Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Padma. N. RYour feedback matters!
My face has been black after pregnancy I have use so many creams but I m unsatisfied pls sujjed me a medicine that will make me well soon.
My teeth is very yellowish what type purpose for whiteness please give some giedlise for white teeth also pain in teeth.
I am underweight since I had jaundice (2006) consult me eating habits so that I can put my weight on.
Iam 25 years old and I have stomach pain from last two weeks and I can not eat properly. What should I do?
My mother has fluctuating BP, can I give her Nutrilite Glucosamine HCl with Bosewella, is there any risk? Thank You.
Why I am not growing? My mom height is 4'5 and my height was stopped at 4'12 itself. My age is 22. Is there any chance to grow now or in future. If yes, kindly want solution. Thanks in advance.
Hi guys I am Mohsin, My question regarding my health I am doing night shift when I am sleeping I am feeling rest less and unable to sleep for 8 hours and I am having headache lots of time do you have any solution for this?
hello sir, my age is 28, my weight is 85, my height is 173 cm, actually I have regular acidity and gas problem every day. After sleeping and wake in morning my toe become heavy and pain start, I also have left knee problem. Is any remedies.
I am a 23 years old girl and i am 85 kg I walk a lot I don't eat red meat. I eat chicken only twice a week. But still i'm gaining weight. I can't go for gaining and all because i'm working and I don't get time as well please help me with some tips how can I lose weight quickly.
Never tense for knee joint pain take 2 gm turmeric powder with hot milk 200ml and 1/4 tsf deshi ghee mix all these drink at bedtime. Find better result in pain and stiffness, do mild excercise and walking apply any oil over the joints.
Keep it continue.
I am suffering from hair loss specially above forehead ,from the front part of head. I am oiling properly then also it continues. What to do?
Sir, I take my daily food on time without delay. But then also I feel weakness. I also get tired when I am not working. Please suggest me medicines and also need your advice what to do?
I am suffering from heavy hair fall and lots of dandruff what should I do for stop it? please suggest me.
I am 23 years old. I'm suffering from hair fall since last 2-3 years. I consulted with a doctor and she told its because of dandruff. So she recommended me selsun shampoo. I use it twice a week. dandruff is now reduced a lot. Br hair is still falling. Some people told me to use castor oil with normal coconut oil mixture and rub it through the scalp. So I want to know would this work?
I am a field network engineer and in the last 2 month my weight has gone down from 65 kgs to 60 kgs. I want to increase my weight.
I feel tired sleepy and weakness and pain in my hole body. With headache .so I want to gain my weight.
Posterior cruciate ligament helps to hold the knee together. If there is a ligament tear, it results in pain, swelling and redness. The cruciate ligament connects the important tibia to the femur. Any injury to the posterior cruciate ligament may take months to heal and has the potential to cause instability and disability.
Signs and symptoms: The symptoms and signs of a posterior cruciate ligament injury include moderate to severe pain resulting in difficulty in walking and limp. The knee swells to a large proportion within minutes of the injury causing the knee to feel loose. There are certain situations when a patient doesn’t feel a thing about the injury and then there is a case where the pain worsens every day.
Causes: A tear in the posterior cruciate ligament appears when the shin bone gets hit. It can also occur when a person falls down with a bent knee. Some common injuries of this sort occur during motor vehicle accidents and contact sports. Apart from this, sudden accidents hitting the back portion of the knee can also result in ligament injury of the posterior cruciate ligament. Historically, men have been found to be more risk prone to this condition as compared to women.
What are the complications?
A posterior cruciate ligament injury may result in damage to other ligaments and bones within the knee. Based on the type of injury, the long term implications are predicted by healthcare professionals. The risk of developing arthritis and long term chronic pain exists in this condition.
- X-rays. Although they will not show any injury to your posterior cruciate ligament, X-rays can show whether the ligament torn off with a piece of bone when it was injured. This is called as an avulsion fracture.
- MRI. This study creates better images of soft tissues like the posterior cruciate ligament.
If you have injured just your posterior cruciate ligament, your injury may heal quite well without surgery doctor recommend simple, nonsurgical options.
- RICE: When you are first injured, the RICE method - rest, ice, gentle compression and elevation can help speed your recovery.
- Immobilization: You may require a brace to prevent your knee from moving. To further protect your knee, you may be given crutches to keep you from putting weight on your leg.
- Physical therapy: As the swelling goes down, a careful rehabilitation program is started. Specific exercises will restore function to your knee and strengthen the leg muscles that support it. Strengthening the muscles in the front of your thigh (quadriceps) has been shown to be a key factor in a successful recovery.
Your doctor may recommend surgery if you have combined injuries. For example, if you have dislocated your knee and torn multiple ligaments including the posterior cruciate ligament, surgery is almost always necessary.
- Rebuilding the ligament: Because sewing the ligament ends back together does not usually heal, a torn posterior cruciate ligament must be rebuilt. Your doctor will replace your torn ligament with a tissue graft. This graft is taken from another part of your body. It can take several months for the graft to heal into your bone.
- Procedure: Surgery to rebuild a posterior cruciate ligament is done with an arthroscope using small incisions. Arthroscopic surgery is less invasive. The benefits of less invasive techniques include less pain from surgery, less time spent in the hospital, and quicker recovery times.
Surgical procedures to repair posterior cruciate ligaments continue to improve. More advanced techniques help patients resume a wider range of activities after rehabilitation.
Whether your treatment involves surgery or not, rehabilitation plays a vital role in getting you back to your daily activities. A physical therapy program will help you regain knee strength and motion. Although it is a slow process, your commitment to therapy is the most important factor in returning to all the activities you enjoy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.