Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P N Govinda RajuluYour feedback matters!
I have 23 days old daughter. She poops after every feed almost 12-15 times a day. Is it fine or shall we consult a doctor.
Hello. I want to ask that my breast milk is not sufficient for my 1 month baby. So which formula milk is good for 1 month baby?
My baby is 6.5 month old. She is doing vomiting since yesterday. We have introduced curd in her diet recently.
My baby is lactose intolerant n she is one year old. I take care of her food. No mistake in that. N she is teething but she gets loose motions very fast n dosent go without antibiotics. She is 7. 5 kg only
My daughter is 4 months and 1 week old. Still she did not get her head balance. When can I expect stiffness in her neck and back muscle?
Since ancient times, our ancestors passed their best practices of holistic lifestyle to their next generations. Over a period of time they became a ritual that got integrated into their day to day life. These series of rituals are known as samskaras. They are connected with the major events of life such as pregnancy, childbirth, naming ceremony, education, marriage, etc. These samskaras enables us to live a complete fulfilling physical and spiritual life.
Swarna Prashana is one of sixteen samskaras mentioned in ancient texts for paediatrics. It is an unique method to build long lasting health and intellect naturally without leaving any harmful side effects.
Swarna prashana is an unique method of giving swarna bhasma (gold ash) mixed with honey and ghee that is fortified with arka, an herbal extracts like vacha, brahmi, shankupushpi, etc. to children orally.
This process promotes overall growth in a natural way. Due to its broader benefits, it is not only useful for normal children, its much more beneficial for children with special needs such as autism, learning difficulties, attention deficit disorder, hyper activity, delayed milestones, etc.
Administering small quantities of Swarna causes:
Medha Vardhana – Improvement in intelligence
Agni Vardhana – Improvement in digestion strength
Bala Vardhana – Improvement in strength and immunity
Ayushya Vardhana – Improvement in life expectancy
Mangala, Punya – Auspicious
Vrushya – Aphrodisiac
Grahapaha – Relieves bad evils.
By administering Swarna for a month time, child becomes super-intelligent.
By administering for up to six months, person becomes Shruta Dhara – can remember whatever she hears.
I have a daughter of only four months. She is infected with the virus hhv-5. She is normal. Doctor told us that for small baby they can not give any medicine to remove this virus. This human herpes virus have the effect on hearing and brain. How and from where we can provide the treatment for her so that virus effect can be minimized. Please suggest, I shall be grateful.
My 5 years old daughter is getting white marks on her neck and chest, earlier they were not that big but now they are growing, I consulted a local doctor he gave son antifungal medicine and vitamin tonic please suggest.
Can you please help in interpreting Perkin Elmer & NT Scan Test results. Down Syndrome Final Risk- 1: 55129. Edwards' Syndrome Final Risk-1: 10. Patau's Syndrome Final Risk-1: 10.
I have a daughter of 2 years, she always use to eat mud, small particle of rocks etc. Pls give some solution for that?
Dear doctor, My baby is 24 days old now. She is premature and was born in 33 weeks. From two days she has started to spit up milk soon after feeding, twice through her nose, also she coughs in between feeding also in her sleep sometimes. Also she has bubbly thick saliva always. Is it a serious issue? The pediatrician I consulted did not give this much importance, but it looks like she is irritated when she has this thick saliva in her mouth. Is there something I can do to make her feel better. Should I hold her upright after feeding? Thank you.
Hi doctor, I'm feedings my one year baby past three days milk dust created in my right breast having too pain also cause fever. Please give medical suggestions asap. Thank you.
My son is 2 years 4 months, gets cold cough every 15 days. Please advise. He stays in day care for full day. We give him sinarest he cures in 5 days and then again after 1 week hr has fresh bout of cold which starts with runny nose, cough and then at times fever. Please help.
My baby is suffering from dysentery frequently. Is there any permanent solution to get out of this.?
My 2.5 mnth old son is suffering from stomach pblm. On doctors advice we are giving him flagyl 200 mg/5 ml and azithral. But in morning on an empty stomach after drinking water he gets vomiting. Pls help.
Hi, my kid is 9 months old. Now he is eating kichidi which is made with rice, dal, half tomato, small piece of carrot, 2 peas, 4 to 5 leaves of palak or spinach. My doubt is that if I use palak along with tomato is that causes any problem like stones in kidneys like that. please suggest. Suggesting some other baby food is most helpful.
You would have noticed that your child who was so eager to help out and please you earlier is no longer responding to you that way. They must be teenagers! Don't despair.Its natural and healthy for them to break away emotionally from their parents at this age. This will help them to become well adjusted adults. Here's how you can give them their space, yet gently guide them during this phase.
1. Give children some space: Giving them a chance to establish their own identity, giving them more freedom, is essential to help them establish their own place in the world. But it doesn't mean that if your child is moving around with a bad crowd or doing drugs you don't say anything. Let them explore and experiment with things that are not very risky. Eg. Catching a bus, auto. Going out with friends to a mall, going for tuitions on their own etc.
2. Choose your battles wisely: Don't lock your horns with them over cleaning up, sleeping late, coming back 1 hour late etc. Save your enquiry for more serious matters like permanent tattoo, going out late into the night and not keeping you informed, bad company etc.
3. Invite their friends over for a meal: It helps you to see who your child is meeting with and also to send a message that you are not rejecting them outright without any valid reason. Children see it as a mark of respect and fairness when you meet and talk to their friends. Also it helps them to see how their friends talk with you. Outright rejection of friends can bring on huge aggression and antagonism.
4. Decide rules and discipline in advance: If it's a 2 parent family, then it's important for the parents to have their own discussions first and come to a common consensus about what is acceptable and what is not. What will be the consequences of not following through with what was earlier negotiated. Remember that Consequences need to be discussed with your child too and should be fair for him/her.
5. Talk to your teens about the worst case scenario: whether it's taking drugs, pre marital sex, driving rashly or running away.The kid must know the worst that could happen. Let them see movies which showcase this as they get impacted by visuals more than dry conversations.
6. Tell them that you are available: When kids start experimenting and taking risks, they can land up in sticky situations like out of pocket money, a flat tyre, friends not showing up, not getting what they expected to happen. Let them know that you are available no matter what. Give them your confidence and trust. Teach them how to think of options if stuck in a bad spot. Tell them that you will come and pick them up if they can't come back on their own.
7. Keep the communication lines open: Don't instruct or interrogate them. Talk and share with them about your own life. Even a difficult day at work. This teaches them that's it's ok to talk to you even if something has gone wrong. Don't judge them. And if they are not ready to talk just then, then let them know that you can wait and you know how it's like to have a bad day.
8. Let them feel guilty: This is a hard one for some parents who come on too quickly to protect their children from feeling guilty when they have done something wrong. If your child has hurt someone or done something wrong, then it's important that they know how to deal with guilt. It's healthy to have some guilt rather than no remorse or guilt at all. This will help the children to stay within socially acceptable behaviours and norms.
9. Be a Role Model: Your actions are more noticed than your words! Your role will be important in helping them become morally, socially and ethically grounded person. If they have a healthy role model from early childhood, then it's less likely that they will take bad decisions as a rebellious teen.
If you find this useful and want to know more, then click on private chat. Happy Parenting.
"Keep things positive"
Kid’s don’t like to hear what they can’t do, tell them what they can do instead. Keep it fun and positive. Everyone likes to be praised for a job well done. Celebrate successes and help children and teens develop a good self-image.
Dr. Dilip Pawar
For any queries and doubt feel free to visit us at penguinclinic.com or post your query on facebook.
An infant is usually called a bundle of joy and with good reason. There are simple and carefree, and bring a smile to your face with their antics. However, the mood and health of an infant can be tarnished due to an issue which is known as galactosemia.
What is Galactosemia?
When a baby has galactosemia, he or she will have a problem when it comes to digesting galactose, which is something that is present not only in milk but in all milk products. Galactose is a sort of sugar, just like fructose and glucose is. As a matter of fact, lactose, which is what milk has, is, in fact, a combination of glucose and galactose. Also, when lactose is processed, it is broken down by the human body into its constituents.
The condition is something that is passed down through the genes of the parents of the baby. The condition would occur if the gene which causes a tendency for a baby to have galactosemia is present not only in one parent but both of them. A baby who has the condition will be lacking an enzyme which is known as the GALT enzyme. The enzyme could also not be functioning as it should be under normal circumstances.
When it comes to the problem, it is very important, to say the least, to detect it sooner rather than later as if there is a build-up of unprocessed galactose which is allowed to occur, it can affect the baby adversely and in some cases, it can also be threatening to the life of the baby!
How does it affect a baby?
The problems which can erupt due to galactosemia include issues which affect organs such as the brain, eyes, liver and kidneys. It is interesting to take note of the fact that these are all organs which either have something to do either processing the blood or are heavily dependent on it. While a baby is not in the position in which he or she can communicate the issues that are being faced, when keeping an eye out for galactosemia, the signs which are displayed include an irritability of the baby as well as lacking consumption of the milk of the mother.
Even though galactosemia may not be the case, a doctor should be consulted as the exacerbated issue can include seizures and jaundice. It is to be kept in mind that galactose is something that can be found not only in the milk of the cow but also human milk as well as the milk of other animals such as goats. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.