Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Partha ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am 23yrs I have stones in kidneys. I am treatment past 3months. But not remove stones my kidney. Tel me any suggestion.
Is frequent urination is serious problem? I have this problem of frequent urination from 5- 6 months. My sugar level is normal, I don't drink much water, So what is the reason behind this? Please give me suggestions.
I have kidney problem (infection, not sure but there is possibility of kidney stone), and high concentration of gastric acid. Can I take a regular medicine that contain aluminum and magnesium hydroxide?
No Blood, No needle, No visit to hospital, you can do yourself at home with water. A thin layer of transparent screen like structure hangs in front of the abdominal muscles known as peritoneum. This peritoneum protects the abdominal structures and the muscle. This can also be used for performing dialysis which is carried out when the functioning of kidney gets affected. In peritoneal dialysis a thin and soft catheter is placed in the person’s belly one week before performing the procedure.
The catheter has numerous holes in order to facilitate the transformation of fluids. Dialysis solution is prepared in a bag and the tubing is connected to the catheter placed in the abdomen thereby, the fluids absorb the waste materials from the body. The fluid is allowed to stay in your body for a particular period of time which is commonly referred as dwell time and later the fluid is drained out.
There are two types of peritoneal dialysis, continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and automated peritoneal dialysis. This is the simple form of dialysis which anybody can perform after a short training period and this can be done anywhere in clean private place like hotels, home and even in office.
Procedure followed during Peritoneal Dialysis
All you need to perform a peritoneal dialysis is catheter and transfer set, cycler, dialysis solution and safety precautions materials to stay away from getting infections.
Step 1 - Perform a sterile aseptic technique. Wear a glove and surgical mask before connecting the catheters and transfer set. Clamp the tubing and remove the catheter once the dialysis solution enters your abdomen
Step 2 - Allow the solution to remain in your abdomen for a particular period of dwell time
Step 3 - Drain the fluid from the abdominal cavity into the drain bag. You may feel a mild tugging sensation when adequate amount of fluid is drained.
Step 4 - After drain close or clamp the transfer set and later flush a fresh solution directly to drain bag so as to remove the air from the tubing.
Step 5 - Close your drain bag and open your transfer set and refill your belly with fresh solution.
Make sure you perform without giving way for infection and excess fluid and dextrose absorption. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I'm suffering from spondylolesthesis with transection of spinal cord atl1-l2level with overlapping of veribral1over l2 which develop kyphoscelosis with bladder bowel involment since 25 year.
Sir I am born with one kidney now I am 28 years old and not have any problem, please suggest what is the reactions of kidney problems, Is it is regulated on sexual life.
Sir, my wife, aged 46 yrs. Diagnosed with two kidney stones (left side) of less than 3mm size. She feels pain sometimes. Consultation with urologist done. As per him no need to any medication, drink plenty of water. Sir, any medicines are there in homeopathy? if there kindly give your precious suggestions and guide us. Thanking you
Sir I am 33 year I'm suffering from kidney stones last 3 month what is the best treatment for this problem please tel me best treatment THANKS.
When I am going to toilet at last minute of urine the liquid lubricant type substance come out. At last urine time. But it not come daily but weakly. please tell me. Wat can I do.
I am 26 year old male. I am not taking any alcohol. Non - Smoker. But still my liver range is sgot-55 Sgpt-115 I am having kidney stone near about 3.5 mm in 2012. 4 years back but not now. I am taking Udiliv from last 2 months. But they are not effective. Please suggest any medicine . How I can reduce these ranges .
My problem urine track burning. When passing urine that time only. I already had lots of anti biotics to eat but problem is not solve. My sgpt 57.62. What is symptom of urine burning. So please advice.?
I feel I need to pee but nothing comes out or little bit burning and feeling tense that time when I do pee and also feel perspire.
When I am eating I am feeling to vomit and I have problem in my urin its irritate while urination and not able to take diet in proper ways suggest me what to do.
I have a question that I am suffering from urine infection very frequently, felt pain when urine is passing.
You're said to suffer from the problem of acute kidney failure if your kidneys suddenly stop working and lose their ability to eliminate waste materials including excess fluids and salts from the blood. The condition usually develops quickly over a few days or even a few hours. When this happens, waste materials accumulate in your blood, disrupting the chemical balance of your bloodstream.
So, what causes this problem?
Acute kidney failure can occur because of any one of these reasons:
1. A drop or slowdown of blood flow to the kidneys - Adequate blood circulation to the kidneys is of great importance as without it the kidneys may end malfunctioning. If blood flow to the kidney is hampered, a part of or the entire kidney may die. You may suffer from acute kidney failure if blood flow to the kidneys gets impaired due to conditions like
- Heavy blood loss
- Sepsis (body's inflammatory reaction to an infection, which can bring about organ failure, tissue damage, and death)
- Use of certain drugs
- Heart disease
2. Urinary obstructions - A sudden blockage that hampers your kidney's ability to eliminate urine can also bring about acute kidney failure. When this happens, it leads to a build up of toxins in the body, causing an overload of the kidneys. Conditions that bring about this urinary obstruction include:
3. Disease within the kidneys - Even instances of clotting within the blood vessels of the kidneys can lead to acute kidney failure. This is because if the movement of blood cells within the blood vessels gets hampered, kidneys are not able to filter out toxins from the body. The conditions and diseases that may cause clotting, and subsequently damage to the kidneys include:
- Scleroderma (an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissues and skin)
- Build-up of cholesterol deposits
- Glomerulonephritis (an inflammatory condition of the kidney's ball-shaped structures called glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition that occurs due to untimely death of red blood cells)
- Lupus (a disorder of the body's immune system that brings about damage to the body's own organs and tissues). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.