Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. P.r.krishnanYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am suffering from numbness in my right side and pain in my head. I got consult by more than 5 doctors by last 7 years but there's no relieve.What should I do?
Hello I am 54 years old . I have been suffering through anterior horn cell disease form the past 15 years. Did a MRI Report few years before and found this disease which is growing in me. My hand nd legs r getting weaker day by day. Having pain in lower pack and arms and legs almost all the time. Having sudden phobias. Fingers get weak very easily. wrist drops, unable to hold heavy substance for more than few seconds. I have been trying to find a cure but doctors said theres hardly any cure. Can I know how to cure this disease?
When I hold something with my left hand it starts shaking slowly. But the right hand is ok. What is the problem?
Hi Sir. My mother suffering paralysis (blood clot in brain) she didn't able to talk and right leg, right hand not working from 15 October 2015 still condition are same. Treatment is going on daily medicine.
She has being having migraine attack from age of 30 which comes thrice a month. What is d best medicine?
I am 54 years old, Recently I am facing a problem of n numbness in leg finger s. Pl indicate the reason and remedy.
My mother is 53 years old women. And still not attained menopause. Also suffers from migraine. Is it normal? as it pains a lot. To do any sort of tests we neither have time nor money. Please help.
Hi, I have one problem. i was shivered at fear and when I carry some weights even to take selfie with mobile on that time my hand was shivering i'm not alcoholic. But everyday i faced this problem. If i get fear and scary moments the problem will be high. What is the problem of that. please tell me solution.
A wound is a disruption of the normal structure and function of the skin.
Antibiotic therapy is not indicated in all wounds and is reserved only for infected wounds.
It is important to keep blood sugar under control while managing a wound.
All wounds, which are contaminated or have foreign bodies, need debridement.
Irrigation of the wound reduces bacterial load and also removes loose material.
Wound irrigation can be done with warm saline.
Principles of wound management are: scrub, clean and dress.
Scrubbing means that dressing should be done with clean hands, which requires proper scrubbing of the hands.
Would cleaning means that the wound should first be cleaned.
After cleaning, the wound requires a proper dressing.
Some wounds may require suturing, especially if the wound is of less than six hours duration.
In an accident if a finger is cut or a tooth is removed, one should preserve the finger or the tooth and take it to the nearest hospital along with the patient for reimplantation.
The best way to carry the amputated finger or uprooted tooth is to put them in a plastic bag and put that bag in a box containing ice.
Skin burns should be treated firstly by putting the area under the running water till the burning disappears.
In a patient with burns, the blister that forms should not be punctured.
Presence of pain is also a good sign and indicates that the burns are superficial.
I am 57 yrs old lady. Had knee pain since last three yrs now I am feeling numbness in my left leg around knee and feet. Feeling cold sensation in my left leg ang foot. Please advise the causes and remedy.
I am suffering from Bell Palsy. What are its diagnosis procedures. And how to tackles this. And what are its curative steps and duration of this disease.
I am 47 years old get floaters since April 2016. I also have epilepsy problem. But I found floaters is not any way connected to epilepsy. I consulted the ophthalmologist in Chennai. They said there is no treatment for the floaters. My question is sometimes it is less and sometimes I feel it is more in a day. The ophthalmologist whom I consulted said that my position is not that laser treatment is needed. So will the floaters increase with age and till what stage I can ignore? Also will it affect my vision in due course of aging?
Hello Doctor, I am facing problem of loud snoring. Also a little coughing or cough feeling since last few months. I am always feeling dull and lack of energy. How do I stop snoring and please guide me on sleep apnea.
Dementia is a disorder characterized by a decline in mental capabilities in a person. It is primarily caused by Alzheimer's disease but can also be caused by damage to the brain from an injury or a stroke. The cells of the brain fail to communicate with each other in dementia. People suffering from dementia have difficulties in taking part in regular activities as their mental functioning is impaired.
The major symptoms of dementia are problems in recalling, ineffective communication, inability to concentrate and impaired reasoning abilities. It may also affect the short-term memory of a person when he/she may be unable to keep track of his/her belongings. Dementia can be progressive where the symptoms gradually increase with age.
Some early symptoms of dementia are-
1. Mood changes - Excessive mood swings along with changes in personality are very common symptoms of dementia. For instance- a reserved person suddenly becoming very outgoing is a commonly observed change in cases of dementia.
2. Problems in completing routine tasks - If a person suddenly starts to face problems in doing routine work such as maintaining simple accounts and paying bills then it can early signs of dementia.
3. Confusion - When a person starts to get confused in remembering small details and recognizing faces, it could point towards dementia.
4. Repetition - Dementia causes people to repeat words they have just said as the short term memory gets impaired. It also causes people to repeat small tasks a multiple number of times.
5. Losing interest - A person may start to lose interest in regular activities and avoid them altogether. They may appear devoid of emotions and not engage socially.
6. Communication - People fail to communicate effectively as they may be unable to express their thoughts clearly. They may also fail to understand when others communicate with them.
7. Impaired sense of direction - A person may fail to recognize places and wander around. He/she will face problems in going to places or in remembering places. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
My friend is suffering from brain tumor and she is now admitted in hospital for surgery. And the first stage surgery failed bcs the stitch broke and blood flowed very high. And she was to have a second time also. Will anything bad happen or. Will she could overcome it and be safe. please help.
I am 22 year old male. I have back pain I consult doctor. And took xaryas your doctor have told my growth plate above this spine has not developed properly yet so it can be the reason. I have pain in tigh also. And I have numbness in leg when sit in floor with legs are placed parallel.
During a febrile seizure, the body of a child may convulse, shake and contract, the eyes may roll, and he or she may moan or become unconscious. This type of seizure is usually for a few minutes, but in rare cases can last up to 15 minutes.
Febrile seizures stop on their own while the fever persists until treated. While some children may feel sleepy afterwards, others do not have lasting effects.
Seizures in toddlers may be caused due to the following factors
- Epilepsy - Epilepsy is defined categorically as two or more seizures without any acute cause. Epilepsy can occur at any age, but it is usually diagnosed in infants and young children.
- Body temperature - Body temperature may indicate a crisis in small children. High body temperatures or low body temperature can cause seizures in a toddler. These types of seizures occur only once or twice in children two years or younger, often after an illness. This type of seizure due to the fortification of the body temperature is considered a febrile convulsion.
- Dehydration - Febrile seizures can also occur due to dehydration. Dehydration is a direct result of previous illness that included sweating and fever.
- Physical condition - A child who is in poor physical condition can also be prone to seizures. Malnutrition or a body weakened by disease or illness makes small children more susceptible to crises.
- Family History - Family history can play a role in toddlers or children with seizures. If a family member suffered from the tendency or had convulsions, particularly febrile seizures as a child, this trait can be inherited.
Treating febrile seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Make sure your child is in a safe place and does not fall or hit something hard
- Place your child on his side to prevent choking
- Watch for signs of breathing difficulties, including any colour change in the face of your child
- If the seizure lasts more than a few minutes or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure; connect with doctors immediately
Febrile seizures can be frightening to witness, but remember they are fairly common and are not usually a symptom of a serious disease, and in most cases does not lead to other health problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.