Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Padmini PremanandYour feedback matters!
I hv pcos problem. So im not conceiving too nd im proper periods. hormonal im balance. Pls help out hw. Dis pcos will solve. Pls doc.
I don't get my cycle every month from my first cycle while be there any treatment for regularity on for cycle.
Hi I have a question regarding excessive leucorrhea. I have been encountering this problem since last 2 years. I am not able to carry out my normal activities. I get irritated most of the time. I also encounter continuous back pain. And I have felt that due to this problem the muscles in my vagina are getting lose and this has resulted in lose vaginal muscles. I am not married and I don't want to land myself in any of the problems after my marriage. Please suggest something to permanently cure this problem and tighten vagina to its fullest. Thank you!
1. Williams pears can help individuals fight infections.
Williams pears are a good source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerful natural water-soluble antioxidant that helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and eliminates cancer-causing free radicals in the body.
2. Williams pears can help slow down aging.
Adequate vitamin C can also create and maintain collagen, an essential protein found in hair and skin.
3. Williams pears are a rich source of antioxidants.
Williams pears contain many antioxidants like vitamin C and chlorogenic acid. Antioxidants seek and neutralize typical cell-harming free radicals that can destroy cells or turn them into cancer cells.
4. Williams pears will improve digestive health.
Williams pears are a good source of fiber. Dietary fiber can help prevent constipation, making one’s bowel movement easier to manage. Fiber can also scrape cholesterol out of the arteries and blood vessels. One Williams pear contains 5 grams of dietary fiber. The daily recommended dietary fiber intake for men and women are 38 grams and 25 grams, respectively.
5. Williams pears can help maintain a healthy blood pressure.
Williams pears have a great potassium to sodium ratio. One Williams pear contains 176 milligrams of potassium, compared to 1.5 milligrams of sodium. This helps the blood vessels relax and maintains proper blood pressure.
I have over bleeding problem in periods time and legs pain also please suggest me whether I need to consult doctor or is there any exercises are sufficient.
I am 30 years old around 5 years got married I have no kids gyne doctor suggest me to any kind of uterus size thigh vaccume opening I am very nervous that what kind of these test and I do not periods regular I done all tests like blood sugar fasting level, TSH, Prolactin, Hb, TC, DC levels, ultrasound of pelvis, husband’s semen analysis all these are normal then HSG x-ray to see the tubes.uterus mouth size is very small
Which tym of sex is safe according menstruation cycle .after than we do not need to take any type of tablets like unwanted 72.
I had a sex on 9 June with my husband, just before 1 day of my periods date. I'm not ready for a baby so I take unwanted 72 on 9 June. Now I'm not having periods what to do.
I have two preterm daughters advice the age till which they will need exclusive breast feeding.Please tell.
Traditionally, the use of honey stretches back to time immemorial. It is still considered one of the most precious gifts of nature to mankind. Modern research also suggests that honey has unique medicinal and nutritional properties. Honey should be incorporated in your daily diet as it is one food which is naturally beneficial for your overall health and does have any side effects.
Following are the traditional uses of honey, according to ayurveda:
1. Prevents anemia: Honey contains high amounts of iron, manganese and copper which are very essential for building hemoglobin. According to ancient texts, honey is a traditional cure as well as prevention for anemia as it helps in maintaining the optimum level of red blood corpuscles and hemoglobin.
2. Promotes eye health: Honey has been used to treat various eye diseases since ancient times. It is known to improve vision with daily application. It is an effective cure against diseases like conjunctivitis, trachoma or even something as minor as eye itching. It is also beneficial to treat glaucoma in the early stages.
3. Skin care: Ancient texts on ayurveda mention that external application of honey is effective in curing sores or other wounds. It works like an antiseptic and helps to soothe pain and hastens the healing process. It is also used to treat skin burns or carbuncles.
4. Cure for coughs: Honey is extremely useful in treating coughs. It works as a demulcent which aids in soothing the swollen mucous membrane present on the upper respiratory tract. It relieves you from irritating coughs and associated symptoms like frequent spurts of cough while talking and difficulty in swallowing. It is a chief ingredient in ayurvedic cough syrups for the same reason. You can also try honey gargles to relieve pain from throat inflammation.
I had sex without condom and I withdraw my penis while Cumming. She completed her periods 4 days before is there any chance of pregnancy?
I m newly married. Last night we had intercourse. She was in 5th day of her period. We used protection. Bt after few times she started bleeding. And now she is suffering from severe pain. Can't understand why this happened? please suggest me what to do?
Hello, We are trying to conceive. My wifes vagina remains dry on the outside due to which we were facing trouble in inserting the penis. Our doctor told to use conceive Gel from Vivo Lifesciences. Yesterday I squeezed two three times inside the vagina as per directions on the box. She laid on her back for 40-45 mins (as per the directions on the box it was asked to apply the gel one hour before intercourse). After 40-45 mins we had intercourse successfully and easily. after the intercourse, She laid on her back for another 30 mins. In between I checked and found that there was lot of sticky solution near the opening between her legs. At the end there was just wetness and no sticky semi solid substance. Is this process that we followed is right? Will the gel allow the sperm to go to cervix to uterus and then fallopian tube?
I just started taking the mini pill as my form of contraceptive 2 weeks ago. I have taken other contraceptives with no issues. I have had a headache for the past 5 days that is just getting worse. Could this be from any contraceptive? I would like to stop taking it but I last had sex yesterday and do not want to risk pregnancy. What are my options if this is from the mini pill?
I was given general anesthesia for a surgery. It has been 2 weeks but the area near the needle piercing still pains a little and the vein at that part is a little swollen. Is this normal?
Did you know your earphones are making you deaf? Here's how.
Fact: Roughly 1.1 billion people worldwide within the age group of 12-35 have been found to be at an increased risk of developing hearing problems.
Listening to loud music on handheld devices using earphones has become a common trend among youngsters these days. You might find it very relaxing to plug in your earphones and escape into your own world of music, but you need to know that this can cause serious damage to your ears. The worst part: you won't realise your ears are being damaged until it's too late.
So, exactly how is loud music damaging your ears?
Continuous exposure to loud music from earphones or other sources results in a medical condition known as Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL), which can be associated with irreversible damage to the ears resulting in deafness.
When you hear loud music for a considerable amount of time every day it affects your hair cells (nerve cells responsible for sending sound signals to the brain) negatively, so that their ability to respond to sound decreases. If this keeps on happening for many months, eventually the hair cells are damaged beyond repair. These cells cannot be regenerated, making you permanently deaf.
How loud is too loud?
If your ears are exposed to sounds at 95, 100, 105, 110 and 115 dB (decibel, the unit used for measuring sound) for 4 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour, 30 minutes and 15 minutes each day respectively, your ears are at risk of getting severely damaged. Also, playing music at 120 dB or above can damage your ears instantly. You can have a realistic idea about the relation between decibels and sounds you commonly hear by referring to this list:
- 30 dB: soft whisper
- 75 dB: busy traffic
- 90 dB: noise of a motorcycle at 25 feet
- 100 dB: noise of a farm tractor
- 140 dB: jet plane taking off
Moreover, if you experience the following symptoms regularly, there's a high chance that you need to get your ears treated soon:
- A ringing sound in your ears when you are at a quiet place, which vanishes after a few minutes
- You need to raise the volume of TV or music to the fullest to hear it properly
- You have difficulty in hearing people talking at a distance of just 3 feet
How can you prevent the risk of hearing impairment?
When you're using earphones, keep the volume low. Also, using in-ear headsets or noise reduction/cancellation earphones also helps as it lets you hear the music distinctly at lower volumes by cutting out background noise.
CHECK: You need to lower the volume of your music if the person sitting or standing beside you can hear the sound coming out of your earphones.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
Before pregnancy My weight was 50 kg. Now I am 26 weeks pregnant woman. My weight is now 55 kg. Is it normal or not? If no please tell me how to increase my weight.
Kidney stones could be a cause for worry by the time they are not removed causing incessant and regular pains and disrupting normal life. The task is not finished even if you get them removed because what follows is a rigorous and disciplined routine that you must follow to maintain your health after the surgery is done. Diet plays a crucial role in negating the possibility of yet another stone accumulation. Here are a few diet tips that would be handy if you have got a kidney stones removal surgery done.
- To stay hydrated is the golden rule that you must abide by at all costs. It is advisable to drink at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis. Water prevents the formation of stones and would also help to eliminate any remaining residues of kidney stones existing in the system.
- Dairy products could be included but in diluted form.
- A fixed dietary routine is mandatory above all. The patient should be given meals at proper time intervals in small proportions. Heavy meals should be avoided at all costs.
- Foods rich in high fibre should be included in the diet. They help in bowel movement also. These include whole grain breads and beans.
1. Foods rich in oxalates and calcium should be kept at bay for at least a period of two months after the stone removal procedure is complete. Oxalates can lead to the formation of yet another stone which is far from desirable. The foods that fall in this category include:
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, mustard and beet greens
- Cabbage, cauliflower, tomatoes
- Banana, mango, apricot, grapes
- Nuts like almond and cashew
- Soft drinks
- Caffeinated drinks like tea and coffee
2. Foods rich in sodium should be kept at bay for at least some time immediately after the surgery.
3. Reducing the food intake that is high on animal protein.
4. Do not eat stale food.
5. Junk food should not even cross your mind. It is something which should be avoided for best results.
These are generic guidelines that would help you to cope with post surgery care. However, there could be specific requirements depending from patient to patient. Therefore, it is advisable to get the guidelines by a doctor who will take into account the specificities of the case. Diet along with exercise is in most cases, the most effective combat to kidney stones. The trick however, is to not go overboard with either of them.