Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.v.haridas VarierYour feedback matters!
My wife having irregular period after abortion with pills after taking pills she had period twice is there any problem of having irregular period or it may regular after sometime one month and 8 days she not having period from last period of her is 15 /09/2016.
I am having serious back ache issues from the past 2 months. I am very uncomfortable all the day. Please help.
I have very bad hair loss. I used all types of shampoo. That exist only from last two month. Kindly help me to solve this issue.
Hi i am having rash on hand don't know how do I get it, now its spreading on all over my body and itching too much can not sleep. Please suggest cure.
Can girls too increase height at age 20 by proper diet and exercises even after growth plates have closed? Are there any chances?
You can try this maneuver on people who have choked upon food, articles and you have very less time to wait for the emergency services to rescue.
Try the heimlich maneuver and you could be gifting a person his/her life.
Firstly check upon the person if he has really choked on something. Usually they will be gasping for air as the choking must have blocked the air passages. He/she may not be in a state to tell you if they have choked upon something as they cant talk but you can clearly see signs of struggle.
Tell your friend to immediately call emergency services while you try heimlich maneuver.
Never give forceful blows on the back as this may cause the object to go further down the trachea causing more difficulty in breathing.
Try heimlich maneuver:-
1. Stand behind the patient keeping your legs stable so that if the patient falls you can give proper support.
2. Encircle your hands from behind the patient such that the level is midway below the breastbone and above the navel.
3. Make a fist of your dominant hand and slip in the thumb of the dominant hand inside the fist so that you don't hurt the patient during the maneuver.
4. Now hold the fist with the other non dominant hand.
5. Now give abdominal thrusts from behind. Pull upwards and inwards using a good amount of force.
6. Do step 5 quicker and forcefully. This shall dislodge the object and by coughing it will get expelled out. Keep doing this until the object comes out.
7. If the person gets unconscious (shows that the object is not getting dislodged and the condition is worsening) stop the maneuver and immediately try to take them to the emergency room.
8. The person shall need cardiopulmonary resucitation to rescue his life.
Hope this helped.
I am 19years old and I have been suffering with hair loss since 14 years and have consulted doctors but of no use can I prevent hair loss?
I have normal LFT KFT LIPID profile however I have HbA1C of 6.7 and high blood pressure of 88/146. My father was diabetic. Pl advise. Thanks Ajay.
I have fissure problem in anal canal. Almost 10 month ago I meet a doctor and taken medicine as prescribed and warm bath and got relief. Now again I facing same problem with too much pain and some blood during stool passing. Please give me appropriate suggestion. Thank you.
My mom is 65 years old, she is getting vomited many times, but she is refusing to go to hospital and not eating food and water also (little). Any other ways to control this vomits.
I am 22 year old boy I don't have full beard can you suggest me how to grow full beard please do suggest best tips thank you!
I am 55 year old. I am playing badminton for last 25 years. Due to hectic play my both knee are operated for legament problem 10-15 years back. But I still play without any problem. Please inform if I can continue or should stop.
Hello sir. My Name is, Bala Naidu I have small pimples problem on forehead last one year. So I have any usd skin products But no result. And my face is very oily face on forehead and dandruff problem. I have used dermadew soap, and Retino-A used cream .daily used Very oily face d. Please how to clear pimples on forehead and dandruff.
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.