Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 29 years old with 29 weeks and 6 days pregnancy. Wanted to know can I eat dry fruits in limited quantity since everyone says it should be eaten in 9th month.
Good morning doctor, Please is it okay to take watermelon immediately after menstrual period and what are the benefits.
I am 26 yrs female and I am pregnant. And my question is my weight is constant as compared to last month. Suggest me proper diet in pregnancy coz there is no one to look after me.
An often painful condition usually involving the bowel, ovaries or the tissue lining the pelvis, endometriosis is characterized by the abnormal growth of the endometrial tissue beyond the premises of your uterus or your pelvic region. The endometrium, in fact, functions perfectly normal with each menstrual cycle, but because of it being displaced, it cannot exit the body and consequently gets trapped.
Besides causing severe pain and distress, endometriosis can also adversely affect fertility. When the ovaries get involved, certain cysts known as endometriomas tend to develop which often result in the formation of scar tissues and adhesions.
Complications associated with it
- Infertility: Impaired fertility is the most common kind of complication arising from endometriosis, with approximately one-third to one-half women having problems with pregnancy. During endometriosis, the fallopian tube gets obstructed, thereby restricting the union of the egg and sperm.
- Ovarian cancer: Women with endometriosis are more likely to suffer from ovarian cancer. Moreover, they are also more susceptible to acquiring endometriosis related adenocarcinoma, which is another variant of cancer, but a comparatively rarer phenomenon.
How best to treat it?
Depending upon how severe your symptoms are, endometriosis can be treated via the use of medications or through the advent of surgery.
- Pain medications: Certain medications, including pain relievers and anti-inflammatory drugs, are particularly useful in providing relief to painful menstrual cramps.
- Hormone therapy: Undergoing hormonal therapy can help ward off or reduce the pain of endometriosis, but it should be kept in mind that it is only a temporary fix and that symptoms might reoccur. Hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: This can either be done through laparoscopy or, in more extensive cases, through traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive techniques: These include in-vitro fertilization, and are sometimes more preferable over conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: This is usually done in more severe cases of endometriosis whereby ovaries are also removed with uterus and cervix
Agar period regular Na ho toh pregnant hone ka chances kam hota h kya? I mean to ask that can I be pregnant if I missed my period for 3 months.
If intercourse is done during unsafe days but protected intercourse are there chances of preg nd wat are the ways to avoid it cn pill be taken in case if sex is done during unsafe days but it is protected.
Had my last monthly period beginning on 5 May and had unprotected sex 18 May but he did not ejaculate in me and took emergency pill 3 hours after the incidence. Now I've not had my period till now and am overdue. Took home pregnancy test on 8 June but came back negative, again on 17 June and still came out negative and the 30 June still negative. Could I be pregnant or is it the pill that has caused change in my cycle. But sometimes I feel some pains at my abdomen like my period is coming but nothing comes out and the pains do last for like a day. Please what should I do.
I have a wife of 18 years age. Married few days back. I had an unprotected sex with my wife. Last month 12th was when my period started. So what are her chances of being pregnant.
In general weaknesses / loss of libido
Take seed out of 3 -4 fresh dates
Boiled in a glass of milk add crushed almonds boil it.
Take it twice weekly
U guys gona rock!
Hi Doctor, My wife is pregnant with 13 weeks. Now she is facing head ache on every two three days. She is taking below medicine: Hcg inj. Twice in month during first trimester (5000iu) Proluton depot (250) every week during first trimester. Both injections course is completed. Other medicines are duvadilan retard daily. One folic acid tablet daily and doxinate of for nausea. Ultrasound scan at three month is good. Can you pl. Suggest for headache and other medicines if required. Dr. Has suggest injections as her earlier pregnancy was unsuccessful because of blighted ovum. Pl. Suggest for headache and other medicines if required. Thanks and regards.
I am 23 years old boy and I have problem of gas. Actually my diet is very irregular. Sometimes I take dinner or lunch sometimes not. I am feeling this problem from last 2 years. I am not taking any medicine. Please give me some advice.
I am 27 years old women. I just marred in 25th nov. My period starting date is 13th in a month but today 15th but no activity like that.
I am 25 years old female and I have certain problem during the pregnancy I have 7 month baby right now my problem is itching my whole body and at the night my palms and heels so what can I do for it.
I am having tingling sensation and numbness in my hands n fingers since a day, it has been often since two months. Having hashimoto thyroiditis. I am taking 125micromg eltroxin tab. Recent tsh was 9.3. What is the reason behind this weakness and tingling sensation of hands and fingers that persists for long. Together with this I feel drowsy also, sum times. CBC, ESR, create, URINE TEST, ANA TEST all are Normal.
Lung diseases are some of the most common diseases suffered by human beings throughout the world. Smoking and infections are responsible for most lung diseases. The lungs perform one of the most important functions of the body. It is also one of the most active organs in the human body and hence lung problems can arise due to problems in any other part of the body.
Some of the most common and infectious lung diseases are discussed below...
- Asthma: Asthma is a common long term disease which is characterized by reversible airflow obstruction and bronchospasm. The symptoms of asthma include coughing, shortness of breath and tightness of chest. These symptoms may occur frequently during a day and depending on the person, it may become worse during night or during a certain exercise.
- Pneumonia: Pneumonia is another common lung problem which is suffered due to inflammation in the microscopic air sacs in the lungs known as alveoli. Symptoms of pneumonia include dry cough, chest pain, breathing problem and fever. Pneumonia is caused most commonly by viruses or bacteria. It is also caused by certain medications and conditions which are popularly known as autoimmune diseases. There are a number of vaccines available to prevent certain types of pneumonia. Other methods include hand washing and refraining from smoking.
- Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis is a very infectious disease which is caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Although tuberculosis generally affects the lungs, but it has been known to affect other parts of the body as well. Symptoms of tuberculosis include cough containing sputum with blood, night sweats, fever and weight loss. Air is an active medium for spreading tuberculosis. This happens when people who already have tuberculosis sneeze, cough or speak. Infection occurs more in those who have HIV/AIDS or those who smoke. Prevention of tuberculosis includes staying away and keeping those who are at high risk, early detection and treatment and vaccination.
- Mesothelioma: Mesothelioma is a type of cancer which affects the lungs. It affects the lining of the lungs and chest wall. Symptoms of mesothelioma include shortness of breath, swollen abdomen, cough, chest pain, weight loss and general lethargy. Mesothelioma is caused mainly due to exposure to asbestos. Those people who mine asbestos, produce products from asbestos, work with asbestos products are at high risk. Mesothelioma also results from genetical problems and due to infection caused by the simian virus 40.
- Pulmonary Embolism: This is a disease caused due to blockage of an artery in the lungs by a substance which has travelled from another part of the body by the bloodstream. Symptoms of this disease include chest pain, breath shortness and coughing up of blood. There may also be signs of blood clot in the legs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.