Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pampanagouda S K MYour feedback matters!
I have been used to smoking from last 2years but before 6 month ago I quite smoking would like to know will I be suffering from cancer or can I control.
Dear Doctor, My elder sister has been suffering from Lung Cancer. Her age is 40 years old. We are from Bangladesh. Now doctor has advised for chemotherapy treatment of six month. Doctor's advice is given bellow. Tissue Biopsy: Specimen labelled as tissue from collapsed lung (core biopsy: Malignant lesion, histological consistent with adenocarcinoma. Advice: Immunihistochemistry for TTF-1, CK-7, CEA, CK-20 and synaptophysin for further confirmation. Plan of Treatment: Palliative systemic chemotherapy with affordable schedule (pemetrexed+Platinum or Taxene+ platinum) depending on her financial issues. Now sir will you please tell me about my sister is now in which stage/level of cancer and is she can be cured by giving chemotherapy and live a healthy lives.
Here are a few FAQs on Cervical Cancer that most people often want to know about.
Q1 What is Cervical Cancer?
A: Cervical Cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the lower part of the uterus that opens into the vagina.
Q2 What causes Cervical Cancer?
A: Cervical Cancer is caused by a virus known as human papillomavirus, or HPV. Women can get affected with the virus by having sex with someone who has it. HPV is very common and usually goes away in time. Usually, it leads to genital warts and sometimes shows no symptoms at all. Sometimes it leads to cervical cancer.
Q3 What are the early symptoms of cervical cancer?
A: The early symptoms of cervical cancer are:
Pain during sex
A sudden change in the menstrual cycle
Abnormal vaginal discharge
Vaginal bleeding between your menstrual cycle, after having sex or after menopause.
Q4 What are the preventive measures for cervical cancer?
A: Cervical cancer can be prevented by taking a vaccine against HPV. Regular PAP tests are also recommended for catching the cancer early on.
Q5 At what age should the HPV vaccine be taken for it to be effective?
A: The recommended age for boys and girls to take the HPV vaccine is 11-12 years. Women can have the vaccine before the age of 26 years.
Q6 Is the HPV vaccine safe?
A: Most of these vaccines are safe and come highly recommended. Many studies have been conducted to find otherwise but the fact remains that the vaccines are one sure shot way of reducing the chances of getting HPV. However, it is important to take any of these vaccinations under strict medical practitioner’s guidance.
My uncle got diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma 4 months back, then he underwent whipple surgery for the same on 24th of march, then nhe developed a complication in between. His chemotherapy started in AIIMS 2 weeks back with capecitabine 1500 mg twice daily for 14 days, the doctor there also advised for radiotherapy first but then when we went to take the appointment for the same doctor told us its late now for radiotherapy, so we are quite confused for the future course of action, and need some advice.
My wife is a cancer patient (osteosarcoma) her chemotherapy is completed on 25thFebruary 2016 and her period resume on June 23, 2016 and in next month is on 18th July, 2016. We have unprotected sex after 26th day is there any chances of getting pregnant or is it safe for her. please reply soon.
I had a pimple kind of thing on my breast I itched it and blood came out of it! Is that symbol of breast cancer?
Massage near breast can help the breast cancer patient or not. I read it will help on internet but I am confused.
Age 56. How to prevent prostrate from enlarging? psa count normal. Urine flow test normal so far. Ultrasound indicates enlarged prostrate. Is there a preventive method to stop prostrate enlargement?
My aunt is diagnosed to have abdominal cancer, she have got her abscess removed after surgery. What kind of care is required after or during the chemotherapy session.
I am a patient of overy cancer. I had done full treatment ie; surgery and chemotherapy. Now my CA 125 is 6.5. please suggest me that what I should do or eat to control it and live a healthy life.
I have three fully impacted wisdom teeth. But they are not infected. From last 6 months I have jaw, throat, ear, tongue & tooth pains. Meanwhile I suffered from throat infection which was due to Enterobacter clocae. I have also reactive lymphnodes in neck. Can impacted wisdom teeth cause all such symptoms?
I have consulted some doctors. They all said me that I have'lypoma. Does it have any cure ? It is absolutely painless.
My frnd is facing skin disease I think it is skin cancer can you please tell me the symptoms of skin cancer?
Pulmonary diseases are some of the most commonly experienced health conditions all over the world. Millions of people suffer due to various causes including genetics, smoking, pollutants and infection. Now lungs are one of the most important and complex organs of the body. They are the apparatus through which oxygen enters and carbon dioxide gets expelled.
Lungs expand and contract on a constant basis to ensure that we can breathe properly. Let us find out more about lung or pulmonary diseases.
- Asthma: This is one of the most common and potentially fatal conditions that affect children and adults. It grips the airways formed by the bronchi which branch off into smaller tubes from the main trachea that holds them. This condition causes inflammation, and even spasms, which can lead to wheezing and breathlessness. The main triggers of asthma attacks include allergies, infections and pollutants that may escape into the airways.
- COPD: This is also known as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. It is an umbrella term used for various lung conditions that cause breathing difficulties due to an obstruction of the airways. Chronic bronchitis is one of the conditions that falls under COPD, and is usually characterised by persistent, hacking coughs.
- Cystic Fibrosis: This is another condition that affects the airways by causing poor passage of mucus from the bronchial tubes. This condition is a genetic one where the mucus that gathers eventually becomes a lung infection.
- Pneumonia: This is a condition that causes an infection in the alveoli, which are the tiny tubes that the airways branch into. These are air sacs that can catch myriad infections like pneumonia.
- Tuberculosis: This is also a kind of pneumonia, which is caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. This condition usually attacks the air sacs of the lungs and can be a potentially fatal disease if it is not treated on time. The patient will require immediate hospitalisation.
- Pulmonary Edema: This condition is caused by fluid leaks from the tiny blood vessels into the surrounding air sacs within the lungs. It can also be caused due to heart failure as well as back pressure which falls on the lungs. Direct injury to the lungs can also lead to this condition.
- Lung Cancer: This is a fatal disease which can be found in any part of the lungs. It has many forms and the type as well as the location usually determines the kind of treatment option that will be followed.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: When the lungs suffer a sudden injury which is usually caused by a bout of serious illness, it is called ARDS. Treatment involves the use of life support ventilation.