Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Padmavathi. NYour feedback matters!
Hi, My baby boy will be 3 months in August 1st week. Baby was born via normal delivery and weight was 2.6 Kgs at birth. Baby's health is good and there is no medical problems that he currently has. I wanted to travel to home town delhi via flight in august 2nd week. Please advice if it is safe to travel in flight when the baby is 3 months old.
My younger daughter is 2 year and 3 months old. She is having tight stool problem. She cries in pain when she goes after the gap of 4-5 days. Please suggest.
We used to give our daughter tamino oral suspension for loose stool, when she was 12 month an it works well in 2 dose but we gave 10 dosage. She is now 20 months, We went to a doctor for vomiting this time, prescribe emiset for vomiting and in case of stool some antibiotics. Now vomits stop but she is having loose stools. When we went to buy the antibiotics he prescribed it was too expensive, so we gave taken according to wait. Now in two doses she still poops. My question how many dose it generally takes to be effective for 20 months/10 kg baby? Should I wait or go for stool screen and culture test?
Hi All, I blessed with baby girl after completing 9 months Baby girl weight is 1500gms its been 2 week she born Now she is suffering from cold We visited doctor last week and he given nasa spray but cold did not got reduced ,now we are worrying a lot as she is already low weight Can any one please suggest how long it takes to reduce and how to treat it Symptoms Sneezing Slight sound while breathing She is drinking milk but reduced some what now No fever.
Hi My son is 2 months and 10 days old. We are using Dexolac formula milk due to lack of low supply breast milk. He is passing stool in green color and he is struggling hard while passing the stool. Can i switch to another formula milk. What is nan pro 1 with probiotics? can i use this to my baby
My only 1 yrs 6 month child girl is not speak any word but she understand all thing she dance in musicmusic so please tell me is there any problem or not.
Hello my daughter is 5 year old with global developmental delay still she can't walk and talk her physiotherapy and other therapies are going on from last four year but the improvement is very slow according to her age. We heard about the new treatment called neuro regenerative rehabilitation therapy (stem cell therapy) in this they take bone marrow from patients hip bone and they separate the stemcells with regenerative techniques and inject in her spine. This treatment is offering by neuro gen brain and spine institute Mumbai. please let me know is this treatment is good for child or not.
My 2 year baby suffering from fever since two weeks, amoxicilin. Ciprofloxacine did not worked. What could be the infection. Please reply. Blood urine stool did not showed any infection.
I have a son who is eight years old and studies in class 3. We had in our family a criminal case 30 years back. Which is permanently settled. Now One teacher in his school is making stories about the incident and demeaning my child. Now I want a written report to know if this has caused any psychological effect on his mind. And if yes how to cure them so that he does not suffer from low confidence in class and to take the teacher to the law for bullying a child.
My grandson (5 yr old) has cracks and patches and skin peeling, in feet; oint. Triamcinolone acitonide was prescribed; no improvement even after a month. What to do?
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult a doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination
2 days ago
To prevent nappy rash,change nappy every six hour atleast.Between the changes,keep baby dry and naked for some time,then apply coconut oil.