Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Patil C BYour feedback matters!
My cholesterol n triglycerides levels are high. I want to loose weight n keep my heart healthy. Can I take orlistat 60mg or what should I do.
Iam 23 years old male and iam having dark circles around the eyes and nose since iam 15years old. My parents are have dark circles too. It would be great if you kindly let me know what medication I need to take and also about what type of food should I intake and also preventive measures to control further. I thank you whole heartedly in advance for helping me in solving the prob ki em.
I am 48 years old, using BP tablets telemaxx 50mg, since last 3 days every half hour urine is coming, please suggest sir.
As an general consumer. What will be a good supplement to keep heart healthy? Garlic pearls or COD liver oil?
I am 52 years old male. Have marginal blood pressure 140 / 90 (sometimes 142 / 93). My weight is 76 kgs and my height is 174 cms. Lipid profiles are marginally under control. I am not taking any medicines. Is there any natural ways to control the blood pressure?
My name is Anjali saha. Of 72 I am a cardiac patient with HYT, THYROID, DB I have a blockade. Running heart medicine are DEPLLET75, eltroxin50, telmikind AMH40. Present I am suffering with an eye problem that is there is itching, accompanied by flowing with water and redness I have goggles with power from 16years AGE. Still I don't have any difficulties in seeing. APPLYING - OPTIVE FUSION DROPS. Doctor consulted me that THERE IS A new cataract which is just developing. But I don't want an operation now then how can I clear my problems.
My BP varies yesterday I get very stress. Doctor need some injection and tablets. I mean suffering from light headedness what I have to do to become normal.
I have bilateral tubal block. Now I wan pregnancy then what are the home remedies for this. Pls help me.
If I want to know what is my body status .like cholesterol ,sugar level of my body. Then what should I do.
Sir my Blood pressure is always high not mentsin the normal BP 120/80. It always 140+ and 90+, I am facing some mental illness due to this problem. Headache always. And breathing problems is also there. I am facing several problem regarding this. Mentally pressure is also there. Which type of medical I can used without side effect. No any other effect on body. Without side effect. Kindly provide me some suitable medicine without side effect.
I am a women of 40 year old and I am suffering from high blood pressure from last 4 months. What can I do to control it?
My blood pressure is getting low from past couple of day and I also changed two doctor but I have do not felling well what I ll do now.
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.