Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PadmanabhaYour feedback matters!
I am 17 yrs old and so weak and reason is nightfall. This sudden nightfall occurs and I came to know about this in next morning. My organ is also so weak and whole body is in pain feeling that nothing remains in the body. What to do? please help me!
My son age 3 years what powder should be good for adding of milk is it junior hairloss or prediassuure.
Utmost care should be given for children s dental health. Tooth appears six months from birth. Clean tooth with wet gauze and go for a dental visit at soon aftr first year of birth. Taking child to a dentist at young age is the best way to prevent tooth related problems.
Hello Doctor, My son completed 5 months and entered into 6 th month 1st week. He always keeps his head towards left side and holds bit crossed towards left. Is that normal or do we need to do get him checked? If so. Should we consultant paediatrician or orthopaedic? Please suggest?
My baby had injection in second month on hip. But I heard dis injection is given only on thighs. Also he had fever for 3 days. Is my doctor right?
I have a son who is eight years old and studies in class 3. We had in our family a criminal case 30 years back. Which is permanently settled. Now One teacher in his school is making stories about the incident and demeaning my child. Now I want a written report to know if this has caused any psychological effect on his mind. And if yes how to cure them so that he does not suffer from low confidence in class and to take the teacher to the law for bullying a child.
My child is of 4 months. He got loose motion due to infection because I feed him through bottle also please suggest me remedy.
Hi dr, My baby is 10 months old hr skin is to dry I wanna use lotion which lotion best for babies please suggest 2 3 options. I am waiting for you rply.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated for the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?
My 4 days old baby always getting hiccups. Is there any problem. Does it need any remedy. Please suggest me.
Meri sister ko 30 days pahle baby hui per ab usse dudh nahi nikal raha hai bahut pain ho raha hai please help koi upay bataye. Thanks.
My daughter Jinia is 4 years old and has been grinding her teeth during sleep for last 1 week. Her urine also smells foul and she started urinating too frequently. Kindly suggest.
A spoonful of honey can quieten children?s? night time cough and help them and their parents sleep better.
When compared to the cough syrup ingredient dextromethorphan or no treatment, honey came out on top. According to a study from Archives of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, the results are so strong that it can be said that honey is better than no treatment and dextromethorphan was not in children with upper respiratory infections (URIs). There is currently no proven effective treatment for cough due to an URI like the common cold. While dextromethorphan is widely used, there is no evidence that it works, and it carries risks.
Honey is used around the world as a home remedy for cough, and might provide a safe, effective alternative to cough medicine.
To investigate its role, the researchers compared buckwheat honey, a honey?flavoured dextromethorphan preparation, and no treatment in 105 children who had sought treatment for night time coughs due to colds. Among the three groups, children given honey had the greatest reduction in cough frequency and severity, and the most improved sleep, as did their parents. Its sweet, syrupy quality may be soothing to the throat, while its high antioxidant content could also be a factor. Honey also has antimicrobial effects.
Honey is not recommended for infants younger below one year of age because of the risk of botulism spores.
Children might vomit after meals due to various causes. While they may not be life threatening or potentially harmful to the child, getting to the bottom of the problem to deal with it is better, so as to prevent it from becoming a chronic problem is definitely vital.
Listed below are some of the most common reasons children might throw up:
- Gastroenteritis: This may be virus, bacteria and parasite induced. The best way to deal with it is to eat clean food and wash hands with an antiseptic soap prior to each meal. It is usually seen in combination with diarrhoea.
- Allergies: Some children who throw up might do so as it is allergy induced. To diagnose the cause of food induced vomiting, the allergens must be noticed as soon as possible as there might be more than one food ingredient causing the reaction in the child. Each time the child throws up, the parents must note down all the food ingredients consumed by the child. This helps the paediatrician in better diagnosing the underlying cause of vomiting. In children up to the age of 4, foods such as rice, poultry, milk and soy often act as triggers and it is called ‘food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome’ (FPIES).
- Backing up of food: Anti peristalsis or the backward movement of food along the digestive tract might happen in children for a host of reasons. The digestive tract has muscles which prevent the backward flow of food and instead, force the food downwards i.e. from mouth to anus. Due to children having weaker musculature in their digestive tract, regurgitation might be a frequent occurrence.
- Reflux: Swallowing large amounts of air while eating can make the child bloated leading to reflux. Reflux can also take place if the baby is being overfed.
If the child is frequently throwing up after meals, keeping them hydrated is of utmost importance. Unless a doctor prescribes them anti-vomiting medicines, they shouldn’t be administered to children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
I have a kid who will soon turn 3. I'm so worried that she doesn't put on weight. Birth weight was 2.36 kgs. Uptill year 1 she gained well Theron it's minimal. Now too she weigh btw 10.6 to 10.80. Somehow each time I feel she will gain weight, she falls sick and loses weight. Hence her weight always stays within 11 kgs. She is otherwise a super active baby. My ped advised pediasure but nothing. Trying to get her eat the list given by a dietician but no results. I am worried.
I am expecting a baby very soon since we have crossed more than 5 years of marriage life. I do have hormonal imbalance issue. Is it curable?
My 10.5 month baby isn't gaining weight. I give her two snacks and three meals a day which includes veggies and fruits. Her weight is 7 kgs which is really concerning. I wish there should be an article on babies weight like other articles by doctors.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.