Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ParagYour feedback matters!
If you are concerned about the health of your heart, one of the primary and most important things to do is quit smoking. Avoiding and abstaining from smoking will heal the nicotine damage caused to your heart. This will enable you to lead a long and healthy life. Here are the reasons why you should quit smoking for the sake of your heart:
- Reduced risk of heart attack: The benefits of not smoking start hours after you quit, and the heart rate and blood pressure get normalised slowly. By quitting smoking, your chances of having a heart attack are reduced by 50%.
- In case of women, quitting smoking has special benefits: Women generally have a smaller body frame than men, and the harmful effects of smoking on a woman’s heart are considered to be more dangerous and concentrated. Female smokers under the age of sixty are more likely to experience a condition known as cholesterol plaque erosion, which is a fatal blood vessel condition. Women smokers are likely (seven times more than men) to develop heart complications due to smoking.
- When you quit smoking, your heart is no longer exposed to harmful chemicals: Cigarette smoke contains toxins such as arsenic, formaldehyde and benzene. The chemical substances may be hazardous to the blood vessels in your body, and the heart muscles get damaged. Once you quit smoking, these chemicals will no longer enter your body, making your heart healthier.
- Quitting smoking benefits other people as well: When children and people are exposed to tobacco smoke, their chances of having plaque in their heart’s arteries are enhanced. This may cause a stroke.
- Quitting smoking reduces the chances of getting hospitalised: A smoker may be at the risk for getting hospitalised because of several conditions such as congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, much more than a non-smoker. After quitting smoking, the chances of being hospitalised decrease within five years.
- Quitting smoking lowers the risk of having atherosclerosis: Atherosclerosis is a blood vessel disease which is caused due to inflammations all over the body. Because of this, the arteries may stiffen and thicken. Smokers face the risk of acquiring this condition three times more than non-smokers.
You can quit smoking most effectively by combining behavioural support along with prescribed medication. People using this type of multi-treatment are likely to become successful at quitting smoking. You should consult a specialist who is certified in tobacco treatment, who will provide you with a plan. It will include counselling, medicines and a nicotine replacement therapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Dr. 1 year ago, my stomach was in good condition, sir, but now it seems they always have filled my stomach. But my appetite for them is what I'll do is I want to eat?
My sis is pregnant. 6-7 months. She is having swollen legs during evening n night time. And also having cough from long time. please help us n tell us d reasons for this?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 30 days and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest me what should be done please help me.
I had suffered from jaundice 5 years ago. After taking liv 52 I got cured after 2 months .i just donated blood 1 month back in red cross bone .they had told if there is any problem in my blood I would be given a call .they had not called me but I fear that could there still be traces of jaundice virus inside my body that can be transmitted to the person receiving my blood .how to be sure that there is no problem with my blood .and it was well used?
I am 23 years male. I have a nail disease for almost last 5-6 years where it get thinner by the time. It seems that blood does not reach to the nails properly. What's the reason and what should I do? please reply.
I am 55 years old female working in hotel industry. Lately I am getting swelling on my left and right feet and left hand upto the wrist. Consulted few doctors but no diagnoses and no cure so far. Swelling reduces if I keep my feet up but comes back if I walk or put my feet down. Please advise.
I will masturbate my dick every day is good to health n good for feature and if I release my sperm daily it vil create new pimples on face are not and what to do for grow long pennis my pennis is small?
Iam 20 years old I was suffering from fever the situation is in the morning it was being normal but in nights there is fever what I should do.
My stomach is burning. I am feeling spicy in my stomach. It is burning. What should I eat to reduce it.
I am suffering from erectile dysfunction ,I want to stay longer in bed. I can't control my ejaculation. Kindly suggest something.
I have fast day after yesterday and now I m not able to eat Ny thing if I eat it come out. I have fewer also, my b. P and sugar are normal. What should I do?
Sir/madam. Sometimes I will be suffering from Severe headache that to only left side. What does that mean. How to cure. Please give suggestion.
Did sex with a girl using condom, but the condom crossed its expiration date way back. So it was an old condom. It didn't break though. I want to known is there any chance of STDs. Should I do tests?
My mother has typhoid But doesn't have fever She feels some cold in her sole and feels better without cooler O - dilution 1: 80 H - dilution 1: 160 Hb - 11.4gm% She is taking cefpodoxime and ciprofloxacin both but still feeling not better.
Dear Sir/ Madam, I am 45 yr old guy. I got obsessed with masturbating. I was depressed because of my appearance. I felt life worthless which I do feel at times even now. My main problem now is social anxiety, inferiority complex very poor memory and concentration Very poor memory and concentration. Confused, inferiority complex though reduced to a extent. Obsessions like hand washing, appearance, sex which keeps changing from one to another at times I am obsessed with my appearance at times with hand washing at times with sex and at times combination of two or all the tree. please help
I am suffering from cold and fever. Fever is normal not too high. Soar throat. Which medicine should I take and for how many days?
As indicated by Ayurveda, good digestion, solid “agni” (the metabolic flame), quality functioning of the liver and an adjusted endocrine framework result in strong immunity. Immunity of the human body is said to be associated to an entity called “ojas” which is believed to be the subtle and positive essence of “kapha” an aspect which provides the body with vigour, strength, immunity and vitality. The general notion is that stronger the Agni, healthier the “ojas”, although other factors play a major role too. Therefore, it becomes important to protect your “ojas”. Protection of 'ojas' is possible when you are able to live in the present with pure and complete awareness. A number of ways to promote “ojas” and thereby, develop your immunity are listed below:
- Diet: Agni is bolstered by a dietary routine that minimizes refined sugars, stimulants and processed foods. The focus must be shifted to consumption of whole and healthy foods while maintaining a proper schedule. Inclusion of garlic, ginger, black pepper, long pepper, cinnamon, asafoetida in the diet is advised as it destroys poisons and bad bacteria, kindles Agni, promotes normal body temperature maintenance and eliminates the extra kapha.
- Get adequate sleep: It is proven that sleep deprivation in humans can cause a total loss of the immune functions of the body. Thus, it becomes mandatory to adopt a balanced sleeping schedule where the minimum duration to be regularly maintained is 8 hours.
- Exercise: Appropriate exercise discharges collected strain, moves stagnant emotional and mental energy, enhances circulation, encourages proper elimination, improves digestion, supports sound sleep and promotes relaxation in the body. All these contribute to a healthy maintenance of the immune system. Adversely, improper exercise can prove to be damaging.
- Meditation and yoga: The different types of Ayurvedic practices, each having a different set of benefits, are advised to be adapted so that you can sustain immunity. Some of these practices include yoga, pranayama, meditation, etc.
- Herbal support: Different types of herbs in the Ayurvedic tradition, each having an affinity for a certain type of tissue, are capable of supporting the immune system. The advisable herbal supports include chyavanprash, turmeric, ginger, Tulsi, Shatavatri, Ashwagandha, turmeric, tulsi, trifla, giloy, Bronchial Support Herbal Syrup, Immune Support tablets, etc.
- Regular detoxification: Regular detoxification (by Panchkarma procedures) of body as advised in Ayurveda , keeps basic body doshas ( Vats, pitta, kapha) in balance.
- Rejuvenation therapy- After detoxification certain ayurvedic drugs, herbs are given for a long duration for rejuvenation, longevity of life, immunity boosting. It also prevents and cure diseases.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.