Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. P. Prabhavathy

Gynaecologist, Bangalore

200 at clinic
Dr. P. Prabhavathy Gynaecologist, Bangalore
200 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. P. Prabhavathy
Dr. P. Prabhavathy is one of the best Gynaecologists in Dayananda Nagar, Bangalore. She is currently practising at Venkateshwara Diabetic & Maternity Day Care Centre in Dayananda Nagar, Bangalore. Book an appointment online with Dr. P. Prabhavathy and consult privately on has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken
Professional Memberships
Indian Medical Association (IMA)


Book Clinic Appointment

Venkateshwara Diabetic & Maternity Day Care Centre

#62, 7th Main Road, Srirampuram. Landmark: Opp. Choudeshwari TempleBangalore Get Directions
200 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. P. Prabhavathy

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Actually partner's this month menses starts from 11th to 15July. We did intercourse on 19th July with safe, but not sure about the condom which I used whether it was leaked or not. So I got fear about this. Last 2 days she has a pain in her stomach. On 22July a white liquid with blood comes from her vagina. She is saying as usual It will come before and after periods. Is this a symptom of get pregnancy. Do she want to take any medicine, how to check, what are the symptoms for pregnancy. How to find the symptoms. Please help me to prevent from this. Thanks.

MBBS, MS - Obstetrics & Gynecology, Fellowship in Infertility (IVF Specialist)
Gynaecologist, Aurangabad
Hi lybrate user as you had sex in fertile period it could be pregnancy. Liquid coming out from vagina could be early sign of pregnancy or it could be due to delayed ovulation. You can't diagnose pregnancy so early. Please await period and get a urine pregnancy test if delayed period.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Phudina - Super Herb Of Summer!

M.Sc Dietetics and Food Service Management, B.Sc. - Dietitics / Nutrition
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Hubli-Dharwad
Phudina - Super Herb Of Summer!

Phudina or mint leaves, the super herb of summer:

  1. If your immunity levels are low, common summer problems like digestive disorders, heat strokes, etc, are something that can be avoided with the right diet.
  2. The humble pudina leaves, an irreplaceable component in every kitchen, not only add great flavour to food, but are packed with numerous health benefits as well.
  3. It is packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients that work wonders for the human stomach.
  4. The menthol present in the herb stimulates the enzymes necessary for digestion, relaxes the muscles of the stomach, reducing the chances of indigestion and spasms. It is also known for its calming effect on stomach cramps and the ability to cure acidity and flatulence.

I done my wife's pregnancy test by prega news when I checked first time result come is negative and when I checked again after 10 days then the result which is came in that one pink line is came between T and C so, I am can't able to understand that what is the results we got.

PGDD, RD, Bachelor of Home Science
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mumbai
Hey. If you may have taken the test too early chances are you don't get the right result. Ideally you need to do the test at least after a week of the expected date of menses. Pregnancy tests like this are 99% accurate. They need to later be verified with blood test.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am agirl I am not married. I am19 year old. I have pass my period time but I feel pain in my vagina what is this problem sir/mam? How can I relief from it please tell me as soon as possible.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hi, If you are having active sexual life, get your urine tested for pregnancy. Any nutritional deficiency can also lead to Menstrual problem/ irregularity. Take more of green vegetables, nuts, salads, seasonal fruits, yellow coloured veggies, milk & milk products, plenty of water and enough of sleep & rest. Take homoeopathic medication – Schwabe's Five Phos. And Alfaalfa Tonic – both thrice daily for 1 month. Thereafter revert. Take care.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from likoria from 1 year .and I feel vry tired nad weakness evrytime .plz suggest me any solution.

General Physician, Nashik
You can feel weak due to lack of essential nutrients, not getting enough sleep, a weak immune system, excessive drinking, skipping meals, emotional stress, and too much physical labor. Persistent weakness can be caused by health problems like anemia, arthritis, hypothyroidism, a sleep disorder, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes and heart disease. In these cases, it is very important to find out the exact cause behind your weakness. To feel energetic and refreshed in life, you must exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, maintain your ideal body weight, follow a good diet, sleep properly, drink water throughout the day to keep your body hydrated, avoid alcohol and stop smoking if you do .
Submit FeedbackFeedback

When I go to toilet for urine After urine the sperm is also coming? What can I do?

MD Gynaecology, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Ahmedabad
I presume that you mean that, when you get up after sex to pass urine, some semen also comes out of the vagina. This is normal and most of the semen will come out. That is not to be worried. But if you are just 19 and not married, please use some contraceptive.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had sex in december 2k13 but I checked and the results was negative and in January I didn't got my periods I took a medicine for periods and I don't know d name of that medicine and after taking that the next day I got down that was 25th january and now its 16th march I didn't got my periods I am really worried please help me what should I do please rply asap

Vaidya Visharad
Ayurveda, Narnaul
Hello Dear, Periods occur when the egg formed during each menstrual cycle in the female body is not fertilized and hence ejected out of the reproductive system along with blood and several other tissue cells. The duration of each menstrual cycle is about 28 days Most women will experience their monthly period right from the time they are 13 to the time they are 50. For many women, their monthly period is nothing more than an annoyance; but other women may suffer some problems.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello doctor. I'm 29 years old female unmarried. I have 3 small fibroadenomas in my left breast. From past a few days I'm feeling a tiny lump near my nipple in my right breast. I'm worried. Can it be serious. Please reply to me as soon as possible.

M.Ch - Surgical Oncology
Hi, don't worry. Fibroadenomas are lumps formed due to normal changes in the breast with age. If they are large or painful or disfiguring, you can get them removed surgically. It is a small procedure with minimal risk. Hope this helps. All the best.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 24 years old and had last period on dated 27.09. 15 and had unprotected sex after then I had pill after 5 hrs on same day please reply is there any chances of pregnancy but today 28.10. 15 and still period had not came pls confirm when it will arrive.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Faridabad
There are no chances. You may relax. You have taken hormonal pills and because of that only, your periods are delayed.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have period cramps every month what should I do to get rid of it. Is there any pain killer to use on those times.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Homoeopathic medicine DYSMIN ( SBL) Chew 4 tab 2-4 hrly depending on severity of pain during periods nd report after 3 months
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Health Benefits of Drinking water Early Morning

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Health Benefits of Drinking water Early Morning

1.Water purifies Colon making it easy to absorb nutrients from food that we eat during the day
2.Water acts as a good Antioxidant ,thus helping in Glowing,soft and supple skin by removing toxins from blood
3.Water helps in weight reduction by boosting metabolism by almost 25 %
4.Water helps in balancing body fluids by balancing your Lymphatic system

7 people found this helpful

I inserted the Candid Cl Vaginal suppositories tablet at night as per doctor instruction last 6 days continuously, but am get again discharge now, what to do?

MD ayurveda
Ayurveda, Navi Mumbai
Hello vaginal discharge is due to lack of hygiene. Give treatment to your partner also. Triphala choorna 5gm mix with 1 mug of lukewarm water and wash vagina with this mixture. Daily during bath and before going to bed.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Chest Pain

MBBS, MD - Medicine, DM - Cardiology
Cardiologist, Gurgaon
Play video

Here are Causes,Symptoms,and Treatment of Chest Pain

3143 people found this helpful

Hi doctors, My wife was pregnant with 2 and half month, but there is no growth inside of child. There is no positive result in ultra sound. Gynacolist saying I have to go with abortion. So just want to know is there any medicine of abortion or we go with operation. Pls suggest ASAP. Thanks.

MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Chennai
at two an half months means around 10 weeks, it is safe to undergo MTP (medical termination of pregnancy), under the guidance of an experienced OG cian, done in an approved centre. Medical abortion can many a times lead to serious blood loss and loss of life is a common risk, so better go for surgical intervention.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi missed my period for almost 1 weeks now, because I was supposed to bleed on 26th jan but till today m not having period, though having stomach aches.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS
Gynaecologist, Noida
Hello, Please get a serum beta hcg test to rule out pregnancy now. though stomach pains may be related to PMS symptoms.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 33 year. M married 6 month back. My wife got vaginal infection. One of the doctor told that infection was due to husband. Was is correct and why it had happend. What care I should take

MBBS (Gold Medalist, Hons), MS (Obst and Gynae- Gold Medalist), DNB (Obst and Gynae), Fellow- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (ACOG, USA), FIAOG
Gynaecologist, Kolkata
Yes, sometimes vaginal infection may be from husband via secual route. In that case, we advise drugs for both the partners.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having pcos since 9 years of my first birth I am going through this as 3 years back I had taken laparoscopic treatment by dosent work, I am no also I am taki unani treatment but not working periods are coming one month late as egg rapture is taking much time could you give me some treatment so that I can do it by sitting in home without going out for consulting a doctor as they let me to visit them many times. My husband's report are normal and my reports too but only leaving the minor pcospls help me so that I can start my treatment by siting in home through clomiphene treatment.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
Primary objective of your treatment is weight reduction and maintain normal BMI of 18-25. This will regularize the monthly cycles and also help you get pregnant. You can take Metformin to reduce weight. You don’t need to take any medicine till 3 months for the menses to come. Only after 3 months of missed menses you should take medicines like progesterone Tablet (Deviry 10 mg twice a day for 5 days) for getting menses. For reducing your weight you should have brisk walk or jogging for 4-5 km daily, high protein diet (fish, chicken, mutton without fat, pulses, mushrooms), low carbohydrate diet (avoid rice, chapatti, bread, poha, upma, idli, dosa, potato, sugar etc and can use bhakri instead) and low fat i. E. Less oil and preferably use rice bran oil.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

It has been over six months since I got married but still the act of sex doesn't feel complete and I lack stamina for continuing it long. Please suggest suitable foreplay techniques for a successful and complete experience. We are planning for a baby and in need of advice in this regard. Kindly help.

First of all you should relax many women do not experience full satisfaction until one year, you should spend more time on foreplay which should include each other's body touching and exploring, use sexual fantasy and if both of you like then go for oral sex. For pregnancy have sex regularly.
53 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed