Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Paresh BbYour feedback matters!
Antiperspirants can cause breast cancer
A) True or False
You may have heard that chemicals in antiperspirants can get into your body through razor nicks and cause breast cancer. If this idea makes you break out in a cold sweat, here’s some peace of mind: Experts say there’s no evidence this is true.
My wife 's cousin suffering from breast pain and she is 15 years old she is living jakarta with parents could please tell me there is a doctor who join lybra+e and they comfortable to talk.
How does cancer occurs? How can we identify the cancer. And how can be prevent the cancer? What are the medicine to cure cancer?
Oral cancer is the uncontrollable growth of cells called tumors that invade and damage the tissues surrounding it is in or around the mouth. Oral cancer, like all other types of cancer, is life threatening if not diagnosed and treated in the early stages. There are eight types of oral cancer namely cancer in the throat, sinuses, hard and soft palate, floor of the mouth, gums, cheeks, tongue and lips. Dentists are usually the first ones to notice and detect the signs and symptoms of oral cancer. This condition is also known as oral cavity cancer. The risk factors and symptoms of oral cancer are mentioned below.
The symptoms of oral cancer, especially in the first stages, seem non-threatening and similar to common oral problems. However, visiting the doctor is mandatory to rule out cancer as an option. If you suffer from one or more of the following symptoms, visit your dentist immediately.
- Thickenings and swellings, lumps or bumps, crusts, eroded areas or rough spots on the lips, gums or surrounding regions inside or around the mouth.
- Bleeding in the mouth that is unexplainable.
- Persistent sores near and around the mouth or throat that bleed easily and may take more than two weeks to heal.
- Unexplained numbness or pain and tenderness in the mouth, throat or face.
- Development of patches, which are usually speckled, red or white in the mouth.
- Sudden weight loss.
- Excruciating pain in your ear.
- Loose teeth.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Lumps in your neck.
- Stiffness or pain in your jaw.
- Pain in your tongue.
- Dentures that fit poorly.
Men above 50 years of age face the greatest risk of developing oral cancer. Women are at a much lower risk of developing oral cancer than men. The following factors increase your risk of developing oral cancer:
- Smoking cigarettes, cigars or pipes
- Snuff, dips or chewing tobacco
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- History of oral or other types of cancer in the family
- Chronic sun exposure, especially facial exposure
- Sexually transmitted virus such as HPV
- Diagnosed of oral cancer previously.
Sir Tell treatment of blood cancer. Any possibility to facing final stage person to come real life. Any hope.
I have prostate cancer at stage 4.Gleason score 8.Now my legs are partially paralysed that I can't walk or move. At whole body bone scan it has been seen that the diseases spread to bone & I had a tumor at D5 which has been removed by surgery. My testes also removed to stop supply of testosterone. Please tell me can I be able to walk & can I be cured? Please help me doctors.
Those who inherit damaged copy of bra 1 from parent have a greater chance of developing breast n ovarian cancer. As a faculty bra1can not repair damage DNA
My father is suffering from oesophagial cancer, now he is unable to eat or even drink anything since 25 days. What should we do, we r really worried, any suggestions will help, thnku in advance,
I am 50 yr. Old, one tumor on right site eye above 3finger, and another right side of chest below (bagal) tumor, I want to surgery, please Give me your advice or what can I do, sirji. Please Guide to me.
While I urinate sometimes my urine flow is weak other time it is absolutely normal. Specially when I wake up in the morning. And sometimes when I terminate my urination few drops dribble downwards. Nor always but sometimes. I don't wake up in the night to urinate. Do I have any prostate problems? I am just 22 years old. I have done urine test. It's normal.
Ultrasonography report says Urinary bladder: Normally distended. Irregular bladder wall thickening 4 mm. PVR-200 cc Prostrate: Enlarged in size (vol-32 cc) Urologist suggests surgery. But age is 75+ Is it good to go for surgery? Pl. Guide.
Doctor. My mother have breast cancer. 20 days before we have operated and removed one breast. That was type 1a cancer. Now they prefer to do hormone therapy. Is it really correct treatment. If it is correct. Wat ll be the side effects of harmone therapy.
Hello my age is 23 and suffering from erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation from many years means to say premature ejaculation from when iam 16 years old and erection problems from 1-2 years I am unable to hold my erections and cant get full proper erections please suggest me the permanent cure of my problems and let me know is there any possibility of enlarge prostate and for your help I have my stomach scanned and my kidneys r normal so please tell me can my problems be cured permanently and how much time does it take for the treatment.
Non Hodgkin Lymphoma is when the cells in your lymphatic system become cancerous. The lymphatic system is responsible for fighting off diseases, which may attack your body. Initially, tumors develop from the lymphocytes in your body. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is much more common than the other type of lymphoma which is Hodgkin lymphoma. There are various types of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma; the most common of which are diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and follicular lymphoma. Here is everything you need to know about Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
1. Swollen lymph nodes: A swollen lymph node in the neck, underarm and armpit which comes about without any pain is a very common symptom of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
2. Fever: When you have a sudden unexplained fever, it may be due to Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
3. Night sweats: Night sweats are simply when you sweat excessively in the night.
4. Fatigue: Feeling extremely tired can be due to Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
5. Weight loss: A sudden unexplained loss of weight is a very common symptom of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
6. Itchiness: An itchy skin is a rather serious indicator of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Just like other forms of cancer, it is not known what causes Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, but there are factors, which put you more at risk compared to others.
1. Immunosuppressive drugs: You are most likely to develop Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, especially after taking immunosuppressive drugs after a major organ transplant.
2. Bacteria and viruses: Certain bacterial and viral infections cause Non-Hodgkin lymphoma including the HIV and Epstein-Barr virus as well as the Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
3. Pesticides: Research suggests that overexposure to the pesticides which kill weeds increases your likelihood of developing Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
4. Age: Elder people are also more likely to suffer from Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
1. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy comprises of administering drugs to kill the cancerous cells, either through injection or orally which kill cancer.
2. Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy deals with radiation which is directed at the parts of your body affected by cancer.
3. Medications to enhance the immune system: There are many medications which fight off cancer by boosting the immune system.
Prolonged use of johnson and johnson baby powder and other talcum base product if use for decade for female hygiene can lead to ovarian cancer.
I am having multiple fibroadenoma in both breasts, which were very small" Is this fibroadenoma will become cancerous tumors in the future and is there any diet restrictions to get it reduced. Can you please answer my question.
My Mother has confirmed Lungs cancer before last two weeks. Dr. said that it is in stage 3B and now we can not cure. Her life will be of only 2-3 years even after Chemo and next treatment. Is it true ? Please advise.
Cervix is the tissue that connects the vagina and the uterus and is an important part of female reproductive system. Cervical cancer like any other form of cancer refers to an abnormal growth of cells on the cervix, one that if undetected at the initial stages, can involve tremendous complications which are often fatal. It is one of the most common ailments that women suffer from, making it only more important to be taken seriously and treated immediately.
Some of the visible symptoms of this ailment are:
- Abnormal bleeding from the vagina: Though menstruation is a natural occurrence in a woman's life, often times you can suffer from abnormal bleeding from the vagina, which may precede, succeed or occur between periods. Such abnormal bleeding is symptomatic of cervical cancer and you must visit a doctor immediately.
- Pain in the abdomen: In case you are suffering from cervical cancer, clear signals will be given by your body indicating that. One such signal is a nagging pain in the abdomen or in the pelvis. Though it may appear harmless, you must not treat it lightly and consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Excruciating pain during periods: Experiencing pain during periods is a matter of such compliance that it seldom raises any concern. However, in certain cases the pain may be more than what you generally experience. In such a situation, it must not be dismissed entirely rather must be consulted with a doctor.
The most common test is used to diagnose cervical cancer is known as a pap test. In this particular examination, a sample of cells from your cervix will be taken by the doctor for examination. If the inference is reliant on the normal or the abnormal growth of these cells, the latter confirming the onset of the ailment.
In spite of being an extremely lethal ailment, over the years various treatments have evolved that successfully deal with this problem. Some of them are:
- Surgery: One of the effective and oft availed of treatment to treat cervical cancer is a surgery. Depending on the stage on which the disease is detected, doctors may suggest for a hysterectomy or removing the pelvic lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy: This has emerged as the most sought after way of treating any form of cancer. The abnormal growth of cells that triggers cancer in the first place is deterred in this method by administering drugs to kill destroy them.