Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Padma Rekha PYour feedback matters!
Hello doc I'm a mother of 20 days old girl. and I want to know when can I have outside food or junk food I mean after how many months. and doctor when can you plan to diet? Thanks in advance.
Dear sexologist, how we will be do anal sex without pain. We used condom but also my wife deeply got pain. While sex how she control pain. Kindly suggest me notes.
Have white patches, in uterus, having from my 10 year old, now I m 28, it was little, say it was gradually decreased. I gave break, again in my degree - I consulted doctor becoz it was at uterus was very difficult to consult with him, he was behaving differently, got frustrated to meet doctor he gave tacros 0. 1% ointment, black appeared so left, say 6 months, I forgot gradually increased coverd the uterus now reached below also. I m tensed now becoz my marriage s der, I want to know, which doctor to choose? shall I continue with tacros only for white patches in uterus?
Hello Doctors , My son new born with 2 months now and we are using for bottle feeding with similar 1 advance because my wife is not having enough breast milk so my question here is that which is the best feeding bottle we can buy and what is the process for cleaning the bottle and nipple. Kindly suggest your valuable responses. Thanks
Sex with cloths on. I was wearing jeans and underwear and girl is wearing underwear and trouser. We did it on 6th of july. On 8th of july she got her period. 1st day spotting, 2nd,3rd day-bleeding with some clots. 4 day also bleed. From 5 day bleeding stops gradually. Can she become pregnant? What is the sign of blood clots? Clots are common in pregnancy or in period?
My periods has been stopped since 8 days. On that day I had sex with my hubby. Suddenly bright red colour blood came out from vagina. From that day onwards bleeding was heavy my breasts are becoming bigger and nipple area has become smooth. Also I used to go frequent urination for few days but after bleeding started although I am drinking more water but I am not going to washroom frequently to pee. What does that mean? Am I having miscarriage or I am pregnant? My blood is brown colour in the discharge and like a period it is continuing since 3 days. Am I pregnant still? I doubt it as miscarriage and I am sad about this. Please suggest me what should I do. Should I go to hospital?
The condition occurs when white blood cells attack the cells in hair follicles, causing them to shrink and dramatically slow down hair production. It is unknown precisely what causes the body's immune system to target hair follicles in this way.
While scientists are unsure why these changes occur, it seems that genetics are involved as alopecia areata is more likely to occur in a person who has a close family member with the disease. One in five people with the disease has a family member who has also developed alopecia areata.
Other research has found that many people with a family history of alopecia areata also have a personal or family history of other autoimmune disorders, such as atopy (a disorder characterized by a tendency to be "hyperallergicThyroiditis,Vitiligo .Despite what many people think, there is very little scientific evidence to support the view that alopecia areata is caused by stress. Extreme cases of stress could potentially trigger the condition, but most recent research points toward a genetic cause.
My wife is pregnant from 14 days and she suffered from thyroid and she take thyroid medicine. Is it safe to take thyroid medicine in pregnancy.
When it comes to health, there is no taking a chance. Most of us are in the habit of storing some medicines at home, which could come in handy, say for a headache or an acidity attack. However, these often remain in the medicine kit for a long time before they are actually used. So, finally when the day arrives when there is an actual need for it, we are not sure if it is still usable. The one thing we dread is the use of a medicine, which is past its expiry date.
What if there is an adverse event? What if there is a complication or a side effect?
Then, if we are not in a position to get a fresh pill, we would rather endure the pain or acidity than pop that outdated pill. Is it really prudent to do so? I say otherwise. Most medicines have the expiry date to indicate the date or time, until when the drug would have the most potency and efficacy. Meaning to say, the drug may become weak (take longer to act or may require more of the drug to produce the same effect) when taken after the listed expiry date.
The truth is that most pharma companies list a date, which could be months, if not years, ahead of the actual expiry date. In reality, a drug never really expires. Most medicines can be used up to a few months after this date. Some medicines may even be useful after years of their expiry date.
It depends as to what the medicine is for:
- Painkillers are usually harmless to take beyond the expiry date. If there is no effect (even prolonged), then try to get a fresh one.
- Chronic medications like anti-hypertensives and anti-diabetic medications can be used up to a few months at the most, not beyond. Make sure to monitor readings to check for the efficacy. Often times, a greater dose may be required to get the desired effect, but this should not be done without medical supervision.
- Biologic products like EpiPen, eye drops or injectable substances should not be used, if they are cloudy. In fact, most of these should be kept for a very short period after opening.
- With any expired medicine, keep your doctor posted, especially your chronic meds to seek further advice and information.
The place and the way the drug is stored also may help in retaining its strength. A drug stored in the fridge is safer than something stashed away in a cupboard with a lot of other things. Keep these in mind, and take a call! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi, I am having irregular periods from many years, now I got married and its almost 1 year and 4 months we are having sex without precautions, but I am not getting pregnant, I do not ovulate regularly, I am undergoing follicle study since last 5 months, in which only 2 cycle I got dominant follicle. I want to know that can I get pregnant or not, if I can get pregnant that what should I need to do. My doctor giving me progynova 2 mg tablets for ovulation.
Hello Doc, I am 19 years old. I had a protected sex with my boyfriend today morning approx. We had sex before were he used condom but it got break. I had a emergency pills after 3 hrs so that time I was safe. This time We had a sex and he was more protective this time. He used 3 condoms at a time and when he understand that his sperms are getting out he immediately stopped inter-coursing. I didn't have a pills later. I was not eating for 3 days 2 days before our sex. Now my problem is I'm losing my consciousness after few hours. I sugar, I had good amount of food, but still I'm losing my consciousness. I want your suggestion what is it all about. And is it OK or it is a serious issue.
My wife is suffering from PCOD disease. Harmonce related problems so it's a serious problem or not, is she will face any problem in pregnancy?
I want paediatrician to answer this question, can I take Tab garcinia two tabs in a day one before lunch and dinner with my pattern of life, I am breastfeeding my baby who is 1.5 yrs, I feed him only 2 times in 24 hrs. I want to reduce 10 kg weight.
The cancer of the ovaries is known as ovarian cancer. In women there are two ovaries present on each side of the uterus. These ovaries are as big as an almond in size and produce egg also known as ova. They also secrete the hormones progesterone and estrogen.
Ovarian cancer goes undetected until it spreads to the abdomen and pelvis. When detected at this stage then it might be fatal and the treatment gets difficult. An early stage ovarian cancer where the cancer is restricted in the ovaries is much easier to treat with high success rates.
Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer :
- Age - With increasing age the risk of ovarian cancer is higher and is more common in women who are 60 and above. It is less common in women below 40 years of age and develops often after menopause.Obesity Women who have a body mass index of 30 are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- History of Reproduction - It is believed that women who conceive before 26 and carry the full term have a lower risk of ovarian cancer. However, the risk is higher in those women who get pregnant after 35 or who do not have a full term pregnancy. Also, breastfeeding the baby lowers the risk.
- Gene Mutation - Inherited gene mutation causes some percentage of ovarian cancer. These genes are called breast cancer genes 1 and 2 (BRCA1 and BRCA2). These were initially found in cases with breast cancer but also pose great risk for ovarian cancer. Also, gene mutation leading to Lynch syndrome plays an important role in increasing the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Family History - If a woman's mother, sister or daughter is suffering from ovarian cancer then she is at a higher risk of developing the same. The risk also increases if someone from the father&amp;#x2019;s side also has ovarian cancer.
- Fertility Drugs - Drugs like clomiphene citrate, if used for more than a year can increase the risk of the cancer. The risk is even higher if a woman taking the drug does not get pregnant.
- Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy - Long term use and large doses of estrogen can cause an increased risk. However, if estrogen is used in combination with progesterone then the risk is less.
- Age of menstruation and menopause - If menstruation starts before 12 and menopause occurs before 52 then there is a higher risk of getting the cancer.
- Diet - A low fat vegetarian diet has less risk of the disease. Fresh fruit and vegetables should be included in diet along with pulses, rice, pasta, beans, cereals and breads.