Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PatilYour feedback matters!
Gums bleeding and pain bleeding accumulate in sleep and during spit it appears any remedy pl suggest.
I am 25 years old male i am facing the gum bleeding problem and bad breathing when i am completed taking lunch or dinner or break fast after 10 or 20 min bad breathing will come to my mouth please give me suggestions i am using dabur red paste also.
I have no teeth problem. The problem is about the color of my teeth. Though they are a lot better when compared with others, but I feel they're becoming yellow day by day. And my lower jaw front teeth borders are fixed with dark yellow dirt. I try to clean it by brushing a bit hard daily morning, but I couldn't succeed. Will teeth cleaning by a dentist help my problem? People say that, if we once attend a dentist for cleaning, then we must make a habit of attending for regular cleaning. Is that true? I'm a kind a man who prefer natural solutions. They make appreciable suggestions. Thank you.
I have problem with my teeth everyday I will face problem because every morning blood has released so how can solve these problem?
Hi, Seems like My wisdom teeth is not growing as it should be. It has already been taken approx 3 months. Please advice. Thanks, Jogendra.
I have bad smell coming from my mouth despite brushing twice a day and using mouthwash at night. I suspect that it is something to do with my digestive system.
For most people, a visit to the dentist is not a routine affair, it is mandated by tooth pain or bleeding gums. Surveys have been conducted to understand this, and at least 50% of the people have a fear of dentists.
Listed below are some common reasons cited by people as to why they fear a dentist:
1. General Anxiety: Unlike a regular doctor's set-up, the dental office with its various equipment and materials can be quite intimidating for anybody. This is one of the main reasons most people fear going to a dentist. Whether it is the big X-ray equipment or the drills used on the teeth, the person walking into the clinic has a general fear.
2. Fear of embarrassment and negligence: As mentioned, most people go to the dentist when a symptom sets in. Visiting a dentist and opening the mouth reveals the negligence of the person in terms of oral health, and this is an embarrassment for most people.
3.Tooth removal: A decade or so ago, for most decayed tooth, removal would be the only problem. In such cases, especially if the tooth was grossly decayed, it would be removed, sometimes with use of multiple instruments and in small pieces. The recent advancements have reduced the instances of tooth removal, however, this is a major reason for people to fear a dentist.
4. Injection: The thought of having an injection in the mouth is another big no-no for most people. There could also be the possibility of having a bad experience with an earlier dentist, where there might have been more than a prick to get the anesthetic effect.
5. Fear of pain: In this major set-up, most people are not sure which instrument might be used on them and they fear that this can cause additional pain to the tooth that is already in pain.
6. Fear of getting bad news: The dentist will diagnose the problem and reveal bad news about the problem. This might involve not just complicated treatment but also can be quite expensive.
7. Connecting to a bad experience: In some cases, the person could have had a previous bad experience and this might prevent them from going to any other dentist. The bad memory always comes to the fore and prevents the person from going through another bad experience.
8. The use of drill: Whether or not the person in the clinic requires drilling, the mere sound of it puts off some people from visiting a dentist. Opening the mouth and getting a tooth drilled is one of the biggest fears for most people.
Walk into a dentist with none of these fears and you will be relieved of your dental and oral problems.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I think so my teeth are yellow first in 3 days and then in 5 months please tell me what should I do.
My mom is 45 years old and she have a problem of swelling of gums, when we asked the dentist he told due too excess use of your medicine of bp, headache, spondalises coz of that you be this problems and my mom vng this medicines of bp and all from last 10 years. Dr. Sugest of surgery any other option Dr. You have?
I am suffering from tongue broken disease. I have pain more .each and everyday my tongue is broken more and more. This feeling effect my top part of the tongue. So pls say precaution have this?
I'm 28 year old. I used to chew pan masala and now I have swallowing in my jaws. Feel stress in my cheeks. For last 3 months.
I'm suffering from halitosis. So what are the home remedies to get rid of this? Or any other medication?
Doctor. From last 15 days I am suffering from bad breath. Even I brush 2 times. And use mouthwash also. Can't reduce. What should I do.
Hi doc. Is it possible to recover from cavity naturally or any other way other than drilling and filling teeth.
Everybody wants that perfect smile showing off pearly white teeth, but not many have it. There is a constant try to improve the smile by making the teeth whiter and brighter. Teeth can be discolored intrinsically or extrinsically. They acquire different shades and sometimes even different colors like brown and black, making them stand out as extremely odd. Teeth change color either due to intrinsic or extrinsic reasons. Intrinsic is when minerals like fluoride get incorporated into the tooth, giving it white irregular spots. Aging also causes intrinsic staining, turning them to a pale yellow shade. This is more difficult to remove than the extrinsic coloring. Also, teeth change color due to extrinsic causes like food substances, smoking, medications, tobacco usage, poor oral hygiene, etc.
The introduction of tooth bleaching came as boon to those who were unhappy with their teeth color. Whitening can also be done in the dentist's office or at home by the patients themselves. Though over-the-counter bleaching agents are available, it is always advised to consult a dentist and then choose the appropriate material. The time of each application and the duration of the entire treatment are best decided by the dentist. The product provided by the dentist would be stronger and will produce quicker results than the ones available in the market.
At Home Bleaching: The dentist will take impressions of upper the lower jaws and fabricate customized trays. The right material is then chosen, which is applied on these trays and left in place for the desired amount of time. This needs to be repeated for a time decided by the dentist depending on how much whitening is desired. The desired color is usually achieved in about 4 weeks' time.
In-House Bleaching: This will require multiple visits to the dentist, usually about 1 to 3, of about 30 to 90 minutes each. The gums are first protected and then the bleaching agent is applied. It could require laser for activation in some cases. If the desired color is not achieved, it could be followed by a couple of applications at home. In some cases, there could be minor complications including gum irritation and increased tooth sensitivity. This is caused by the hydrogen peroxide, which is the standard component in all bleaching agents. The whitening process can be repeated at desired intervals to add that extra sparkle. Once the trays are fabricated, the bleaching agent can be used multiple times.
Teeth Whitening: Why You Should Talk to Your Dentist:
- Tooth bleaching can make teeth temporarily sensitive or be uncomfortable for people who already have sensitive teeth. When used incorrectly, home kits can also lead to burned and even temporarily bleached gums.
- Tooth whitening works best for people with yellow teeth and is less effective for people with brown teeth. If your teeth are gray or purple, tooth bleaching probably won't work at all.
- To be sure of tooth whitening is worth your time and money, talk to your dentist before you use an over-the-counter tooth whitening kit.
If you are not happy with the color of your teeth, talk to your dentist about what is the best method to change their color. The results could leave you surprised with a white, bright smile.