Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. P.s RaoYour feedback matters!
Suffering from nasal polyp-mouth breathing, no smell, no taste -2 months, alternate treatment without surgery ?
I am suffering from Asthma, what is known as COPD on my prescription. My wheezing and attack comes every year during the period Aug- Oct. I am regular on the treadmill and 40 min walk outdoors daily. Although regular, I am a little apprehensive about over medicating myself. I am having the following meds for a 3 month period. Ascovent SR - Once daily. Aciloc 300 - Once daily. Seroflo 250 - 2 Puffs 3 times a day. Duolin 250 - 2 Puffs a day. Glemont F - Once a day. In spite of having the above meds, I get an attack sometimes. My question to you Sir: 1. Am I on the right track? 3. What do I do if in spite of above medication, my attack recurs again. Thanks n regards I am 60 yrs old female
I am suffering from cold since last two days. when I cough. Blood comes out of my mouth? Is everything normal? I am scared.
I do not know why i get cough in between when i speak or chanting slokas. Almost one year i am observing this. No bad habits.
I have one nose always blocked and sometimes when the suitition get wrost both nose got blocked. Also I have sinus problem. Please let me know will it be useful to get sinus operation or should just take the medicine. kindly advice Thanks
I'm 36 have blocked nose which tablet would give instant relief. What can I do to avoid massive congestion or breathing hassle as for quick relief.
Dear Doctor, my mother has been suffering from ILD (interstitial lung disease) since 4 years. Now, she is on allopathy. Is there any chance get it subsided this disease by ayurved medicines along with allopathy? Kindly suggest the best ayurved treatment for this disease.
How to reduce cough could anyone please help cause I hav everyday problem I hav taken steam also bt it is not stop yet.
Sir diagnosed with pilonidal sinus so after surgical removal the wound will b stitched or left open. Please advice
I am 32 y old .i am getting throat pain and dry cough since last 15 days. Taken clavam625 1-0-1 8 tablet with cough syp but nt getting relief. Pain in the night more and not able to index food. I try Hexdine for mouth wash nt getting benefited. Kindly advice medicine or course of treatment.
Asthma is a respiratory disorder, which is characterized by the narrowing down and inflammation of the inner lining of the airways of the lung, resulting in excessive secretion of mucous. The airways are responsible for the passage of air from and to the lungs. Asthma can affect any person of any age group; however, the symptoms of the condition can vary. The symptoms of asthma include severe pain in the chest, coughing and problems in breathing, interruption in sleep due to breathing problems and a croaking sound during exhalation. Asthma, in most cases, tends to be chronic and can exist throughout your life with eventual changes in the nature of attack.
The most common causes of asthma are:
- Common cold and allergies from dust particles, smoke and minute insects might be catalysts for asthma.
- Suffering from severe anxiety might also cause asthma.
- Asthma might occur as a result of physical exercise and as a side effect of some medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
As of now, asthma is incurable. But medications can control the symptoms. Homeopathic preparations can also be useful for the treatment of asthma. Some common homeopathic remedies are as follows:
1. Arsenic album: If the symptoms include severe episodes of stress and nervousness, immense thirst but the inability to drink much water, severe attacks at night and intense pain in the upper right portion of the chest, Arsenic Album might be very useful to cure the problem.
2. Nux Vomica: If the attack is primarily caused because of gastric disorders or sudden outbursts of anger along with symptoms of dry cough, headaches and stomach aches, Nux Vomica might be used as a remedial medicine.
3. Carbo Veg: Carbo veg can be recommended if the symptoms include a pale face at the time of attack along with cold feet and hands and an itchy sensation in the larynx.
4. Kali bichromicum and Moschus: If the attacks become worse in the morning accompanied by yellow mucus discharge, the above mentioned homeopathic preparations are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.