Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PadmavathiYour feedback matters!
I am 26 yes old, married, I have experienced some early pregnancy signs like amonnorhea From 2 months, nausea, fatigue, heart burn, And some symptoms But I have done home pregnancy test but it was negative pls suggest me wat To do?
Minimal invasive spine surgery possesses numerous benefits over the traditional spine surgery that includes :
- small surgery scar
- less blood loss during the surgery
- quick recovery
- quicker return to work and normal activities
- less postoperative pain
- shorter hospital stay
These are the xray of a patient with l4l5 grade 1 listhesis operated by minimal invasive tlif.
Please advise diets for first semester of pregnancy. What to eat and what not to eat. 08 weeks completed.
What is a dowager's hump?
The term dowager's hump is a more casual term for the medical condition referred to as kyphosis. It is the uncommon curvature of the thoracic vertebrae of the upper part of the back in an outward direction.
It is most commonly seen in women than in men. When the front part of the vertebrae becomes involved and gets compressed due to osteoporosis, it will later on result to the spine bending forward and producing a hump at the upper back portion.
What causes a dowager's hump?
The hump can be caused by other conditions and these should be determined in order to get the correct treatment. Based on the research of the university of maryland medical center, this kyphosis problem can be caused by genetic abnormalities.
The disfiguration in the patient's genes can result to the inappropriate growth of the vertebral column. Other conditions linked with other congenital problems could also cause this hump.
It is also been mentioned in some studies that it can also be due to wedge fractures wherein the front part of a vertebra collapses causing the spine to be misaligned a little. The above part of the fracture tips forwards and creating a slight back curve.
As the vertebra over the wedge fracture is tipped forward, it puts pressure on other vertebrae that could lead to developing a wedge fracture in another vertebra. The more wedge fractures are occurring; the back gets more bowed. In severe cases, a person's back can be extremely bent over.
How is a dowager's hump treated?
There are several ways to treat dowager's hump. The main goal of treatment for this condition is by preventing bone loss, although it can also be utilized as a management which is beneficial for patients who experience pain resulting from vertebral fractures.
The procedure is called vertebroplasty, where bone cement is injected to stabilize the vertebrae. Another procedure for this condition is performing kyphoplasty for individuals with compression fractures in the bottom half of the spine.
Exercises for dowager's hump
Based on some research studies in the medical society, yoga exercises can be a great contribution in treating dowager's hump. The upper spine curvature of individuals who did yoga for six months reduced the back problem by about five percent compared to those who did not.
Here are some 5 easy poses that can be done to straighten the spine:
Sit straight at the front edge of the chair with the butt firm and flat. Secure the feet on the floor by steadying it there. Inhale and stretch out the spine upward. Bring the shoulders down along with the head placed over the spine, then breathe uniformly keeping the posture for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Sit in the same seated mountain position then pull the head backward as if making a double chin. Do it again for 6 to 10 times. Do not lift or jut the chin in a forward manner. Focus on the backward movement with the shoulder rolled and lifted when inhaling, then compress the shoulder blades together at the back when exhaling. Do it 6 to 10 times in full circles.
Sit tall. Inhale while clasping the hands behind the back. Hold the arms away from the body when exhaling. Do it all over for 3 to 6 times. Remain in the same pose by continuously breathing if desired.
Sit tall as above. Keep the fit firm on the floor and draw the head back. Stay in this posture, and then bend forward by not rounding the spine. The muscles in the abdomen should remain firm and shoulders should be square. Bend back as far as possible with the feel still planted on the floor. Go through again for 10 to 20 times.
Methods of prevention for dowager's hump
Preventive measures must be taken to avoid this condition. Tips that can prevent dowager's hump include:
Daily doses of vitamins c and d
Work-outs for coordination and balance in order to prevent spine fractures
Eat a healthy and balanced diet
Training for strength and weight.
I am 35 years old woman .i want to know what expense would get on opt. for tubal realisation procedure.Please tell.
Hi, I'm 45 years old housewife I have been suffering from diabetes with high blood pressure and nerve pain. Yesterday I have done some test and sugar is found 192 fasting in blood and in urine . I am using medicine gluconorm g2 and stamlo 2.5. How I can manage my diabetes without using much drug.
I am 18 weeks pregnant. Every day vomiting sensation increases. I used to take 6 doxinate tablets every day. Is vomiting bad. How to get rid of. What should I do.
My girlfriend has inserted half of the pen in her vagina yesterday and he told me that no blood come from her vagina, so does she has lost her virginity or she is still a virgin.
I got my first period after 7 month of my delivery it last for about 15 days. Next period after a month it last for about. 1.5 months then I consulted a doctor suggested me to take hormone tablets for 21 days. I used them gim my period. Started on 21st day. Please suggest me to regulate my periods in time.?
She delivered a premature baby girl on 9th dec16 through C- section. On 23rd Dec'16 while lifting the baby, 3 stitches got open up and had bleeding. She was hospitalized and re stitched. stitches are not getting dissolved due to cold season too. Is there any solution to get fast recovery from the stitches. Do stitches take time during winters in order to get cure and ideally how much time it will take.
I got married two months ago. I read that intercourse must be done from 12 to 14 days of menstrual cycle to get pregnant. But I have doubt that how to calculate that 14 days? whether count from the date I got my period or whether the day my bleeding stopped.(i got my period on 28 march)
After my marriage I had periods twice then I consult the doctor she told me that I had pcod problem then I had daine35 now I want to get pregnant what should I do?
Ayurveda is a just another treatment
Ayurveda has been considered by a majority of society as a treatment method similar to allopathic or homeopathic. But, in fact, ayurveda scripts clearly construe that it is purely a lifestyle. The entire system of ayurveda is envisioned on the four basic pedestals of healthy eating, sound sleep and ample exercises; thus ayurveda establish a system of sound health and curing through the right lifestyle and healthy habits.
Hi doc my daughter is 18 years old, she is not getting her menses till 6 months, her weight is 78 kgs and height is 5 feet. She has started getting hair on her chin area also. Please suggest some medication to get her periods ?
Hi am 26 year old woman waiting for labour pain I have pregnancy of 285 days as of now. I have all normal reports yet. I have taken castor oil with milk but found no response. What should I do?
After 5 to 10 minutes I feel so much sexy. Since think that someone should do sex with me. What to do for that, m unmarried how to do sex and with whom. Please suggest me.
Are you struggling with a stubborn midsection? Losing that belly fat is about more than just aesthetics; having excess weight around the midsection can increase your likelihood for a variety of illnesses, including diabetes, stroke, heart disease, and certain cancers. This article will teach you how to lose belly fat and improve your overall health in the long run.
1. Eating Right
Reduce your caloric intake. While it's impossible to lose weight from only one part of the body, people who lose overall body weight tend to lose belly fat first.
• Cut down on sugar and starch. These types of foods tend to be stored as fat if the calories are not burned off immediately, and provide little in the way of nutrition. Instead, eat a diet that is primarily composed of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins like fish, chicken, turkey, and tofu.
• Keep a diet journal to help you keep track of the food you eat. Studies have shown that people who keep diet and exercise journals tend to lose more weight than people who don't.
• Avoid snacking in between meals or late at night. If you are hungry in between meals, munch on healthy things like carrots, celery, nuts, or fruit.
• Reduce your portion sizes. Remember that all foods can be enjoyed in moderation, as long as you don't overdo it.
• Water keeps you full in between meals, and helps avoid mistaking thirst for hunger. You should drink atleast 8 glasses of water everyday.
• Drink one full glass of water before every meal. This will fill up your stomach so that you feel fuller faster.
• Skip the sugary sodas and fruit juices and opt for water instead. This will save you hundreds of unneeded calories.
You should get half and hour of moderate to vigorous aerobic exercise atleast four times a week. Ideal exercises include jogging, walking, and uphill cycling.Whatever exercise you chose be sure you are getting your heart rate up.
• Choose an exercise that you genuinely enjoy. If you are having fun, you will be more likely to stick with it.
• If you don’t have time to go to the gym or get formal exercise, then find ways to incorporate more physical activity into your daily life. Do chores around the house, walk to your destination rather than driving, or go out dancing with friends. Remember, that exercise doesn’t always have to feel like work.
Get Enough Sleep:
People who are sleep deprived tend to feel sluggish, causing them to overeat to compensate for the lack of energy. Getting atleast 6-7 hours of sleep a night is crucial to maintaining your overall health, and can help you manage your weight in the long run.
While a certain amount of stress is unavoidable, too much stress can increase the level of cortisol in the body, which is responsible for excess fat storage.
• Regular exercise can manage stress. If you suffer from chronic stress, consider taking up yoga,meditation, or any other mind-body activities that focus on breathing, good posture and relaxation.
• Eliminate stress inducing people and/or things from your life, if possible. If your job is the cause of your chronic stress, consider changing careers or cutting down on your hours.
• Manage your time. Constantly running late and feeling pressed for time can be a major cause of stress. Better manage your time by making a list of things you need to accomplish in a given day, and check each one off as you go. Use a daily planner to to help organize your schedule and keep track of obligations.
Don’t try to spot reduce;
Crunches and other ab-busting work outs are great if you are trying to build muscle, but if you have excess belly fat, these type of exercises will build muscle underneath the fat without without targeting the fat itself. Instead of trying up your stomach only, focus on total body toning exercises that build overall muscle mass. The more you have, the more calories you will burn even when you are resting
• Stay focused and think about the clothes that you want to be able to wear.
• Track your progress by taking measurements, taking "before and after" pictures, and weighing yourself at least once a week.
• Time how long you run/ do exercise daily.
• Find an exercise or diet buddy to help keep you motivated.
• Cook meals at home when possible, and use olive oil or cooking spray rather than butter. When eating out, opt for protein-rich foods over starchy foods like pasta. Ask for dressings and sauces on the side to cut down on extra calories.
• Consider hiring a nutritionist or personal trainer to help point you in the right direction and keep you motivated.
Set yourself a goal and when you reach it, award yourself.
Dr Vivek Moitra,
Instant Healing Physiotherapy Clinic,
Near Sambhram Engineering College,
Vidyaranyapura, Bengaluru- 560097
Contact: 9886555614/ 9945352211