Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. P. S. Venkatesh RaoYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic for 10 years. Before 4 months my doctor at command hospital advise me insulin humlog 25 45 units a day. But it did not lower down my blood sugar I consulted another endocrinologist who advised climatic 80mg bd and monotone. 3mg bd and vidaglipitin 50 bd alongwith lantas 20 units at bedtime. I am confused the sugar level is never within limit. My age is 53 yrs and weight 86. 5 kg. I am regular 4jm morning walker. Can I go only for insulin. If yes then which brand and what wd be dosage. Is insulin hundred percent safe when compared to othe medicine which cause saviour side effects.
I am 20 years old. Suffering from hypothyroid and my weight is gaining. i am asthmatic too cant workout more then 20 minutes. What should I do? please help.
Why it is feel. Like I am dieing but the doctor do worry stop worrying. But that's not the cause .the is I am feeling like I am go to die. But all my blood work are normal. CBC blood test/ kidney function test/ liver function test/thyroid function test. HDL and LDL test. Sugar test urine test. Crp blood test. CKMB test D-dimer. Chest xray / ECG /echo cardiogram / ct scan on the brain and sinus. All my test is normal no finding's. But I like I am going to die. But I have a gum abscess but I am treating it with antibiotics 625 mg. But the antibiotics will not make you feel sick yes or no. Or my doctors miss something in my test?
My father has been suffering from diabetes since many days. Could you please suggest him right diet?
I am a Type 1 Diabetic for the last 40 years and are insulin for last 38 years. I was injecting 80 units of Lantus Daily at 9 pm the last 12 years but now I am injecting 40 units of Lantus Insulin for the last 5. Years and got my Hb1ac tested last year in October and it was 6.7. Now I have come to know about Tresiba Insulin Kindly advise me that should I switch on to the new insulin Tresiba or remain on Lantus. I feel to mention here also that I had a first MI in 1989 and second attack in 2010. My Cholesterol level tested a month agao was 123 and LDL was 69. Hope your early advise.
Blood sugar plays an important role in your sex life. An estimated 381 million people in the world were diabetic in 2013 and by 2030 this number is expected to double. Diabetes can affect your performance or the way you feel about sex. It's just not a men's problem but women too have sexual problems that arise because of diabetes.
How Does Diabetes Affect Men and Women?
Men - Many sexual problems that men face are due to chronic high blood glucose. Erectile dysfunctions in men are often due to diabetes. Type 2 diabetes patients also run the risk for low testosterone levels, which can affect a man's desire for sex.
Women - Women having diabetes find it difficult to reach orgasm and the high blood sugar affects vaginal lubrication. The lack of lubrication not only reduces the sensation but makes sex more painful.
What can diabetics do to improve their sex life?
Here are 6 tips that can enhance your sex life if you're a diabetic:
1) Focus on pH: You should pay close attention to your blood sugar levels as an increased level can cause abnormal pH levels in your vagina, giving rise to chronic vaginal infections.
2) Eat right: Eating right can have a positive effect on your sex drive. Zinc helps in testosterone production and, thus, a diet rich in zinc is helpful for diabetic men. Good sources of zinc include cashews, red meat and crab.
3) Keeping Tab on your glucose level: Keeping a close check on the glucose level will help you avoid nerve damage and vaginal infections. It will also increase your overall health.
4) Exercise: This plays a pivotal role in reversing diabetes symptoms. It strengthens your heart, improves flexibility and stamina and also increases the blood flow to all the necessary areas.
5) Sleep Adequately: Sleeping soundly has been found to play an important role in controlling blood sugar. It is helpful in improving the sex-drive of diabetics.
6) Switch to sugar-free lubricant: Diabetics should keep tab on the lubricants. If you already have high levels of sugar in your vagina, adding more sugar to it is not advisory.
I am 36 year old male. I'm feeling light ache below ribs left side of stomach since one day. I have not taken any medicine till now. I use to drink 4 glasses of water everyday. I'm diabetic patient since 4 years.
Dear sir, I am a diabetic patients n taking human mixtard insulin. My sugar level is under control. Can I donate blood. Reply.
I am a diabetic patient. Should I avoid taking a bottle of beer once in a week? If taking a bottle once in a week is benefited for me, please explain it's role.
I am 76 years old person and pre diabetic diagnosed in December 2015 and presently I wanted to know that dry dates, chuhara, can be eaten by me or not. I got three replies and all are different. One doctor said it can be eaten, second said it is not advisable and third says that it can be eaten once or twice in a week but none has mentioned the quantity. The reply has not been given by any diabetes specialist. Which answer I should take as correct. Please advise. Regards,
I am suffering continue pain on the lower portion of left leg though I am a uric acid patient. What should I do?
Hi Doctor. Earlier I had 330 sugar. Now I have sugar 225 in my blood. I have tested 2 hours after lunch. Please advice me that which are fruits & meals I should eat. Drinks as well. I' m a non alcoholic person but I smoke a pack of cigarette per day. Please regards
I am 58 yrs lady diagnosed to be diabetes from 2 yrs taking oral tab Diabend M twice half dose daily B/BF and B/dinner.Test results OK both fasting n PP levels. Wish to know which fruits to be taken and any nuitritional supplement desired.
My sugar level is 167 fasting and 190 pp. I am frequently having periodontal abscess problem for last 2 months. Is my sugar level a major concern and can not be corrected or can it be reversed.
I am suffering from sugar since last 23 years I am on insulin my age is 58 can I stop insulin by any ayurveda system or any type of prevention.
Diabetes control is governed by following the right diabetic diet. What to eat and what not to eat is important for diabetes control, cure or diabetes reversal.
These are the top diabetes diet tips from diabetologists and nutritionists. Even if you are pre-diabetic or borderline diabetic, or diabetes is part of your family, it is important to follow a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes.
Here is the Diet Food for Diabetics:
- Whole grains, oats, channa atta, millets and other high fibre foods should be included in the meals. If one feels like consuming pasta or noodles, it should always be accompanied with vegetable/sprouts.
- Milk is the right combination of carbohydrates and proteins and helps control blood sugar levels. Two servings of milk in a daily diet is a good option.
- High fibre vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one's diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should be part of the diet.
- Pulses are important in the diet as their effect on blood glucose is less than that of most other carbohydrate containing foods. Vegetables rich in fibre help lowering down the blood sugar levels and thus are healthy.
- Good fats such as Omega-3 and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) should be consumed as they are good for the body. Natural sources for these are canola oil, flax seed oil, fatty fish and nuts. These are also low in cholesterol and are trans fat free.
- Fruits high in fibre such as papaya, apple, orange, pear and guava should be consumed. Mangoes, bananas, and grapes contain high sugar; therefore these fruits should be consumed lesser than the others.
Small frequent meals:
A large meal gives rise to higher blood sugar in one's body, therefore it is essential to take small frequent meals to prevent both higher and very low blood sugar values and keep them constant. Small in between snacks can be dhokla, fruit, high fibre cookies, butter milk, yogurt, upma/poha with vegetables etc.
A person with diabetes should follow a diet which is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and contains adequate amounts of proteins, vitamins and minerals; and avoid fatty foods and sweets. He/she should also take frequent small meals (5 meals pattern).
What not to do:
- Artificial sweeteners can be used in cakes and sweets for diabetic people (in moderation).
- Have lots of fluid.
- Limit intake of alcohol.
Should you have non-veg?
In non-vegetarian diet, seafood and chicken can be taken rather than red meat as red meat contains higher amount of saturated fats. Also, patients with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolk and red meat.
The diabetes diet for Indians includes carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As always, a balanced and planned diet can build and improve personal health. A controlled diabetes diet may seem like a drag and bore, but a good cook can add life to a diet.