Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Patil. A
Submit a review for Dr. Patil. AYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir/Ma'am, I'm a 22 years old male. I had burning sensations and pain in my stomach. I took medications for it. The burning sensation and the pain are gone but I feel burning sensation in my esophagus and when I swallow food/water, sometimes I feel like something is stuck in my esophagus. The burning sensation is only when I eat spicy food or food with chillies. I took medications for stomach ulcer for 3-4 months. Plus I can see some ulcer in my throat. They are not curing and it's there from long.
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
- Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey: Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
- Cumin seeds: You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
- Mulethi (liquorice) and honey: You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
- White pumpkin juice: Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
- Buttermilk: You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
- Jaggery: You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent.
I am suffering from mouth ulcers from 3 weeks its too many inside. It has been better and worse time to time from 3 weeks.
I work in night shifts. Can I get some tips how to maintain diet. I have a gastric problem and sometimes I feel I'm not hungry bcoz of this.
She has problem in the rectum probably fissures or rectal prolapse / hemorrhoids she has a problem when she eats spicy food either there's no problem tell me what can happens in the future?
During my regular health check up. I notice I have a fatty liver but never the physician or anyone has made a note of it nor asked me to take any prescription. If fatty liver normal or what should I do.
From 2-3 month I am suffering from fissure problem. So please suggest me what I am to do and what kind of food to take.
Hi. I am 26 year old male. And since 5-6 days I am having a vibration like effect in my upper left chest area. It occurs on random timings and lasts for sometime or even couple of hours. First I thought this is due to acidity but isn't. I also have minor cough. Current heart rate - 76-80 BPM I want to know due to what this is occurring and the solution to this. I am quite worried about it.
I am experiencing hard stool tip then soft stool irritating a lot with gas formation in lower abdomen, irritates a lot while bowel movement with burning urination and also pee is usually warm and regularly urinate 7 to 9 times a day also I am taking medication for mild hydronephrosis and post void residual of about 120 ml also I experienced bright red blood in stool a month ago for few days and physician has prescribed medication for homoroid. Kindly suggest what to do.
One of the more severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis - The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease - People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's colitis - This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas,
- Ileitis - This type affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis - In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Despite the uncertainty as to the nature of the specific causes of Crohn's disease, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as:-
- Certain edibles
- Viruses or harmful bacteria
The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: This can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in more severe cases.
- In rare cases, there may be blood in your stool.
- In more intense cases, you may even develop a fever.
- Cramping and intermittent belly pain.
- Anemia, due to a reduction in iron levels caused by bloody stools.
- Weight loss.
- Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus, called anal fissures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!