Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. P.V HegdeYour feedback matters!
I'm a 43 aged female. I keep going to the toilet 7-8 times a day. It's not loose motion. I'm suffering from thyroid. My legs has swelling since 16 years approx. I've opted many ways to cure my swelling from legs but nothing happened. Also ive acidity in my stomach all the time and constipation. If I eat anything my stomach rises up. Please help me with my stomach and swelling on legs.
My mom complains of pain and swelling in foot since 2 months. She tried everything like warm and cold packs, medicine etc but did not relieved. Her age is 40 yrs. Plzz advice something.
My father having body pain he is 52 year old can I give him voveran sr 75 What are the side effects of this medicine When I was in college my sports teacher referred me.
My nephew just 1.5 months old he's crying more and more doctor said that he's suffering from gastric problems and will be crying for next 3 months like it's colic, so what should we do? For him.
Severe pain during intercourse causes difficulty in a relationship in both partners. Sometimes a sustained occurrence of pain might be an indication of some serious medical dysfunction. As such, consult a doctor as soon as the pain arises. Contrary to popular beliefs, sexual pain can occur in both male and female.
In female, the reasons behind the painful sexual intercourse might be:
Vaginismus, a condition when the vaginal muscles tighten up mainly due to anxiety or fear and causes significant pain with a tearing sensation.
The pain can arise due to vaginal infection due to yeast or any form of sexually transmitted disease or pelvic inflammatory diseases.
A severe injury in the vagina during childbirth or any other accident and psychological stress can also cause severe pain during sex.
Sometimes, uterine or menopause problems (formation of fibroids in the uterus) can also cause pain.
Cyst formation in the ovary or endometriosis (when the inner tissue lining of the uterus tends to grow outside) can also cause severe pain during intercourse.
Some men can experience pain during intercourse because of allergy to the fluids of the vagina or the chemical content of certain contraceptives.
You can experience pain because of undiagnosed sexually transmitted diseases like herpes or gonorrhea
The pain might also occur due to urinary tract infections or side effects from certain medications.
Severe pain just a few moments before ejaculation can be a result of inflammation of the prostate glands and should be immediately diagnosed as it might be a signal of prostate cancer.
For treating pain during sex in female, you should opt for the following procedures
If the pain is caused due to vaginal dryness after menopause, you should consider the application of prescribed lubricants or jellies to reduce the pain.
If the pain occurs due to severe anxiety or stress, sex therapy can help you improve physical intimacy.
If there are other symptoms like severe bleeding or irregular periods in addition to the pain, a visit to the physician is recommended.
Quite similarly in men
If the pain occurs due to severe anxiety or stress, sex therapy can help you improve physical intimacy.
If the pain results from side effects of certain medications, you should try changing your prescribed medication after doctor’s suggestion.
In extreme cases, the doctors might suggest hormone replacement surgery.
I am 48 years old male. Diabetic from last 3 years however under control since last six months. A week back I had pain below righ chest. Consulted doctor and had some relief. In last four days a had serious stomach disorder and throat congestion. Loose stool motions of green. Brown color. After meditation of one day, I had some relief but stool color is still green. I am veg and only taking soup or light chapati. Pls advise, juice only.
Endometriosis is a painful condition where the endometrium tissue lining the walls of the uterus, grows as implants outside the womb of the patient. This can lead to a number of painful conditions and is often considered as a common cause behind severe pelvic pain, as far as women are concerned. Here is all you need to know about Endometriosis and pelvic pain.
- Painful Menstruation: Depending on the stage of the condition, the implants could remain on the surface or go deeper into the ovaries which may cause acute and severe problem during ovulation as well as the menstrual cycles. This is one of the symptoms that one must not ignore. If you are having painful cramps that affect the pelvic area and the abdomen, and if these cramps last throughout the duration of the cycle, then there are strong chances that you are experiencing the pain that comes with Endometriosis.
- Pain During and After Intercourse: While there are many reasons why women may face pain during intercourse, it may be noted that vaginal and pelvic pain that come during and after intercourse could point towards the presence of Endometriosis, which is causing irritation and discomfort due to the implants.
- Bowel Movements and Urination: Usually, pelvic pain may trickle down to and also get activated by the bowels when there is a motion as well as urination. This is a common problem that can cause pain, which spreads throughout the region if the patient is suffering from Endometriosis.
- Bloating and Other Symptoms: When the abdomen and nearby regions face bloating due to the implants and their painful spread, the pelvic region as a whole bears the brunt in terms of severe pelvic pain. The bloating and other symptoms like loose motions and constipation can also create pain in the abdomen and pelvic region on a persistence basis. Sharp pains may also shoot up and down the lower back due to such symptoms which should not be ignored if they do not abate within a few days.
- Misdiagnosis: Many times, the bloating and pelvic pain may be linked with pelvic inflammatory disease, which causes pain in the muscles and joints. But if you are having pain in the abdomen as well as problems during your menstrual cycle, then it may be helpful to have the tests for Endometriosis done as well.
In order to diagnose the condition, the doctor must ensure that proper imaging tests like MRI and CT scans as well as an ultrasound with lab tests based on blood samples have been conducted. The pelvic pain that comes with this condition can be treated with the help of pain relievers like ibuprofen and aspirin.
What we need to when have a high fever along with coff. Kindly suggest some solution and what type of foods we need to take?
Mujhe ulsar ki problem h or family ko bhi is mhine me har sal hote h or 12 mhino hmesa ek and ek ulsar mouth me hota rhta h but is bar kuch jyada ho gye max. Treatment k baad bhi koi effect nhi huaa or fir mandsour fir udaypur dikhaya wha admit kiya do din k liye but or problem bad gyi ulcer muh se gle me naal tak under utar gye to wha se ham wo hospital self se chod ker ahmdabaad Rajasthan hospital gye wha 7 din admit kiya but ek din me sare ulcer ohk ho gye but admit kiya 7 din treatment kiya jaach bhi kai but kuch pta nhi chala aakhir kyu hote h ye ulcer ha thik ho chuka h Ab but reason pta nhi chal paya or ek mhine ki wha se 1 tab roj ke liye di or wapas check up ke liye kha.
I am just married and I'm a Virgin. I have been watching porn and masturbating. I want to have sex with my wife. But I have low confidence that I might have a proper erection and I'm worried about performance too.
Hi dear sir/madam my vitamin B12 result 226 what can I do is this range ok .please suggest me my left leg knee feeling like numbness some times my hand fingers also.
Some says drinking water with meals is not good. Some says one can have water with meal. What's true? I do consume water with my lunch. Please tell me.
Hello doctor, whenever I breath I have severe pain on the upper right side of my back. The pain feels like something stabbing inside and due to that I can't breath deeply. Kindly help. thank you.
I am suffering from stomach/intestine problems, since long time. Usually my stomach is not well, that is, either having constipation or loose motions or gas. Its not getting cured, even after home remedies. So, kindly suggest some good measures to treat this problem.
My penis size small what I have to do I do masturbation twice or thrice in a week is it good please help me out.
Hello sir I want ask yu my wife is percent so I would ask you she has 41 weight how to gain weight she suffer from thyroid also she has 1.26 thyroid d so how to gain weight so pls tell me any diet, she ask also can do sex in pregent time reply me.
If you check the recent scientific studies, then you will come to know that PPI drugs are treated as the popular medicines to treat heartburn troubles, but as the side-effect, you will face acute cognitive troubles. Your mental condition might get affected in various ways causing memory or concentration loss, decrease in brain ability and others. Though, these drugs are very safe but only effectively treating heartburn troubles, especially gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
How Dementia is related with PPI drugs?
PPI drugs are normally recommended by doctors for treating heartburn issues, but if you are taking these drugs on a continuous basis, then you might face the unwanted signs or symptoms of dementia. This is a hardcore fact, and it has been observed by many reputed researchers of the present age. There are some commonest symptoms that can be observed due to dementia, and some of the prominent ones are as follows:-
- Beta-amyloid production: Beta-amyloid is a kind of protein and the growth of this specific protein increases to a great extent with the consistent intake of PPI drugs. This protein might lead to the increase in varied dementia signs, out of which the most severe kind of situation is Alzheimer's disease. This disease might get converted into dreadful condition at times, and this is the reason a regular or consistent intake of PPI drugs should be essentially avoided. If you are facing this condition, then you should report about the same to your doctor immediately. This protein is very toxic or harmful for the brain as your mental ability is being adversely affected.
- Decrease of vitamin B12: If vitamin B12 decreases day by day, then acute mental disturbances will get invited. If you want to avoid this kind of condition, then nothing can be a better option other than avoiding PPI drugs. This is the only reason that doctors never recommend taking these drugs in an excessive limit. In fact, sometimes, these drugs are prescribed along with other potential medicines that can help in maintaining mental health in good condition. If you have got any family history of mental trouble, then you should reveal the same to your doctor so that strong PPI medicines are not prescribed for gastric troubles. In fact, there are few limitations among PPI drugs that are never to be prescribed by doctors and all the doctors should follow the same in a sincere manner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.