Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I had sex with my girlfriend. Before the her periods start and we use protection but now my girlfriend miss there periods what should I do now?
Hi, Before 2 days of mensuration period I did intercourse with my husband and accidentally he came inside me for that I took an i-pill but I don't know what happened my periods didn't came suddenly just after a week I checked with pregnancy kit it is showing i'm pregnant I don't know what to do know i'm studying llb and I don't want baby at this period of time please help me out what should I do i'm just 1 week pregnant there is any complication if I abort or how should I abort it please help me out.
Hey. I am 8 months pregnant. Sometimes I have back pain n burn like feeling under lower abdomen. please suggest me some back pain relief exercises.
I am 28 year old suffering with pcod and weight gain. Please suggest me weight loss medicine. Now I am taking only glycomet 500. Please help me.
5 foods that fight water retention
Fluid or water retention is a health condition in which there is an excessive buildup of fluids in the body and as a result, the feet swell up the first. While there are medicines which help combat this situation, there also exist foods which act against this situation, hence, should be consumed regularly. Salt should be avoided if you are experiencing water retention.
1. Melons: fruits which have a high content of potassium are good for reducing water retention. It is a good idea to start the day with fruits like melons and citrus fruits.
2. Nuts: nuts have vitamin b6 which works against the bloated feeling one gets when there is water retention.
3. Water: odd it may sound but when your body is dehydrated and in needs water, you can face water retention. In such cases, drink ample water for the swelling to subside. Make sure you drink at least eight glasses of water and enough before going to sleep. If drinking plain water is a pain, then add slices of lemon, mint leaves and grated ginger in the water.
4. Salmon: it is one super food which is loaded with omega-3s that is good for our health and act against water retention. You can also have flax, herring, mackerel, and tuna.
5. Green leafy vegetables: blot fighting goods like watercress, celery, tomatoes, carrots, onions, and peppers should be included in daily diet. It is always a good idea to have a salad during meals.
In case water retention is of long duration, must consult a doctor to rule out any medical problem leading to excessive water retention.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I used urine home pregnancy test kit of 2 different different company one is prega news and 2nd other company. Both give some result that is negative. This result is 100% true and reliable? Can I believe that result? Tell me please dr.
I am 26 yes old girl. I have problem with sexuality. I don't feel any feeling during sex. Even my partner touch my private parts. We never enjoyed sex. However my boyfriend touch my private parts many times. But I don't feel that feeling up to the mark. However I feel good when he kiss me. But it not upto the sex enjoying level. My period is normal. Kindly suggest do I have any problem.
I want baby could you tell me in which time period we are doing sex where maximum possibility for baby after monthly period of my wife.
Hello sir/ madam I am suffering from vaginal yeast infection. N severe itching. please help me to get rid of this. I am unmarried. Thank you.
Can a female take meprate after 10- 12 days of miss period and what should be the dose and how many to take in a day. Does meprate may cause of too much bleeding from vagina.
I have pain in my left butt and thigh since I have taken an injection of pain on 31 july. As I was having period pain. Pain has increased from last 3 days. please help.
Quinoa is considered to be one of the world's healthiest foods. It is gluten free and high in protein. It is among the few plants which contain all 9 essential amino acids. Quinoa is also rich in fiber, iron, potassium, phosphorus, Vitamin E, vitamin B and other beneficial antioxidants.
Here are 11 health benefits of quinoa:
- Quinoa comes in red, white and black colors. It is an edible seed and becoming very trendy among the people who are health conscious. It is loaded with the richness of many important nutrients.
- There are many trace nutrients present which are very healthy for the body. These include flavonoids which are basically the plant antioxidants which have beneficial effects on the health. Quercetin and Kaempferol are flavonoids and are found in large amounts in quinoa. Both these molecules have anti viral, anti inflammatory, anti cancer and anti depressants effects.
- Very high in fiber, much higher than most grains: It is high in fiber, but boiled quinoa has less fiber in it as it is absorbed by the water. It has almost 17-27 grams of fiber per cup.
- Gluten-free and perfect for people with gluten intolerance: A gluten free diet is considered to be healthy as long as the starches are not refined as this causes a problem. If gluten foods with refined sugars are consumed they are equal to consuming junk food. Quinoa is a natural gluten free product and is used in gluten free recipes. This increases the nutrient value and the antioxidants of the gluten diet.
- Amino acids make up the protein. Some of these amino acids are known as essential as we need to get them through diet. Many plant foods are deficient in some essential amino acids like lysine. But quinoa is an exception, as it contains all the nine amino acids.
- The glycemic index is usually done to measure the blood sugar levels. On eating foods high in glycemic index, it can stimulate the hunger and leads to obesity. The glycemic index of quinoa is 53 which is low.
- Certain nutrients like magnesium, potassium, zinc and (for women) irons go missing from the diet. Quinoa is very high in all these minerals, especially magnesium.
- Quinoa can lower blood sugar and triglyceride levels thus improving metabolic health.
- Quinoa appears to be very high in antioxidants, which are increased even further after the seeds are sprouted.
- Helps in losing weight as quinoa is high in fiber, protein and has a low glycemic index.
- Quinoa is very easy to include in diet.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I have bleeding irregularly after my period ends from previous 8 months. What remedy or tablet taken to cured. Please recommend me some drugs.
I am 24 years old. Since last 9 months I have been having scanty periods. Light red bleeding lasting only 3 days . My normal period would last 5 days with proper bleeding. I took ayurvedic medicine for 3 months and for 3 months my periods were fine. But again as soon as I stopped the medicine they started becoming scanty. In Aug 2015 I had a scan that showed polycystic appearing ovaries I haven't taken any tests or treatment for it. I will definitely go to a gynecologist now and get required tests done. As off now. I am worried about this one thing. I read on the net that scanty periods is due to high prolactin which is caused by tumor in pituitary gland. Is this true? I understand a doctor can give diagnosis only after testing but Going by my symptoms does it look like tumor? I am otherwise very healthy. I am not overweight. Even though my periods are scanty I get them regularly. I don't smoke drink and my exercise includes yoga and brisk walk. Also just a week before I am about to get my periods I started breaking acne on forehead which goes away immediately after periods. Please help. Does this problem look worrisome?
Being healthy and happy is a state of mind. Yet, it is also a choice that we make consciously or subconsciously. The way we choose to live and how we respond by matter of habit or choice, to the various life events and situations thrown at us, pretty much decides how our hormones, blood pressure and other factors behave in the long run. Anxiety and general unhappiness have been found to share a deep link with the quality of one's health. So let us look at the common mistakes we make, backed by science, which may be keeping us from health and happiness.
- Avoiding Connections: What really happens when we do not cultivate relationships with people whom we can laugh and cry with? You end up bottling things up inside and do not get an outsider perspective that can help you take things in a lighter vein or from a different, often more justified perspective.
- Endorphins: Also, when you do not have someone you can laugh with, especially during stressful times, you end up supressing hormones like the endorphins which are known to be natural pain relievers too!
- Sitting All Day: If your job or lifestyle involves the sedentary act of remaining seated, you are first of all, asking for neck and shoulder pain in the long run. That besides, you are also losing your fast paced metabolism due to the lack of activity and this can also fuel the build up of toxins which may lead to chronic and potentially fatal diseases in the future.
- Victim of your Own Thoughts: Over exposure to too many ideas can never be a good thing. In this day and age of social media and instant access, we never seem to be short of opinions, no matter how irrelevant. When we start to find our own truth in someone else's reality, we end up playing the victim card in our relationships due to these misplaced opinions. This leads to problems like helplessness which can become anxiety and paranoia in the long run.
- Food: Too much junk or too many fad diets can ruin the chemical balance and good health of your being. Binge eating or emotional eating due to anxiety, boredom and ready availability of food can also give rise to eating disorders and weight gain which in turn, can lead to problems like diabetes, high cholesterol and other such problems.
Exercising, eating right and taking time to breathe and listen to people around you will help in fostering a better lifestyle with more human connections. This is especially important for people living in nuclear families with stressful jobs.