Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Pavan KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi sir I am suffering from sever hair fall problems. Please give some natural tips to get rid if it. Thanks.
Under eye dark circles are a common appearance if you do not get the adequate hours of sleep or if you are subjected to stress over a prolonged period of time. However, if you notice the presence of under eye dark circles even after getting sufficient sleep, that might be a result of crater formation or swollen eyelids.
Causes of under eye dark circles
- Hereditary factors and constant exposure to the sun which might lead to an over-secretion of melanin (the pigment responsible for skin coloration).
- Dark circles might also occur if you randomly rub or scratch your eyes as an unconscious habit.
- Dark circles might also develop due to allergies or because of eczema (skin inflammation).
- Dark circles can also occur as a result of contact dermatitis (a condition wherein rashes develop accompanied by severe itching after coming in contact with a foreign substance).
- The gradual loosening of skin along with fats and collagen as you grow old can result in dark circles of reddish-blue hue.
- Excessive consumption of tobacco and alcohol might also form dark circles under the eyes.
Treatment for under eye dark circles
Under eye dark circles are not a serious medical condition and can be easily eliminated by means of the following procedures:
- In order to eradicate dark circles, you can opt for a procedure which combines aqua jet, glycolic peel (which helps to shed the affected skin in the under-eye region and initiate the natural reduction of the dark circles), microcurrent (which keeps the affected region duly hydrated) and associated home ingredients to strengthen the skin around your eyes.
- To prevent dark circles, you can also opt for a procedure which revitalizes the under-eye regions with the help of high platelet-containing plasma. The platelets help in the creation of collagen (the building block of the skin) that restores freshness of your skin. This procedure is completely safe as it is a natural one and does not come with any side effect.
In addition to the aforementioned procedures, you can also use a serum containing soy and rice peptides, yeast protein, hyaluronic acid, and extracts from seaweed.
When a new baby is born, he or she has soft, fine and downy hair called lanugo that disappears shortly after the birth. Normally hair on the scalp and other parts of body becomes thicker and coarser. In middle age, hair growth can be seen on the ears of men and women develop the same on face at the time of menopause. This is due to change in endocrine pattern.
Stages of Hair Growth:
- ANAGEN HAIR (Period of Active Growth): The stage when the growing is in process, the hair is called 'Anagen' hair. Anagen hair keeps on growing from two to five years. In Anagen hair, the cells of follicle grow, divide and are keratinized in order to make hair grow. Having keratin means that the base of the hair shaft is moist and soft and the rest of hair shaft above hair bulb is dark pigmented.
- CATAGEN HAIR (Period of Transition or Breakdown and Change): When the hair is under transition stage, which is from root to end, the hair is called 'catagen' hair. Catagen hair, begin transitional, live for about 7 to 15 days. During this transition phase, the growth activity of the hair stops. Growth of hair is not a continuous affair as some people think. Hair growing takes a resting phase during which no growth takes place and the roots of the resting hair become club-shaped. It is this condition that is called club hairs.
- TELOGEN HAIR (Resting Stage before Resumption Of Growth): Catagen hair live for some time and when they are in the state of rest without any change, they are called 'Telogen' hair. Telogen hair are also called club hair. They are in the state of rest for three to four months before they grow or are pushed from follicle due to growth of another hair or due to some harsh combing/ brushing or hard massaging/continuous drying of hair by hot hair-blower or in fight etc.
All these are mechanical reasons.
Factors that Influence the Hair Growth Age:
Growth of hair is fastest from the age of fifteen to late twenties. The hair grows faster and the rate of growth slows down when he hair have grown to its maximum. There is no limit to maximum but some doctors are of the opinion that this limit is three feel and when the hair are over three feet long, the growth rate drops to half the former growth rate.
- Nervous and circulatory system: The hair is affected by the state of the nervous system and circulatory system. This means that hair have a direct relation with functioning of the entire human organism, mind, sentiments, emotions and the body. Any such stimulation in the body by grief, emotions, etc. makes impact over the opulence of the nerve and blood supply to the head. If grief or emotions continue for some days, it affects the growth of hair.
- Chemicals & Drugs: Chemical and drug reactions also affect the growth of hair. The coloring of hair and dyeing of hair are virtually exposure to chemical reactions and many persons who dye or color their hair have retarded hair growth or encounter falling of hair.
- Heredity: The heredity/genes actually determine the hair density, growth and color of hair.
- Hormones: Hormonal change is one of the reasons for growth of hair. Your Hair ? An Index to your Health. Our hair is not just 'dead' protein it is a pointer to what is happening deep inside our body and mind. Hair has more to it than what appears on the surface. It says a lot more about us than what the stars foretell. The health of our hair and scalp provides us with insightful cues about a host of 'latent' health disorders. In addition, our hair, like our psyche, responds to both physical and emotional stressors, including underlying health deviations, much before apparent clinical symptoms manifest.
DRY, LIMP, THIN HAIR:
This may be a 'cursor' for hypothyroidism. In some cases, the 'tell-tale' sign is hair loss on the eyebrows, especially in the outer third of the eyebrow.
SCALY OR CRUSTY PATCHES ON THE SCALP:
This indicates psoriasis, a common skin disorder. It occurs when the skin for a toss, sending out flawed signals that accelerate the turnover and growth of skin cells. The detection of psoriasis can help us prevent and treat more serious condition- especially psoriatic arthritis, or painful swelling of the joints with scaly psoriatic distress.
It's customary to shed about 50-100 hairs a day. But, when hair appears to be coming out in 'clumps' it's time for action. A job loss can cause such hair loss. Likewise, about of flu or fever, illnesses like jaundice, typhoid and malaria can cause hair loss. Most importantly, diabetes and hypertension can also cause such hair loss, much before they may be clinically diagnosed.
DRY, BRITTLE HAIR BREAKS EASILY:
This kind of hair loss can be a sign of autoimmune disorders, early onset diabetes and thyroid disease.
GREY HAIR: This is no 'red signal' to be concerned that you are getting to 'look old' too early .It is a 'tell-tale' sign of stress, depression, or emotional anguish. However, diffuse grey hair at a young age may be indicative of thyroid problems and vitamin B deficiency. This problem is hereditary also.
I have this huge gap between my two front teeth. My friend told me to go for braces but I've heard they aren't for the gap but fot the distorted teeth. Also they're expensive. Is there any other cheap way to get it done!
My weight is increasing continuously day b day. And also I won't eat fast foods or I don't eat very much. What should I do to control my weight?
Sir, I have found many problems with my tooths. Like sensitive problem, cavity. Cavity is also on my front tooth, am use pespodent, dabur red, anchor etc toothpaste but these were not stop these problem. Doctor says me the holls in tooth are recovered by fill something in holl in fixing way. Some people says, if am fill my holls which in tooths, I have face many problems in my future. Please help me and give good advice to me. Thank you.
I am angry because of my job agent, he says that I am aggressive by nature just to cover his fault. I am angry now, don't know what to do cause he holds my 1 months salary,
I'm a diabetic patient and I used to take Lantus solostar at night for a couple of years, recently I changedmy my injection to Ryzodeg which is a mixture of insulin aspart and insulin degludec. My insulin is not stable now and increases or decreases. What do I do?
I am 21 years old girl with hairfall problems. Had tried many things said by people there is no effect? It's too thin what do I do for the growth n thickness?
Hello doc, my dad having wrinkles under eyes for past 1 week. It was not there before. Suddenly he got 3 lines of wrinkles under both eyes. Is it any symptom? How to cure this? Suggest some medicine. Thanks in advance.:-)
Hello Doctor I have itchy rashes in back of my thighs and in butt for past 2 months, I've been using coconut oil and tetmosol cream but no improvement is seen. Please suggest me a remedy. Thanks.
I have some red marks over the face, I have a oily typ of skin and had pimples, the level of pimples have reduced but those marks arnt off yet, please suggest me some home remedies or some ointment for such thing.
The problem is, I can't grow my bodyweight, and I'm foodies lover too, still 63 kg for the last five or seven years, is this good or should I gain my bodyweight?
I am 20 years old. I have dark circles nd I literally want to remove it. I am doing all the things like proper sleeping, eating food at time, using almond oil for eye massage, etc.but still it is there. Can you please suggest the best for me!
In the recent years, dental problems have been on a mercurial rise. Lack of proper knowledge and awareness (especially in the rural areas) makes the situation even worse. Dental problems can affect anyone, irrespective of their age and sex. Proper measures should be taken to deal with the problem effectively. People should be educated and made aware of the importance of practicing a good oral hygiene and dental care. In this regard, the Dental Public Health Education becomes very important.
As the name suggests, the dental public health work towards educating the people (in rural as well as urban areas) about oral and dental hygiene. It comes up with various campaigns, health camps and awareness programs (mostly government funded) to help people take care of their and their loved one's dental health. The aim of the dental public health work is to reach out to and, in the process, extend help to a wider mass.
In some of the campaigns, the dentists reach out to the children (in schools and colleges) and explain them the importance of a good dental health and the healthy dental practices they need to follow. Few of the initiatives and awareness programs have indeed been of great help to people.
The Dental Public health workers and specialists work on the competencies as directed by the Indian Dental Association, some of which are being mentioned below:
- Organizing and managing oral health campaigns and programs.
- Extensive research to deal with oral health problems of the public.
- Communicate with people regarding the various dental and oral health problems
- Measure the status of oral health through effective surveillance systems.
- Address individual (as well as population) oral health issues effectively.
- Promote and protect public oral health through public health regulations, policy, and legislation.
The Dental public health is thus, a non-clinical speciality, whereby trained and experienced workers works effortlessly to improve the oral health of communities rather than individuals. It is a broader term that touches upon the different aspects of dental and oral health (causes, symptoms, treatment, prevention, and precaution).
Advantages of the Dental Public Health Education:
The dental public health education and workforce are indeed a blessing that comes with a lot of oral health benefits:
- The dental public health (DPH) has helped create awareness, thereby lowering the incidences of tooth decay and plaque formation greatly.
- It has brought about a remarkable improvement in the overall health of the people.
- The DPH has successfully held campaigns and oral health camps in areas that have been left unattended and neglected for long.
- Campaigns organized in schools help children and their families to practice healthy oral hygiene.
- The action is at a community level so that maximum people can benefit from the programs and campaigns. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.