Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P. S. Venkatesh RaoYour feedback matters!
Hello I'm diagnosed diabetic type 2 last 3 months. I'm 24 and I reduced my weight now I'm ideal weight I have one question I heard cure for diabetic is going to find in next 5 years? Is there any chance that diabetic will have cure in next 5-10 years because I'm 24 I'm very much worried. Please answer my question I'm grateful to you doctors Thanks.
I have hypothyroidism problem last 6 years now I am take medicine 75 mcg thyronorm but always my tsh report is going up n down so what can I do to control my thyroid and also I have cervical spondylosis problem right now I am suffering from whole body numbness, tinglings muscles pain and also joints pain. So please suggest me what can I do.
Is it good for diabetic patient to use thermal cooker rice to eat as lunch? Is it cause any problems like increase in sugar levels?
My mother is taking tension so much, she is diabetic patient and stress and over thinking is becoming harmful for us day by day her diabetes remains high around 400 and she is finding so many troubles in normal body functioning.
I am 66 years old and type 2 diabetic. I would like to know whether the body of 85 kgs and 66 years old person needs the same parameters of 100 fasting glucose and 160 post prandial glucose. PLEASE EXPLAIN.
My husband is 54 years old and and have been suffering from diabetes since 17 years. His fasting and pp8833053686020 reading is 165 and 2 18 respectively. How can he bring this level down?
I am a thirty year old woman and presently staying at delhi, also a thyroid patient. Presently I am having motion problem, and having motion in weekly, which is very uncomfortable and painful. Please advice me to what to do ?
Pregnancy can be a tricky time for most women, although it is not a pathological condition. One must be prepared for pregnancy with the best of health in the pre pregnancy period. This also includes women who are suffering from diabetes. The complications during pregnancy and delivery increase manifold if one has not controlled the glucose and blood sugar levels before getting pregnant. So read on to know more about coping with pregnancy if you happen to have diabetes.
Complications: Pregnancy with diabetes can cause severe complications if the blood sugar levels are not controlled properly before pregnancy. This can cause the diabetes to become even worse in the long run, with the onset of various other related ailments like kidney disease, heart disease, eye problems and more. It can also increase the risk of premature delivery, and too much birth weight of the baby as well as low glucose levels right after the baby’s birth. Further, one can also lose the baby to a miscarriage due to excessively high blood sugar levels. This can also affect the glucose and blood sugar level of the baby as the glucose passes through the body.
Related conditions: If you happen to have high blood sugar levels, then you and your baby can get affected in an adverse way. To begin with, you may come down with severe depression regarding how you will be able to manage your diabetes and pregnancy together, and also due to the implications of the condition after the birth of the baby. It can also cause a condition called Preeclampsia in which the pregnant woman’s blood pressure becomes high and too much protein starts to pass from the urine, which can also result in frequent urination and life threatening defects and problems for you and the baby. In such cases, you will have to be hospitalised and the baby will need to be delivered via a C section or a Caesarean Section.
Planning ahead: If you know that you are trying to conceive, the best way is to be fully prepared well in advance. This includes planning ahead for managing the blood sugar levels and keeping the risk of other ailments at bay. You can start by losing excessive weight and seek treatment to bring down the blood sugar levels. Exercising and watching your diet are also some good ways to ensure that your Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes is in control.
Medical Team: It is pertinent to be in touch with your medical team on a constant basis. This team should include the obstetrician and gynaecologist as well as your regular doctor to whom you can report any changes.
Keep health close to your heart when you are pregnant by taking care of all existing ailments.
The instance of diabetes are rising day by day. Being a silent killer, it is attacking the young generation secretly and two common impacts of taking modern medicines for diabetes are insulin resistance and various side effects. This eventually has led to a search for alternative methods, which can address the problem of diabetes. Ayurveda plays a vital role in curbing diabetes, if you use it the right way, it can address the root cause of diabetes through proper application of diet, drugs, panchakarma and yoga.
Simple ways to cure diabetes through Ayurveda
- Bitter gourd juice: You can take up 30 ml of bitter melon juice every morning on an empty stomach. If you are unable to consume it raw, then you may prepare simple oil-free recipes with it. It is one of the best remedies of diabetes and you can see a lowered diabetes level with consistent consumption of bitter gourd juice.
- Ground bay leaf and aloe vera: The mixture of half teaspoon of ground bay leaf, half teaspoon of turmeric and one teaspoon of aloe vera gel can be taken before lunch every day to control blood sugar level.
- Fenugreek seeds: Commonly called the Methi seeds, this ingredient can be mixed with a little amount of turmeric along with a glassful of warm milk twice daily to reduce blood sugar problems. You can soak some fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and chew it on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Jamun seeds: The seed powder of Eugenia jambolina, commonly called the Jamun, is very helpful in reducing the blood sugar level. You can have one teaspoon of jamun seed powder followed by a glass of warm water or chew Jamun leaves to prevent the conversion of starch into sugar.
- Indian gooseberry: This fruit enriched with high amounts of Vitamin C is commonly called Amla. Having 20 ml Amla juice every day can be prescribed for a diabetic patient. You can also take the amla fruit powder every day to get similar results.
- Bark of the banyan tree: If you are suffering from increased levels of blood sugar, then you may consume the decoction of banyan tree bark twice regularly. You will have to take 20 grams of the bark and boil it in 4 glasses of water. When this mixture is reduced to approximately 1 glass, you can consume it after it cools down.
The level and symptoms of diabetes vary among different individuals. Therefore, before you jump on to trying any of these methods, it is recommended to consult an expert who can help you select the most suitable Ayurvedic solution for increased sugar levels.
Dr sahib my random blood sugar remains 130 my hb1ac was 6.2.Doctor said I might pre diabetic, please suggest whether I should take medicine or not?
I feel hungry and thirsty most of the time. My parents have diabetes. Are these early signs of diabetes?
My husband rbs was 400 today morning. He is not diabetic .last night He had heavy dinner nd breakfast fast he checked rbs. Is he diabetic? Am so worried. How can I confirm this?
My mom has recently did sugar test And she has 122 mg/dl fasting serum . Is she diabetic. If yes what are the medications.
My mother is suffering from diabetes. How to manage our life style for daily life and tell about how to manage food habits to set?
My mom is suffering from diabetes and she is on insulin. But than also her diabetes is always above the reading table. Need help how to recover from it.
Food and diabetes do not go hand in hand. If you are a foodie and if you are diabetic, then you have tough luck. When afflicted with diabetes, the most basic medicine to control it is your diet. There are certain foods, which will help you bring diabetes in control and certain foods, which you have to avoid if you don't want the sugar level to rise beyond necessary. It is extremely important to keep a check on what you eat when you are afflicted with the diabetic condition.
Here are a few items which you should avoid in case you are diabetic:
- Fruit beverages: You might think that if the beverages are fruit based, then they are safe to be had; incorrect. Fruit beverages contain a lot of hidden added sugar. They are also high in calories, which again are harmful. The best way to judge a fruit beverage is by reading labels on the bottles. You will get your information there and it will be easier for you to judge which beverage you might have.
- French fries: French fries may be extremely tasty, but they are also extremely bad for your health, especially if you are diabetic. They are full of saturated fat, sodium, calories and too much of carbohydrates. Even though most of the restaurants claim that the fries are trans fat free, it still isn't healthy for you at all.
- Fried chicken: Fried chicken is another food item you can devour, but even this is very harmful. Although chicken is a good source of protein, frying it adds an unhealthy amount of carbohydrates, calories, fats and sodium. These added components make this healthy source of protein extremely unhealthy.
- Hamburgers: Hamburgers are full of saturated fat, which leads to a high level of cholesterol. It contains a huge amount of cheese, which supplies your body with a huge amount of calories. Although you do need 7% of saturated fats, hamburgers usually give you much more than the required amount.
- Milk shakes: Milk shakes are loaded with sugars and calories and they might also have hidden trans-fat. Not only does it increase your sugar level, it also makes your heart suffer.