Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. PavithraYour feedback matters!
Hi have problem. When I talk or spoke to others getting bad smell to others from my mouth .this problem have few years back to till. How can reduce n clear this problem. Plzz tel me solution.
I have pain in my teeth and dentist advised me for rct. But I breast feed my 6 months old baby. What medication should I take?
Sir how to reduce hairfall and depression while single and how to avoid getting tensions and Vasan has dental problem suggest him for solution.
I have a greenish or blackish type layer on my teeth on upper root side only in front teeth plzz suggest me a medicine for that.
My grandfather is 80 years of age and recently had ulcers in his mouth, so he was not able to eat properly. He has removed his jaw and is using the temporary ones to eat. But because of the ulcers, he cant eat, the doctors can't diagnose the problem and keep on changing the medicines. He has become very weak and wasn't able to stand the other day. His legs and hands are swollen and he is not a diabetic patient. Please advise what can I do? I have his prescriptions with me and can forward if required.
I am a 19 year old male. And I have bad breath problem how do I overcome on this problem I feel shy whenever I speaks with my friends please help me I did so many thing to avoid this problem parmenantly but not succeed give me a parmenant solution. Thank u.
Sir my father is having pain in left tongue. Doctor advised for biopsy but in place of this we move to ayurvedic treatment and from 7 months he was feeling comfort but from last few days he again feeling the same problem. We don't want to do biopsy because this disease may increase and spread by this. Can this problem destroy by ayurvedic or homeopathy treatment. He is 76 years old. Till now we don't know exactly what is problem.
An immune system disorder distinguished by dry mouth and dry eyes is known as Sjogren’s Syndrome. It can also cause dryness in places that require moisture, such as throat, nose and skin. Sjogren’s syndrome is often linked to other diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus (disease in which the immune system destroys its own tissues and causes inflammations). Sjogren’s syndrome normally affects people over the age of 40, and it mostly affects women.
Sjogren’s syndrome has mainly two symptoms, and they include:
- Dry eyes: You feel like there is sand in your eyes as it burns and itches
- Dry mouth: You have difficulty speaking or swallowing
Sometimes, you might experience other symptoms as well, such as:
- Joint pain, stiffness and swelling
- Inflamed salivary glands
- Dry skin or skin rashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Continuous dry coughs
- Sustained fatigue
The exact cause of Sjogren’s syndrome is not known, but research strongly suggests that the autoimmune disease could be caused by genetic factors; especially if the illness has been found in more than one member of the family. Also, families with members suffering from type I diabetes, lupus and autoimmune thyroid disease can cause one or more members of the family to develop Sjogren’s syndrome.
The complications of Sjogren’s syndrome include:
- Dental cavities: Saliva protects the teeth from harmful bacteria that cause cavities. Since your mouth is dry, you become more susceptible to develop cavities.
- Yeast infections: Oral thrush, an oral yeast infection, is likely to develop if you have Sjogren’s syndrome.
- Vision problems: Dry eyes can cause corneal ulcers, sensitivity and blurred vision.
- Problems in the lungs, liver or kidneys: Inflammations can lead to bronchitis or pneumonia in your lungs; may cause cirrhosis or hepatitis C in your liver; and may lead to kidney malfunctions.
- Lymphoma: Some people with Sjogren’s syndrome might develop lymphoma, or lymph node cancer.
Peripheral neuropathy: Another complication of this illness is peripheral neuropathy, which is a tingling, burning and numbness sensation felt in your feet and hands.
Sjogren’s syndrome is either treated with drugs, or with surgery. Doctors may prescribe drugs to increase the production of saliva and to treat inflammations. Alternatively, surgery is done to either seal the tear ducts or insert silicon or collagen plugs to close the ducts temporarily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am having a very serious pain and sensitivity in my teeth i cant eat or drink cold things what can I do?
I ve been suffering with some kind of mouth ulcer, nd that causing me mouth irritation nd its been 40 days nd its not going frm my mouth! Is it dangerous?
Is it advisable to extract all four wisdom teeth in one single surgery or it must be done one at a time? Dentist advised us to extract all four in one sitting but we doubt if it would be too painful to handle after the surgery.
My daughters aged 8 + has some gum problem. She can not bite guava/fruit directly. If the fruit is cut into pieces, then she can bite. If I ask her why she can not bite, she tells that she feels pressure in teeth resulting a bit of small pains in the gum. Please advice What will I do?
The signs of gingivitis are:
1. Bleeding gums, especially when brushing or eating
2. Redness and swelling of the gum.
The good news is that gingivitis can be reversed.
You might think it is best to stop brushing if your gums are red or puffy. Try to keep brushing, as this will get rid of the bacteria and plaque that is causing the problem. Soon the gums should look and feel better. If not, see your dentist for proper treatment.
I am 44 years old male. I am suffering from bad smell from my mouth. It is increasing day by day. I am brushing my teeth thrice in a day. How may I come out from this matter.
You may not look forward to a dental examination, but you can't avoid it. A dental checkup every six months is crucial to your dental health and to maintain that beautiful smile. Skipping a dental checkup may save you time and a little discomfort now, but can cost you much more pain, time and money in the long run.
Here are 6 reasons to maintain a regular dental check up schedule:
- Fight Cavities: A clean up is a big part of a dental examination. No matter how well you brush and floss, there will always be spots that you miss out on. With time, plaque and tartar can build up in these spots leading to cavities if not addressed in time. The worst part about cavities is that you can feel them only once the tooth has been damaged. Thus, if you skip your dental examination, you may need a filling instead of a simple cleaning.
- Prevent gum disease: Plaque and tartar affect not only your teeth, but your gums as well leading to diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis. These are marked by shrinking of the gums that makes teeth sockets loose and eventually lead to tooth loss. Gum disease treatment can be very painful and expensive hence it is best to get plaque and tartar cleaned regularly before they begin to cause a problem.
- A brighter smile: Your daily cup of coffee or tea can stain your teeth with time. Wine and cigarettes also contribute towards making your teeth look dull. A professional dental cleaning can help remove these stains and give you a brighter smile.
- Find hidden problems: X rays are also an important part of a dental examination. An X-ray can detect problems that lie under the surface like misaligned teeth, bone decay, tumors and cysts. These problems rarely show any symptoms in their early stages and hence without an X-ray you would have to wait for it to advance to a more painful stage before seeking treatment.
- Boost overall health: Regular dental checkups can also lower your risk for heart disease and stroke. In addition to checking your mouth, a dentist will also check neck, jaw and lymph nodes during a regular check up for swelling and other abnormalities. This can help in the early detection and treatment of a number of diseases.
- Detect oral cancer: Oral cancer is easily treatable if diagnosed in its early stages. However, the only way to diagnose this correctly is by visiting the dentist. A test for oral cancer is pain free and takes hardly any time.
So, think about it. Visiting the dentist may make you a little uncomfortable but in the long run is well worth.