Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. P. PadmakumarYour feedback matters!
I am 35 yes old, when I get laid down on the bed, my heart beat increase unfortunately, I consult many doctor but problem still not solve.
My HBAIC is 8.4, TSH 1.10, GLUCOSE FASTING 138, TOTAL CHOLESTERAL 121, HDL CHOLESTEROL 43, LDL CHOLESTEROL 63 mg/dlhips is 8.4, TSH 1.10, GLUCOSE FASTING 138, TOTAL CHOLESTERAL 121, HDL CHOLESTEROL 43, LDLcholesterol 121, HDL CHOLESTEROL 43, LDL CHOLESTEROL 63 mg/dl The medicines are AZULIX 1 MF FORTE - TWO TABLETS PER DAY, TELEKAST F - ONE TABLET PER DAY AND RAPILIF D 8/0.5 PER DAY Please inform me whether these medicines can control my sugar and also cure my prostrate. With kin regards,
HI, I often get pains in my chest. And its from like a decade. Every two months I go through chest pain for 2-3 days. Please Advice
I'm 71 Years old. I am diabetic. My latest Hba1c level is 6. My total cholesterol is81. HDL is39. LDL is 32. I'm taking 1 tension 40, Rosufit 20, and metlor tablets daily. In view of low cholesterol level, do you advise me to take Rosufit?
My age is 65 and I have 3 blockage in heart. Doctor in AIIMS has given me the option to choose between two surgery. Please help me. Which will be good? Angioplasty or open heart?
Dear sir/madam, my mother suffering from high blood pressure & thyroid problem so could you tell me the proper health diet for her & some healthy tips as well.
What prevention should taken by heart patients during summer and what meal should taken in this time.
My mom 68 years old feels burning in hand and feet. No pain. No thyroid or diabetes. Only little bit high BP.
Having heard about getting any sort of pulmonary disease might give you a nightmare. Well, yes there are pulmonary problems, which are dangerous and become life threatening. Pulmonary hypertension is one such rare disease. It is a type of high blood pressure, which usually occurs in the pulmonary arteries that stream from human heart through lungs. The arteries become narrowed, constricted, which makes the flow of blood difficult through the vessels. As the situation occurs, the heart will have to work more to fix the situation. This causes high blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries. If the condition deteriorates the pressure increases along with risk factors.
Symptoms of pulmonary hypertension:
There are certain symptoms, which people experience under the pulmonary hypertension disease. The symptoms might get unnoticed for years and you might get delayed in treating such problems. This article can help you know about the disease, symptoms and its treatment.
There is a list of symptoms, which can help you understand if you have pulmonary hypertension:
- One of the major symptoms that you may notice is shortness of breath. The arteries and blood vessels which help in flowing blood through lungs help in breathing too. So a narrowed and constricted artery makes the inhalation and exhalation procedure laborious.
- The next symptom that you might notice is fatigue and dizziness. If your lungs are not getting enough blood that means your brain and body are not getting enough oxygen to work. This hinders your body to perform any kind of activities smoothly. This can make you gain weight and increase several risk factors.
- Next, you might feel irregular heartbeat and chest pain. Increased pressure makes the heart work faster than its normal rate. This further makes the heart muscles weaker, and it is not able to control the heartbeat as it used to.
Treatment of pulmonary hypertension:
- Pulmonary hypertension is generally treated with medication and surgery. Depending on its severity, your doctor will prescribe the medicines. Generally, doctors prescribe such medicines, which help in relaxing the blood vessels. The relaxed blood vessels can regulate blood flow easily. All the medicines are generally taken orally or injected or inhaled.
- If you adopt a severe case of pulmonary hypertension, then your doctor might suggest you a lung transplant or a heart-lung transplant.
- Depending upon the type of pulmonary hypertension, your doctor may prescribe you blood-thinning medicines also, if you have blood clots in your arteries.
- In a certain cases, doctors prescribe oxygen therapy, which helps in increasing the oxygen level in blood.
- With the above mentioned methods, doctors ask for a change in lifestyle, which is important in treating the specific disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.