as important for improving stamina as any other activity. Take ample sleep and rest to feel full of energy while performing any of your stamina-building activities. A sound sleep can help you feel active throughout the day.
7. Prevent Illnesses
The most effective way to avoid catching those pesky office colds that drain your energy is to wash your hands regularly. Avoid touching your nose and eyes with your hands; don’t share cups, pens or phones with infected individuals.
8. Relax and Save Energy
Learn to relax under pressure. Deep breathing and imaging can help. Take a few deep breaths and imagine a beautiful scene. Worrying saps energy and can reduce stamina. Saving energy at such occasions can let you feel energetic for much longer during the day.
Cross-training is one of the most effective and safe ways to improve stamina and performance level as well as to avoid injury. Choose two or more activities that complement each other, such as weight training and trail running or biking and swimming.