Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Padma SYour feedback matters!
One of the most common scenarios that most people are faced with is a constant feeling of tiredness and lethargy even after you have had a full night’s sleep. The questions popping in your mind right about now is, why is this happening? Why does the lethargic feeling fail to leave you even after you had a proper 8 hours sleep? Why is your sleep getting into the way of your professional productivity? Though there are a number of different explanations to this constant feeling of cloudiness throughout the day, hence, experts in the field have listed down some of the factors that prove to be the major causes behind this condition.
Some of these most common and powerful reasons are listed below.
- Thyroid: The moment your thyroid levels start soaring, you will automatically find it difficult to keep up with the pace that your day to day life demands. The thyroid gland, which is placed right in front of the throat, is the size of the knot on your tie. This gland produces a hormone. When the activity of the thyroid gland, it starts secreting more and more of the hormones, leading to a condition termed as hyperthyroidism. The same gland when underperforms, it starts holding back the hormone secretion, leading to a condition called hypothyroidism. In both the cases the metabolism of the body slows down, leading to an increased level of tiredness even after proper sleep.
- Anaemia: Another leading cause of that nagging feeling of sleepiness and draining energy is Anaemia. Anaemia causes a certain amount of fatigue in an individual. The main cause influencing this situation is the lack of presence of enough red blood cells. The main function of these red blood cells is to transfer oxygen constantly from the long to the cells and tissues. A break in this process leads to you feeling weak and also short of breath.
- Diabetes: Diabetes poses a serious threat to the all over functioning of your body. It is termed as the slow killer and constantly works towards undermining the level of energy a normal individual can hold. This adversely affects your day to day life, including your performance at work and also performing your daily chores at home. The glucose in your body serves as a fuel for your daily activities. Since patients with type 2 diabetes cannot use this rising glucose in their blood properly, they end up being more tired than they ought to be.
Other conditions that lead to the same draining feeling and constant tiredness even after lot of sleep are depression, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, sleep inertia, periodic limb movement disorder, constant exposure to computer screens, tv screen, monitors, etc. There are a whole bag of other factors that lead to the constant feeling of tiredness that you are feeling. Before the end of the day, you are drained, your productivity drops and you cannot wait to hit the bed, and the same is the condition when you get out of bed. Consulting a general physician will not only help you put a finger on the cause, but also cure it with proper treatment.
My sister is pregnant. While cooking food she feels like omitting due the smell of cooking. What shall she do. And why is this happening.
Hello doctor yadi hum apne mensuration k fifth day and other day without protection sex karte hai to hum pregent nahi hote kya. Ovaluation time k pahale yadi sex karte hai to kya pregency ka koi chance nahi kya.
Hi I am 6 months pregnant and my skin is becoming darker with black spots all over my neck please suggest some cream so that slowly and steadily these marks gets vanished.
Hi doc I have undergone D&N more than a month ago but till now my menses have not recovered. Doctor I was consulting gave me progesterone tablets for 1 week but no result was obtained. Please suggest.
She had 4 miscarriages in the first trimester. She was found to be Rubella IgG positive. Whether it is good to take Rubella vaccine? and her other antibodies test were negative.
Maine jab se apni bikni wax karvayi hai mera vaginal discharge bahut zyada ho raha hai aisa kyu hai n mujhe iska koi solution bataye?
Hello doctor, I can completely insert my middle finger into my vagina. When I try for 2 fingers middle n index together then half of the fingers are inside. I feel I can insert still more but I am scared to. My hubby can insert hardly 1 n half inch of his penis into me. I don't feel any pain. But he can't insert fully and he ejaculates there. Will I be able to conceive like this? How can I get deeper Penetration? Please answer my questions.
It's been 8 months after my 1st miscarriage in october 2016, I am not able to conceive, we had taken a break of 5 months. We have been trying since 3 months for a baby. After every monthly periods which is absolutely accurate and normal we follow the dates as prescribed by the doctor. But it was unsuccessful. I would also drag your attention to, I feel anxiety, fear, and nervous before I get the result out and evrytime my lower abdomen pains a lot every month, then it goes on increasing then as usual I get my periods in it's right time, I noticed this pain when we started planning, it was not there in those 5 months break after miscarriage. So now I wonder why this pain? Why am I not able to conceive? Even though all my blood test reports are normal till now as per doctor.
Trying to get pregnant can go either ways for most couples that is it can be a breeze, or it can be a difficult process that ends up with lots of fertility clinic visits. While in some cases, the reasons for not being able to conceive may come down to male infertility, there are many cases where the reason may be female infertility too. In many other cases, both male and female infertility may be the cause.
Let us discuss female infertility in more details here.
When can it be called Infertility?
When a couple is not being able to conceive even after trying for a period of over a year, then a case can be made in favour of infertility. Infertility can result from females in at least one third of the cases, as per various medical studies. While the actual cause may be difficult to diagnose, there are many available treatments that one can use in order to fix the underlying issues.
When to Start Worrying?
Female infertility comes with many symptoms, while the main symptom may be the inability to conceive, the other symptoms include excessively long menstrual cycles that show signs of slowing down only after 35 days or so, or even cycles that are too short where they appear within 21 days. Irregular and absent periods can point at the lack of ovulation which is the main sign of infertility. Other than that, there are no outward signs of infertility as such apart from pelvic pain and cramping or heavy bleeding during periods. If you are 30 years of age, or younger, then you may want to see a doctor regarding irregular and absent periods, or the lack of conception even after trying for a year. Also, if you are between 35 and 40 years of age, you can discuss the inability to conceive with your doctor, after efforts for six months. If you have been trying to conceive and you are over 40 years of age, then the doctor will put you through tests on an immediate basis.
The Requirements for Conception?
In order to conceive, you will need to ovulate on a normal basis and have regular menstrual cycles as well as intercourse. Also, your fallopian tubes and uterus must be in normal working condition without any infections and other conditions.
There may be many causes for female infertility including ovarian faults like polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), hypothalamic dysfunction, premature ovarian insufficiency and excessive prolactin in the ovaries. Also, pelvic inflammation disorders that lead to damage of the fallopian tubes and other uterus related issues like endometriosis can lead to female infertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi Sir, My last periods started on 25th Oct. And today on 19th Nov we had unprotected sex. But semen ejaculation after orgasm, was outside my vagina. Is there any chance I could get pregnant? My period are regular and lasts for 5 to 8 days. I am afraid of taking contraceptive pill because of side effects. Please suggest.
Doc, two months back I had unprotected inter course though sperm was led outside. Last two my periods was on time. Yet now I am feeling different about it like vomiting type symptoms. I was wondering if there is any chance that I could be pregnant?
I am 21 n having recurrent boils folliculitis in vaginal area and labia minora swelling since five years. It get relived aftr treatment bt again relapse. I am virgin. please tell mi the diagnosis. I have taken almost all antibiotics. Bt not got permanent relief.
Kisi bhi pregnent ladies ka operation se delivery karani ho to blood minimum kitna hona chahiye operation krne k liye.
A lot of pain, burning and hurt can be relieved by knowing properties of a few things from your kitchen. While minor burns and injuries can scare the wits out of anyone, young or old, the cure to relieving the pain and ensuring speedy healing lies in your cabinet.
Here are few things to do and to avoid:
1. No Ice on a Burn: ice is known to restrict the flow of blood to the skin. What you should do instead is put the burnt area immediately under running water. The idea is to cool the area. The water used should be cool and not ice cold.
2. Soothe with Aloevera. Aloevera is known to be a good remedy for burns and while it stops the pain, it also reduces the swelling and repairs the skin. Aloevera gel can be applied in sometime, but the gel should not be contaminated and should be clean.
3. Use Mint for Relief: After running cold water on the burnt area, pat it dry gently and apply a layer of crushed mint leaves, do not apply mint toothpaste over it. As toothpaste can get dried or stuck there and cause further injury. If mint leaves are used they should be clean and be thoroughly washed with water.
4. Try Tea Bags: If you have black tea bags at home, they can be of help. Moist wet, cooled tea bags, depending upon the area of the burnt skin and place over the area. Wrap with clean gauze. This can be used on slightly raw skin as it is astringent.
5. Puncture the Blisters: If there are blisters, never peel them off completely, you may puncture them to drain the fluid but do not remove the top layer of skin, as that serves as a natural protective dressing.
6. Apply Honey: A natural antibiotic, honey is used to prevent the burnt area from getting infected.
7. Rub Coconut Oil: Coconut oil has vitamin e and anti-bacterial properties which also stop the burnt area from getting infected. However, this should be used in healing phase when there are no blisters or they have started healing.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.