Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PangalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from headache and back pain daily. I am using medical for this if we take that medicine daily will it cause side effects.
I got injury few year back . I did x-ray n consult doctor which they told me fine .nothing is wrong .but sometime I got pain at left lower scapula part which feeling like someone is pressing me ,leading me to breathing difficulty. I am afraid something got wrong with my ribe cage .tell me what should I do ?
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.
Sir I'm having headaches last from 15 to 20 days it pains like a current shock in all my nerves in my brain for every 10 to 15 minutes. Why?
Paan which is prepared using tender green betel leaf and areca nut is very popular and widely consumed in many countries of South and South East Asia such as India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, and Malaysia. There are many variations to the preparation, some might contain tobacco, slaked lime paste also known as choona and a paste that is known as kattha which is a breath freshener.
The betel leaves used to make paan have a range of healing and curative benefits. The leaves contain vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin, vitamin C and many more. Chewing paan can, therefore, have a good impact on your health.
- Digestive Health: The chewing action when consuming paan helps to stimulate the salivary glands. This causes the secretion of saliva which contains the enzymes necessary to ensure that the food is properly broken down. This aids in a good digestion. Betel leaves are also very effective in relieving constipation. The extract of these leaves also have good gastro-protective properties and can, therefore, be used for treating gastric ulcers.
- Oral Health: The various variations or ingredients of paan such as the addition of cloves or fennel work as a mouth freshener. The betel leaf too helps to reduce or get rid of bacteria that cause bad breath. Chewing paan maintains ascorbic acid levels in saliva which can prevent and lower the risk of oral cancer. Ascorbic acid is an antioxidant which works to reduce the levels of free radicals in the body, this prevents cancer.
- Treatment for warts and boils: In the practice of ayurvedic medicine in India, betel leaves have been used as a cure for warts and boils. Treatments using betel leaves can permanently remove a wart without any scars. Therefore chewing betel leaves can help to cure and prevent boils and warts from forming in the mouth and other parts of the body.
- Treatment for common ailments: The analgesic properties of the betel leaf has made it very popular in traditional medicinal remedies in India for various ailments such as cough, headache and in the treatment of small cuts and wounds. The slight bitter taste of the leaf has an anti-diabetic property and can be used to control blood sugar levels.
- Treatment for skin disorders: The antimicrobial properties of the betel leaf make it a good natural treatment option for skin disorders such as rashes, acne, itching and body odours.
As with all things chewing paan can be both good but excess of the same can be bad. The health benefits of chewing paan are not widely known and they can be further enhanced by using ingredients that are good for your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
From 3 days. I'm having soar throat and cold. I'm drinking warm water. Coughing yellow in color. But now my eyes has become very watery from 2 days. It's looking like I be been crying a lot.
I have a chronic constipation problem. Sometimes there is fresh blood in stool. Sometimes its painful sometimes not. I even feel hemorrhoid at that particular place sometimes.
Hi, my question my expected periods day was 3rd feb and I missed my periods its 7days today but still no periods is their and facing headache, lower abdomen mild cramp and mild back pain when I stand for more time, dizziness, and shortness of breath, hungry all the time, motion comes after 2 to 3 days, when no motion not comes I feel bloating, little bit pain in nipples, today in the morning I taken pregnancy test of" I Can" brand but it came only one line in" c" I have taken urine test after 3hours of sleep, it came negative why, does this means m not pregnant or Level if HCG is low, or some thing else is their to worry. please help me. M also taking Thyronorm 100 mcg tablet daily from so many years back by taking this tablet can I conceive or not, and another thing is during pregnancy can any women take Thyronorm tablet or not, please help me.
Mei 41 years ki hoon, bahut salon se mujhe season change hote hi cold or khansi ho jati hai phir davai lene se theek ho jati hai par is baar theek nahi ho rahi last 7-8 days se khansi theek nahi ho rahi cold nahi hai.
Hi I am suresh 25 years my problem is on my penis nerves are widely why it is widely what is problem in my penis. Have any serious problem in my penis? There no pain on my penis. Please support me.
Hi. My problem is that I can't eat sufficient amount of food. Some times feel vomiting, anxiety, feel uncomfortable sometimes. Less sleep at night. Always feel some kind of distress within me. Please kindly suggest me what shall I go in order to have good health.
Hi. I'm 21. Im a vegetarian. I don't eat much. I never really have much of an appetite. And when I used the restroom one time, my poop was green. Why is this?
I have throat pain, fever. And in my hostel it is happening with most of the girls. What is the reason of that.
Suffers from very violent sneezing every fortnightly. To be continued for whole day. Hampering all my activities. Pl help.
Many men begin their daily penis examination during their morning shower, and one of the last things they want to discover as the water cascades across them is a penis rash that wasn't there when they went to bed. Kudos are certainly due to these men for making penis health the priority it deserves to be; now they need to figure out what might be causing this unwelcome penis rash. That's why it's good to know about a fixed drug eruption and its relationship to a penis rash.
Fixed drug eruption
A fixed drug eruption is an allergic reaction to a particular medication or medications. If a person is allergic to multiple drugs and is taking them at the same time, multiple fixed drug eruptions may occur. The term "eruption" refers to the fact that the allergic reaction shows up on the skin in the form of lesions - or "erupts" onto the skin.
Most often, these lesions are round or oval patches of swollen skin, typically reddish in color at the start but often changing to brown or purple. There may be a blister accompanying the lesion, typically staying within the area of the lesion.
Why is it called a "fixed" drug eruption? The fixed refers to the fact that the lesion tends to show up in the same general area whenever the drug is taken. However, it should be noted that, with repeated use, the lesions may also start showing up on other parts of the body. So if a fixed drug eruption is first noticed on the penis, it may continue to recur there, but it may also show up on the lips, the hands, the feet, etc.
In most cases, lesions will appear between 30 minutes to 8 hours after administration of the drug. Often one lone lesion will appear at first. With repeated doses of the drug, it may either grow larger or more lesions may appear. Over time, especially after cessation of the drug, the lesions will "scab over." In most cases, they will disappear altogether at some point after the drug is no longer taken.
When the lesions are in a group, it may give the appearance of a penis rash. If solitary, it may seem more like a blister or blemish. In either case, it tends to be unattractive. More importantly, it gives the appearance of something contagious and possibly infectious.
In fact, penis rash from a fixed drug eruption is neither contagious nor infectious. However, because it looks as if it could be, it can be off-putting to partners, who may wish to avoid touching the penis until the rash is gone.
The lesions can also cause some discomfort for the man on whose penis they reside. They can be itchy in some cases. For some, they make the skin feel tender, which may decrease a man's desire for or enjoyment of sex (whether with a partner or by himself).
There are many, many drugs that have been implicated in the appearance of a fixed drug eruption. These include many forms of aspirin, many antibiotics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatories, sedatives and quinine.
If a penis rash (or rash elsewhere on the body) results from a fixed drug eruption, a doctor should be consulted to determine if an alternative medication may be used that might not have this side effect.
As a fixed drug eruption heals and the penis rash goes away, the skin may be in need of repair. Once any blistering has disappeared, using a first class penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) may help. The skin may need to be rehydrated so that it regains elasticity and suppleness. Using a crème with a combination of a natural moisturizer (such as vitamin E) and a high-end emollient (like Shea butter) will produce better results. Also important: Be sure the crème includes vitamin C, due to the role it plays in proper collagen production.