Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.v.haridas VarierYour feedback matters!
I was suffering from stomach problem eg. mucus was coming from stool .I consulted to doctor and now its ok but now head has started to ache .in day time its start to ache till I go to bed. And my weight is also not increasing.
I am 27 years old male and I am suffering from depression from my job because of Sale pressure and breakup with my life partner, Kindly suggest What to do?
Hi. My age is 20. Unfortunately my hair is failing a lot nowadays. Past month i used different shampoos, randomly thats the main reason.After knowing abt increasing hairfall i stopped All shampoo but also hair fall doesn't stop.I dont know wat to do.Is there any natural remedy to cure? please help me doctor.
I am 31 year old. I always feel that there is mucus in my throat and try to clear it. I had ear infection 2 months ago also.
I have a missed periods for 5 days and then 6th day I have a period, Could you tell me Still I Pregnant, If Not, Please Tell me the tips for fast pregnancy.
Sir I am 14 years 9 months old boy and before 1 year my face is very attractive and I live my with my whole family and now from next 1 year I am in huge depression due to I live in alone and day to day my eye will be depressed and my face looks very bad. So how to cure this problem.
I am 22 year old girl and I am suffering from hair loss. My hair are turning thin in volume and there is no kind of stress in my mind. So suggest me some remedies for the same.
I am losing my hair daily in large quantity Help me in this on both sides of my front head I got no hair.
Sir, In everyday morning I go jogging is good I know, but instead of that I go evening jogging is good equal to Morning jogging. The health benefits are same are very from one to one.
My mom is of 63 yr old lady she is having osteoporosis bone density is to less only 40% is there means it is in red zone. Please suggest me wat to do she is having.
I am a forty five year old man. I have cholesterol from last year. I tried exercising, dieting, stopped eating fatty foods and many more things. But my cholesterol is not becoming low. Please give me a solution for this.
I am 41 yrs old suffering from chronic kidney disease under the care of an neprologist for the past 6 years i am having BP under control i take the only medicine is for BP daily two tablets my doctor say on my present condition take it as you are normal i living like a normal person . My problem is while having sex i ejaculate in 30 to 60 sec itself how to over come this problem
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.