Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PallaviYour feedback matters!
I am 38 years old and suffering from acute pancreatitis. At present my blood sugar (fasting) is 120. What should I do.
I am 67 my uric acid is high 8.13 and cholesterol 34.6 Pl suggest me medicine to cure. I have pain in right side of waist it creates problem in walking.
I have hashimoto thyroiditis. My antibody tpo is 533. Is taking supplement like zinc and selenium will help to reduce antibodies. Diet will also play a role to control antibodies or not.
I am 35, women my first report says I have tsh 49.5, after 5 days another test report says tsh 90 is it possible what I do?
I am 33 years old, 1 &1/2 years back I was diagnosed as Hypertensive. Presently I am taking Newtel-CH 40 and myocard XL. This weak I am diagnosed as diabetic. Please tell me why this happening at this early age and how to treat all. Please Help.
She is a diabetic patient. Now she is losing hair quickly. She has a problem of cold. If she eats a slice of cucumber, then we were worried about her cold. Today a stone is getting in her throat. And it is hurting. Is this the symptoms of thyroid? Can you help me with this?
Bacterial vaginosis is an infection that occurs in the vagina due to an imbalance in growth of the vaginal bacteria; It is the overgrowth in the naturally occurring bacteria in the vagina causes the imbalance. This disorder is very common among women, especially among pregnant women. This problem is usually not very serious and tends to subside within 4-5 days. However, in certain cases, they are capable of causing serious complications.
Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis include:
- Vaginal discharge that is white or grey in colour
- Constant itching in your vagina
- The vaginal discharge usually has a foul smelling odour
- Burning sensation during urination
Vaginal bacteria can be either good or bad. Any disruption in the delicate balance of the vaginal bacteria can lead to bacterial vaginosis. There is no exact known cause of this disorder, but it is believed that having multiple sex partners can aggravate this risks. Other factors include:
- Douching: If you clean your vagina with water and other cleansing agents on a regular basis, it might cause a bacterial imbalance, thus leading to this infection.
- Multiple partners: Having multiple sex partners puts you at a higher risk of contracting bacterial vaginosis. This disorder may also lead to various complications such as:
- STIs: This infection may make you highly susceptible to various infections such as Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhoea.
- Disorders of the pelvic region: Bacterial vaginosis may lead to inflammation in the pelvic region, which in turn may lead to infertility.
- Preterm birth: It increases the chances of premature birth
- Smoking: Smoking frequently increases the risk of a bacterial vaginosis infection.
- Unprotected sex: Having sex without proper protection increases the risk levels of bacterial vaginosis.
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this condition:
- Use soaps which contain no or very little chemicals to clean the region around your genitals
- Use latex condoms during sexual intercourse to prevent STIs.
- Do not clean your vagina (the practice referred to as douching) on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.