Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Padma Prakash
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Padma PrakashYour feedback matters!
I delivered a baby boy 5 years ago and breastfed him for around 2 years and 8 months. However I still have sensitive nipples. They are erect maximum time, I have to wear padded bras in order to conceal them. Please help.
My son (1-years 8-month old & weighing 12.5 kg) has recently developed fever (100-101 F) with mild cold & cough. We have seen a pediatric doctor, who (in addition to calpol syrup) has prescribed a bunch of medicines as follows - 1) Syrup Moxclav (228.5 mg / 5 ml) 3 ml BD for 5-days 2) Syrup Zincovit 1 TSP OD for 2-weeks 3) Syrup Ascoril D 1 TSP TDS for a week 4) Econorm sachet OD for a week. However, my son seems to become quite restless (specially at night) after starting these new medicines. He suddenly wakes up at 2 AM & then plays for next couple of hours & finally sleeps again at 4 AM, which we had never faced before. By googling, I found syrup Ascoril D' should not be given to kids younger than 4-years & it also has side effects like agitation etc. Can you kindly review rest of the medicines & advise whether any of them should be stopped immediately ?
Hi my daughter Jan 1 -15 born is having bow legs. Her vit d level are only 2.dr has prescribed vit d and calcirol. I want to know any exercise to correct bow legs.
My grandson 3 years 10 monthshas frequent cold, cough, fever with no appetite and bit weak and little underweight also. Plvsuggestceffective remedy. Thanks.
My baby is 6months old. Between how much gap should I feed other semisolid food. For good health and weight gain.
Physical activity has been identified as an important contributor to maintaining good overall health. Low levels of activity are identified as a risk factor for a range of health conditions, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes and osteoporosis, as well as being a strong contributor to levels of obesity.
Low levels of physical activity are a major risk factor for ill health and mortality from all causes. People who do not do sufficient physical activity have a greater risk of cardiovascular disease, colon and breast cancers, type 2 diabetes and osteoporosis. Being physically active improves mental and musculoskeletal health and reduces other risk factors such as overweight, high blood pressure and high blood cholesterol.
Can I use pure coconut oil for daily use cooking to my one year old daughters food? Is it healthy for her?
Baby was admitted in a hospital for intestine obstruction, post surgery if he is being kept with other infected infants in NICU then what are chances of getting infection to our baby.
Deafness in children is not an uncommon phenomenon. 1-3 infants per 1000 birth is born with congenital sensory disorder. This is much higher when conductive hearing losses both congenital and acquired are taken into account. There is lack of awareness about the gravity of the problem among general population and medical fraternity.
- Children learn to communicate by imitating the sounds they hear. Deafness in the early months of life in a child deprives this valuable sensory input. This results in non development of speech or delayed speech/language development, social problems and academic difficulties.
- The goal of early intervention is to integrate the deaf child into the family and into society, to ensure development of normal/near normal speech and to enable the growth and development of a healthy confident child.
- Universal neonatal hearing screening (UNHS) can diagnose babies born with deafness. They can be treated with hearing aid or cochlear implant to restore their hearing and subsequently speech language therapy started as soon as possible.
- Early intervention results in normal or near normal speech and the affected child can be integrated into the society.
- The parents, doctors and the society should come together and work hand in hand for achieving this goal.