Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P V Prakash RaoYour feedback matters!
My female baby of 11 months has not shown any sign of teething as on date .is it OK or should we take some corrective steps.
I am 27 years old, I have a 14 months baby (breastfeeding). My breast are became sagging & breast are not good size. How I increase my breast size? What do I do for sagging breast? How I tighten my loose belly?
My daughter is 17 months old and her weight is 7 kgs, her birth weight was 2.43 kg. She is suffering from congenial heart disease VSDL. Kindly suggest a better homoeopathic medicine or tonic for her weight gain.
My brother is 8 years old. He has pain in his stomach and sometimes he also get fever. As per report he has few enlarged mesentric lymph nodes which are scattered in lower abdominal cavity. Want to know what kind type of treatment he shall go through to recover.
My daughter 2.8 years age often complaints about stomachache; more often before passing stool. What can be the reason and what is the remedy.
Hi, My daughter is 1 month old If breast milk is not possible can we give cow's milk to new born 1 month old baby? If not please suggest.
My daughter bshut roti hai Avi 4yera ki hone ja rahi hi fir avi v bahut roti hai Plesse koi upay bataye ki kya jare bahut presan rahte hai.
My brother is 11 years old studying in 6 th std. Now a days he is not interested in writing notes in school. When he is writing he want to draw some scratches in book. He says that he also not interested in doing such things but his minds does not relax until he make some scratches in book . So that he can't write a single word and he feels stomach pain while does not doing this . But in home he is fine while writing and studies. Can you please give a solution for this.
Sir, meri beti 11 saal ki hai uska weight 26 kg hai morning breakfast nahi kar pati hai early morning school ke karan lekin 24 hours me she takes only two chapati or one small ball of rice or dalia only please give me a proper diet. Chart for her.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.