Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Parvathi JawalYour feedback matters!
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full-term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
- Submucosal fibroids
- Previous sterilization treatment
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments. In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hi doc, my husband he is 36 years and I'm 28, we got marriage in 2014 Dec, after getting married my husband's weight increased a lot a n d he s nw 112 kgs and I'm 50 kgs, already I got an abortion in month of April 2016, can we plan for another baby now, will it cause any problem while having sex, after abortion my weight is not gaining, even my face skin became very dull, Dark and rough, even I'm suffering from very bad dark circles, some times I get back pain please suggest me what to do how do I get free from dark circles and how to get my weight back.
Hi Mujhe periods issues hai. Mujhe periods time per nhi aate nd mere personal part i am itching bhi hoti hai.
My doctor suggest to take ccq 100 mg 2 to 6 days. Meprate 18 to 27 10 mg one tablet per day. Am trying to get pregnant for 1 year. My periods regular. 28 days. Now am 31 day. When to take pregnancy test? Am I pregnant?
I had sex with my girlfriend 2 weeks ago and I did not enter my penis into her vagina but pre ejaculation had taken place. She had her periods just after two days of we had sex. Can she be pregnant?
Popping pills is something we cannot do away with completely. But something that should also be kept in mind is that every drug is used for one of its particular property, which is healing, but on the other hand, it also has, almost always, the not-so-nice effects. These side effects could sometimes be as simple as nausea or itching to something as serious as shooting up blood sugar levels.
Talking of side effects, do you know that Viagra was originally used for pulmonary hypertension and its side effect was improved performance in patients with erectile dysfunction (ED). Viagra thus, became the famous magical blue pill for patients with ED. On the other hand, there are quite a few drugs that can lower your libido levels.
Listed below are some of the regularly used medicines that can impact your sexual life:
- Antihypertensives: Medications that are aimed at reducing blood pressure (diuretics and alpha and beta adrenergic blockers) have a negative effect on the sexual life. Switching drugs after medical consultation is an alternate.
- Antidepressants: With depression on the rise, more and more people are prescribed antidepressants, especially the selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) and Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs). Both these increase the mood, but lower the libido, in up to 50% of the patients. Added amount of cardio workout could be a workaround for patients on SSRIs. Reducing the dose of TCAs could help improve sexual function.
- Proscar: Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) is a common condition seen in aging men, and finasteride is used for its treatment. This prevents conversion of testosterone to its active form and thereby, reduces sexual function. Surgical correction of BPH could be an alternative.
- Antihistamines: Common cold cures like diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine affect sexual life too. The good news is that these drugs are cleared out of the system within 24 hours and the side effect does not last long either. In patients who might need these chronically, this side effect should be borne in mind.
- Anti-seizure drugs: Drug like terbetrol which is used to cure seizure does the same for the sexual act, which is physiologically akin to a seizure -impulse traveling slower along the nerve. If noticed, an alternative medication should be used.
- Opioids: For severe chronic pain, Vicodin and Oxycodone are used, but these reduce testosterone levels and thereby, reduce sexual drive too. Use of testosterone creams could be a substitute.
In all these cases, the key is to have a discussion with your doctor as soon as you realize it could be affecting your sex life.
What is a biological problem if I am going to marry a man who is 1 year younger than me. Does it make any problem in pregnancy or to a baby? I need a advice from you.
Me and my wife had sex last month feb 27, 28 in her unsafe days intentionally expecting for baby. Last month she had her periods on 19feb and This month her date must be 20 march. She is regular in her periods. No delay in her happenings. Still she dint get her periods. Today is 29 march. Will she be pregnant. Please advise when to check for pregnancy test. We are eagerly waiting for a baby.
I am 25 years old, married. My weight is 43. From last month I am having irregular champs. Usually my periods complete in 5-6 days but now it is extending 10-13 days. In first 7 days I am having light and brown periods. Then suddenly it flows heavily. Pls suggest me wat to do because I am worried about my health. And in every 2 hours I am getting hungry.
I am 22 years old and got married recently, i.e 11 months completed. I am suffering with a problem which is bleeding after sex. What is the problem and what should I do to solve it. I am feeling so tensed of it.
I have taken abortion pills after that my vagina has become so loose. Is there any medicine for tightening it।
Doctor am 5 months pregnant so can I eat jack fruit in my pregnancy? Is it safe to eat during pregnancy or it will harm my baby?
I am 31 years old and overweight. Height 155 cm and weight 80 kg. I am suffering from thyroid problem and taking medicines for it. I am now planning to conceive. What are probable health risks I can face related to pregnancy? can I practice yoga and light exercises during pregnancy? please reply Thanks.
Hi actually maine ye puchna tha agar first baby surgeon hua ho to 6 years ke baad normal hone ke chances hote hai ya nhi.
Well-chosen eating practices have much to offer athletes:
1. Fuel to train and perform at the elite level
2. Optimum gains from the training program
3. Enhanced recovery between workouts and between events
4. Achievement and maintenance of an ideal body mass and physique
5. Benefits from the many health-promoting components of food
6. A reduced risk of injury, overtraining fatigue and illness
7. Confidence in being well-prepared to face competition
8. Consistency in achieving high-level competition performances
9. Enjoyment of food and social eating occasions at home and during travel
Despite these advantages, many athletes do not meet their nutrition goals.
Common problems and challenges include:
1. Poor knowledge of foods and inadequate cooking skills
2. Poor or outdated knowledge of sports nutrition
3. Lack of access to dietitians /nutrition
4. Professionals or other credible resources
5. Inadequate finances
6. Busy lifestyle leading to inadequate time to obtain or consume appropriate foods
7. Poor availability of good food choices
8. Frequent travel
9. Indiscriminate use of large amounts of supplements or failure to use evidence based supplements and sports foods in the appropriate way.