Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.S. MurthyYour feedback matters!
Depression in adults is a lot different from depression in younger people. Adults have the overburdening thrust to believe they should be able to deal with any situation, however, adverse of their own accord. This pushes them to such a point that they bottle up worries and anxieties making themselves vulnerable to depression. Reaching out for help is almost a wager; lost before a fair trial. An elderly person could remain depressed due to varied reasons, but the cause is seldom remorse. Assuming the cause as sadness, it could depress your loved ones even more.
Take a look at the following factors that can depress older adults:
1. Serious ailments like stroke, cancer, diabetes, thyroid and so on so forth.
2. The loss of a dear friend or a family member.
3. Excessive work pressure.
4. Stagnation in personal life, passions and goals.
5. Lack of motivation to do the slightest of things.
To prevent depression in adults the following ways should be kept in mind:
1. Interaction is the key principle: Adults might need to talk. Being a grown -up doesn't mean you don't need suggestions and advice of your friends and relatives. Try to interact with a person who you think is depressed.
2. Try to identify medical conditions and look for reliable treatment: Medical illnesses like cancer or diabetes can take a toll on your mental strength. It can discourage you from living life with full vigor and energy. Thus medical conditions should be treated with due care and a person suffering should be encouraged to take professional psychological consultation.
3. Providing a person with space is mandatory: Adults hate being domineered or patronized. When they need space they should be allowed to be alone. It could help them deal with depression better. Staying alone doesn't always involve loneliness. People might need to clarify things to their own selves or might even need time to introspect.
4. Make a depressed person take care of a pet: The presence of a pet in the household can relieve its members of accumulating stress. An adult when made to take care of a pet has added responsibilities and will naturally have less scope to wallow in their own sorrow. A pet gives a person the love and affection he or she had been lacking all along.
5. Humor is a wonderful pill: Create opportunities to make a person laugh. Share jokes or make them watch funny shows.
6. Ensure the person gets enough sleep: A full night's sleep is extremely important. Insufficient relaxation can push you towards depression.
She lose her mind control she is doing crazy things like she gets angry very fast she talk alone she didn't listening any family member etc. what should she do ?
I am 25 years old male student and I am a smoker. I am smoking since 3 years. 1 month back I had cold still I continue smoking then there was acute pain in my chest just below my neck in lungs areas, it continues for 2-3 weeks. I also had back pain, muscle pain, extreme tiredness, irritation in my eyes, low fever and loss of concentration. I ignored everything but now symptoms became severe I am worried if there is any symptoms of cancer? And at this point of time what should I do? And I want to know what could be the problem and solution to the problem?
I am suffering from anxiety from past 2 months. And sometime I feel I will forgot everything, what I am doing, what is there very irregular things. What to do I don't want to eat anxiety medicine.
My boyfriend he doesn't get ready to meet. We meet after 15 or 20, 25 days once. The problem is that I wanna meet him and see him and spent time with him but he don't understand whenever I say about this matter he starts ignoring me or he tease me irritate me or he start laughing for no reason. He is in civil engineering 1st year diploma he is very caring he loves me a lot he talked to me whole day whenever I messaged him He gives me time. I don't talk or chat to people I chat only with him like i'm addicted to him ones In a day I have to talk to him. It is needed for me. But he gets angry very fast and seeing his anger I feel scared and like crying. He goes and meet his friends daily. and whenever I say he says to me that my mom is not allowing my dad and all. He thinks a lot for future. I know he cares for family he don't wanna spoil his family name and all he respect his parents. But my problem is that he should meet me na I wanna spend time I automatically smile my mood becomes totally fine when I talk to him. Almost 4 years are going to complete for our relation. He is very strict and he is very ziddi types. He don't force me for physical relation only he hug, kiss and smooch that's it. How can I make him realize my feeling that's I wanna him to meet me be with me ones in a week. Thanks.
I am suffering through dry as well cold cough more then a month. And I smoke aswelll, I am confused what has affected me so much.
Please help me out, I have smoking habit & I want to leave it but its not going only & and from that I am getting little pain in my chest also so what should I do. & and one more problem is there with me only after my toilet I wash it out & clean with tissues paper I have seen blood coming out, so I am in little tens so please help me out.
I am suffering from epilepsy and get attacks minimum twice a month. I am not getting a good result from the medicine prescribed to me currently. What can I do to get cured?
I am 40 year old and use rajni Gandhi without tobacco and now my mouth not fully open it should be cancer tell me.
I am a student after coming to home from school or from anywhere when I sit to study things which I saw or heard keep repeating in my mind which don't let me study am I suffering from some diseases.
I lost some body close last two year so I am worried can you help me I want to talk you my feeling I am not happy can you give me relief from my pain.
A friend (in her early 30's)is going through a post trauma of her divorce. She has lost her interest in life. How to council her, please suggest?
Hello doctors, I have a question about relationship issue. My girlfriend who lives far from my country, does not chat with me anymore online, as I broke her feelings too rushy and too straight to speak about our future. My question is what should I do to get us back in line? Thank you.
Stress happens when the demands placed on you are too much and cause a burden on you, for example, work, school or relationships surpass your capacity or ability to adapt. Sometimes stress can be a little beneficial in the form of a support that gives the drive to some people to get their work done on time and meet due dates and deadline. However, an extraordinary measure of stress can create health and well-being issues. They can lead to problems in cardiovascular and central nervous systems and take a serious emotional problem.
Untreated and chronic stress can bring about serious health conditions including tension, sleeping disorder, muscle pain, hypertension and a weak immune system. Stress can fuel other diseases and disorders, for example, heart diseases, depression and obesity most of the times. By discovering positive, healthy and solid ways to oversee stress as it happens, a significant number of these negative wellbeing outcomes can be decreased. Here are five effective ways to manage stress:
- Take a break from the stress: It might appear to be hard to divert yourself from a major work schedule. However, when you give yourself consent to step away from it, you let yourself have sufficient energy to accomplish something else, which can help you have another viewpoint or practice methods to feel less stressed. It is critical not to ignore the stress factor. However, even twenty minutes to yourself is useful.
- Workout: Exercise benefits your emotions and brain along with your body. We continue finding out about the long term advantages of a normal exercise schedule. In any case, even a ten or fifteen-minute walk, run, swim or yoga session during an unpleasant time can give a quick impact that can keep you going for a few hours.
- Laugh and try to stay happy: Our brains are interconnected with our feelings and outward appearances. When individuals are stressed, its shows up on their face. So laughter can alleviate some of that pressure and enhance the circumstance.
- Get social backing: Try to call a friend or send an email to someone regarding your problems. When you impart your worries or sentiments to someone else, it helps calm the stress. In any case, it is critical that the individual whom you converse with is somebody whom you trust and someone who can understand and accept you. In case that your family is the stressor, for instance, it may not ease your stress in which case, you may need a friend.
- Meditate: Meditation and prayer can help the brain and body to unwind and concentrate properly. It can help people see new points of view, create self-sympathy and forgiveness. While practising meditation, individuals can discharge feelings that may have been bringing about physical pain. Much like a workout, research has demonstrated that practising meditation can prove to be very helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.