Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Patil P M
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Patil P MYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old. Having hypertension, I am on Telmisartan 80 mg. But bp isn't under control. Now also it's 220/110. No other complications. I am a vegetarian and non smoker, non alcoholic. Kindly help me out.
The heart pumps blood to various body parts so they function smoothly. When this blood flow is impaired, then the other organs also cannot function to their full capacity. A heart attack is when there is sudden, abrupt, complete blockage of this blood flow from the heart.
Over the past few decades, a heart attack is one of the major causes of death. With changing lifestyles, it is spreading its presence, and people in younger age groups are seen to have heart attacks. There are various risk factors which put one at a higher risk, though. Identifying these and working on them is a great way to reduce the chances of developing a heart attack. Read on to know the most effective eight ways in which you can prolong the onset of heart disease as well as improve the overall quality of life.
- Diet: You are what you eat. It is as simple as that. Eating a diet that is heart healthy not only helps in preventing heart attacks but also improves overall health. Ensure the diet has variety, is rich in omega fatty acids, less of saturated fats, rich in fiber with fruits and vegetables, and whole grains.
- Move it: The sedentary lifestyle added with the poor dietary habits are the major culprits for increased incidence of heart attacks. Exercise in any form – walking, jogging, running, cycling, gymming – good for the heart. It not only keeps you in good shape but also keeps your heart healthy and active. The risk of heart attacks is greatly reduced.
- Stress: This is believed to be a major reason for increased incidence of heart attacks. Find a way to manage stress that works for you – meditation, music, travel, exercise, etc.
- Weight: Weight management is extremely important for a healthy heart and overall health. The difference between those who watch weight and others is very obvious if you just look at people. As soon as you are above your limits, work on reducing it.
- Smoking: The hazards of smoking are multiple, and upping the chances of heart disease is one of them. Reducing or quitting smoking can change your quality of life in multiple ways, and reducing the incidence of heart attacks is just one of them.
- Readings: In addition to weight, ensure your blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol levels are maintained well. These are vital readings and are closely connected. They not just help in preventing heart attacks but in multiple other chronic conditions including diabetes and cancer.
- Stay happy: With all these, stay happy, have a good social circle. This helps improve health quotient to a large extent.
So, while a heart attack is beginning to spread its wings, there are definitely ways to control it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!