Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PadmavathiYour feedback matters!
There are many commonly occurring fungal infections of the skin like athlete's foot, ringworm, yeast infection and jocks itch. These infections are caused because of warm, moist and humid environment which is ideal for fungal growth. There is no need to worry, as all these conditions are treatable with topical ointments and medicines. Here is all you need to know of common fungal infections of the skin:
1. Athlete's foot: it is diagnosed with skin sample tests. The common symptoms are:
- Burning and itching
- Redness, blisters, softening or breaking down of skin.
- Peeling, cracking and scaling of feet.
2. Jock's itch: jock itch, also called tinea cruris, is a common skin infection that is caused by a type of fungus called tinea. The fungus thrives in warm, moist areas of the body and as a result, infection can affect the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks. Infections occur more frequently in the summer or in warm, wet climates. Jock itch appears as a red, itchy rash that is often ring-shaped. Symptoms can be described as:
- Itching, chafing, or burning in the groin or thigh
- A circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges
- Redness in the groin or thigh
- Flaking, peeling, or cracking skin
3. Ring worm: ring worm is a fungal infection which can occur anywhere on the skin. It is circular in appearance and often cause the surrounding skin to become scaly. Symptoms are common as of most fungal infections. Ring worm can be treated with many over the counter creams.
4. Yeast infection: they occur when yeast on the skin grows more actively and causes a red, scaling, itchy rash on the skin. Yeast infections are not contagious. It is especially common among people who are obese or who have diabetes. People taking antibiotics are also at risk of such. Yeast infection is one fungal infection with most varied symptoms.
Signs of yeast infection in skin folds include:
- Patches that ooze clear fluid
- Pimple-like bumps
- Itching or burning
Signs of yeast infection in the nail beds include:
Signs of thrush (yeast infection of the mouth) include:
- White patches on tongue and inside of the cheeks
Signs of vaginal yeast infection include:
- White or yellow discharge from the vagina
- Redness in the external area of the vagina
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hello doctor. I need a help its urgent. Last 4 days before my girlfriend feel horny then she used a pen to inside her vagina its not a first time, after doing this she is fine bt last 2 days she is in pain :(last night she ok. Bt today morning onwards she feel so painful. So, plzz me suggest me ani medicine or talk to me then I will explain very well, or help me. Its urgent.
I have read somewhere that after ovulation if we take any contraceptive pill then its useless, it won't work .I have intercourse after 2 days of my periods and took unwanted 72 within 24 hrs.
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes through you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
- Prenatal care: As soon as you realize that you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning – the whole hog.
- Diet: You need to ensure two things: that you are eating enough for two people, and also that everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
- Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
- Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
- Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
- A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
- Avoid eating non-pasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food, and smoked seafood.
- Folic acid is compulsory for the first trimester as it helps to protect your unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Also, it helps to prevent other birth defects, such as a cleft palate .
- Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
- Exercise: There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine. Exercising while pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
- Improved energy levels
- Controls back pain
- Improved sleep pattern
- Improves constipation
- Improves muscles strength and endurance
- Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby’s health throughout pregnancy.
Dear Doctor, I did my home pregnancy tests it came positive then I did a Beta HCG on 6th Aug it was 198.30. Then the doctor said no gestation sack and no fetal pole after an internal scan. So on 15th Aug I did another beta HCG it's 726 and yet I got a small blood clot today and I see like tissue particles light brown when I pass urine. Please advise am I pregnant?
Dear doctor, my periods was coming regularly, now 2 months gone but periods was not coming, I will check pregnancy test also, but result was negative, this problem since nearly one and half year ago, some time come every month, some time once in two months, now 2 months 10 days, but periods was not coming, please help me doctor.
My gf took I pill yesterday night and we have unprotected sex today morning, it was 1.5 mg, is this enough or either she have to take another I pill. Please help.
I had sex with my partner but we used protection. But now after a week I feel as if I am getting fat. My breast size is increasing and tips are always hard and I have abdomen pains too. My stomach feels so harder. I even feel dizy. My periods date is after 2 days. But I am worried. Is there any chance of me getting pregnant?
I am 6 month pregnant what should diet I follow during this period. And I have continues pain in upper abdomen.
Low libido or a decreased intimate activity can affect a relationship in a big way. In some extreme cases, the impact is such that it leads to irreconcilable marital discords. Time and again, an individual, irrespective of their age, sex or occupation can go through phases of low libido. Decreased sexual desire over a longer period of time needs thorough investigation.
It could be an indication of something big and serious lying ahead. 7 critical factors attributing to low libido
- Hormonal imbalance: Women, mostly menopausal and post menopausal, experience low libido. This is because during menopause, there is a significant drop in the oestrogen level. Reduced oestrogen level can have a huge impact on sexual desires and performance. It can also make the vagina dry, resulting in painful penetration and intercourse. Hormonal imbalance or changes during pregnancy can also result in low libido in females. In males, low libido has been found to be associated with decreased levels of testosterone.
- Stress: An individual's mental and emotional state is greatly reflected in their sexual performance. A sound mental health can enhance a performance thousand folds. On the contrary, factors like depression, anxiety and stress lowers the sexual desires in a person. To enjoy a healthy and normal sexual life, it is important to keep stress and chronically blue moods at bay.
- Sound sleep to the rescue: The benefits of a sound sleep are beyond imagination. A good 6- 8 hours of sleep can do your sexual desires or libido a world of good. A sleep deprived soul will be agitated and cranky, both on and off the bed. Continuous sleep deprivation can also lower the testosterone level, resulting in low libido.
- Medical ailemnts: Medical conditions like diabetes, cardiac problems, high blood pressure, or ailments of the coronary artery can rupture an individual's sexual life immensely. Improper functioning of the thyroid glands is another factor contributing to low libido. In such cases, it is best to consult a physician at the earliest. Rest Leg Syndrome can also contribute to low libido. It is a condition whereby a male experiences uncontrollable urge to move his legs.
- Smoking: A killer habit affecting a person's sexual activity is smoking. Drug abuse and drinking (to some extent) can be equally responsible for a low libido.
- Weight gain: A sudden change in body weight (gain or loss) can play a significant role in low libido. Take pride in your body structure. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Monotony: Boredom can mask your sexual life greatly. Break the monotony, take short breaks, go on vacations and low libido will be a thing of the past. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
- Take proper sleep of eight hours.
- Drink plenty of water, if you don't like plain water add cucumber, lemon, pineapple, mint etc to add flavor.
- Add chilli peppers to your regular diet.
- Dont skip your regular meals.
- Take low carbs.
- catalysing metabolic reactions
- replicating dna
- responding to stimuli
- transporting molecules etc.
Searching for ssohm on internet will help.
I am 23 years old and I have a cyst in right ovary measuring of size 41mm. 4 yrs back it was of 1 cm. I had been taking dayna 35 for last 4 yrs but hv stopped just 4 months ago. Please advice is it somthing serious.
Hi, I have pcod. I am in treatment for past 2 years. I have thyroid also. Tsh level is 7. Past two months I didn't get periods. Am waiting for second baby. I have bartholin cyst also. How can remove the bartholin cyst without surgery? Pls suggest me the correct treatment. Thx.
Hyperacidity, psoriasis, migraine, ibs, chronic fatigue are some examples of stress induced disease.
Along with medicines patients should learn to manage stress. Improving self awareness is first step of it. Mindfulness meditation is very useful to improve self awareness. Because of this awareness person can choose thought to ponder or to ignore. It is important learning.
Irrational thoughts are the main culprit for our anxiety and stress. Mindfulness helps to slow down internal clutter. Mindful walking. Mindful eating changes default mode of our brain. Our brain is always thinking. It is similar to computer. If there are too many files opened simultaneously the computer will get slowed and crashed. You should scan it and close some open files. Similarly our brain is stressed due to continuous thinking.
Meditation helps to shut down some files in our brain for some time. Five to ten minutes of meditation will revitalize your brain.
Meditation is non religious. Anyone can learn it and experience it's benefits by one month regular practice. There are many research papers published worldwide on effects of meditation. Dr. Herbert benson from howard university named it as relaxation response. He found that meditation is helpful on many stress induced disease. Meditation can be learned by online coaching. There is no need to meet so called spiritual or religious guru. It is better to learn it from doctor because he can synergistically teach meditation with psychotherapy.