Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Palekar Vaman ShivappaYour feedback matters!
Hi sir/mam Here is my eyes problems It's always Looking Red. Summer & winter Both days What should I do.
आंखो के आस पास की त्वचा बेहद नरम और मुलायम होती है। जिस वजह से बहुत ही जल्दी यहां त्वचा ढीली होने लगती है। इस बात का इंसान को तब पता चलता है जब वह हंसता है और उसके आंखों के आस पास की त्वचा में झुर्रियां दिखने लगती है। और इंसान को लगता है कि वह बूढ़ा हो रहा है। लेकिन आयुर्वेद में आंखों के नीचे और आस पास की त्वचा को टाइट करने के अनोखे हेल्थ टिप्स मौजूद हैं। जिन्हें आप इस्तेमाल कर सकते हो।
आयुर्वेद में खीरे के प्रयोग के बारे में बताया गया है। यह त्वचा को टाइट करने का काम करता है। आप सुबह उठकर खीरे की मसाज चेहरे पर करें।
1 चम्मच एलोवेरा के रस को सुबह-शाम दो बार चेहरे पर, नहाने के बाद और सोने से पहले लगाएं। यह आपकी त्वचा को टाईट करेगा।
पके हुए केले को मसल लें और इसमें गुलाब जल डालें। इसे आंखों के आस पास लगाएं। और आधे घंटे के बाद गुनगुने पानी से चेहरे को धो लें
आलू के रस को आँखों के नीचे हलके हाथ से मसाज करने से काले घेरे दूर होते हैं।
एैसे बनाएं प्राकृतिक पेस्ट
1 चम्मच बेसन, 1 चम्मच शहद, 1 चम्मच दूध आधा चम्मच सरसों का तेल को मिलाकर पेस्ट बना लें और इस पेसट को लगाकर 15 मिनट के लिए छोड दें। बाद में इसे गुनगुने पानी से धो लें। सप्ताह में 2 बार इस उबटन का प्रयोग करें। यह आखों की नीचे और आस पास की त्वचा को टाइट करता है।
अन्य आयुवेर्दिक उपाय
आंखों के नीचे बादाम के तेल से मालिश करने से चेहरे से झुर्रियां कम हो जाती हैं। टमाटर को काटकर उसके टुकड़ों को मुंह पर मलते रहने से चेहरे से काले धब्बे निकल जाते हैं। चाय और कॉफी की जगह आप ग्रीन टी का इस्तेमाल करें। अंडे के प्रयोग से भी आंख के पास की जगह टाइट की जा सकती है अंडे में मौजूद सफेद भाग को चेहरे और गर्दन पर लगाएं। चेहरे की मसाज करें इससे चेहरे पर खून का प्रभाव तेज होता है। बेकिंग सोडा से स्क्रब भी किया जा सकता है।
क्या न करें
टेंशन की वजह से आंखों के आस-पास झुर्रियां भी बढ़ने लगती हैं और बाल तक झड़ने लगते हैं इसलिए बेवजह की टेंशन से बचें। अधिक देर तक टी वी और कंप्यूटर पर कार्य न करें।
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoqms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.
I have problem in my eye sight I am unable to see distant object they looks blurred, please tell me authentic way to cure.
I have -0.75 in right eye and -0.50 in the left. I use power glasses. May I know some of eye exercises to rectify my eye error? Can you suggest me something to get rid of eyeglasses?
Can any ophthalmologist can explain what are the effects of implanting manual lens while doing cataract surgery and differences between Indian lens and foreign lens.
I am working in bpo have rotational shift and my eyes are red from last couple of months and facing some hearing problem. I also have pain near my toe. Please suggest what should I do?
My eyes waters a lot while driving scooty. Sometimes the even water when I just sit and studying What is the cause and how to treat.
Sir, I am suffering from amblyopia (lazy eye disease) in right eye. There is some cure for this diseases. I had this problem since 6 years. Please help I am very upset. When doctor tell there is no cure of this.
I have dry eye problem especially when sitting in front of computers in my job. Trying my best to take breaks between work and using eye drops. Is there anything else I can do, any food I should eat more or any medicine. Please advice as I am just 32 with entire Job life ahead.
Hi. Greetings! Well I have a great concern with regard to my eyes as it turns red whenever I eat sweets since 2008. I did consult eye specialist then couple of times and even now I do blood check up but it always come within normal range. I am scared whether I am diabetic. I hate injections. I have cut short all my sweet cravings still once in a while I have some and I get my eyes turn red in some time. I am scared and emotionally its taunting me high as I am a single mom and have a small kid with me who is totally my responsibility. Please suggest me. Thanks for your time!
I wear contact lenses abot 7 yrs. I wnt2 knw tht lasik lazr is a safe procdre? I am 25 years old if infutr my eyes power is reduce again thn wht2 do wht is the next procdre?
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.